Sunnis revolt against al-Qaida

Reply Fri 1 Jun, 2007 06:49 pm
Sunnis revolt against al-Qaida - Yahoo! News

By STEVEN R. HURST, Associated Press Writers
Thu May 31, 6:51 PM ET

BAGHDAD - U.S. troops battled al-Qaida in west Baghdad on Thursday after Sunni Arab residents challenged the militants and called for American help to end furious gunfire that kept students from final exams and forced people in the neighborhood to huddle indoors.

Backed by helicopter gunships, U.S. troops joined the two-day battle in the Amariyah district, according to a councilman and other residents of the Sunni district.

The fight reflects a trend that U.S. and Iraqi officials have been trumpeting recently to the west in Anbar province, once considered the heartland of the Sunni insurgency. Many Sunni tribes in the province have banded together to fight al-Qaida, claiming the terrorist group is more dangerous than American forces.

Nice, time for the dems to do something extreme, things are looking too good!!!
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 880 • Replies: 6
No top replies

Pinochet73

Reply Sat 2 Jun, 2007 08:31 pm
@Drnaline,
U.S. troops ROCK. They truly kick serious arse. The true American is a fighter.
0 Replies

Silverchild79

Reply Sun 3 Jun, 2007 10:27 am
@Drnaline,
Good to see the Sunni's fight terror. I take this with a grain of salt knowing that Al Qeada in Iraq is a Shiite group, but the enemy of my enemy is my friend
Volunteer

Reply Sun 3 Jun, 2007 12:53 pm
@Silverchild79,
Silverchild79;18840 wrote:
Good to see the Sunni's fight terror. I take this with a grain of salt knowing that Al Qeada in Iraq is a Shiite group, but the enemy of my enemy is my friend

Is Satan your enemy?

Is Sin your enemy?
Silverchild79

Reply Mon 4 Jun, 2007 11:06 am
@Volunteer,
Volunteer;18853 wrote:
Is Satan your enemy?

not anymore then Skeletor, Megatron, or Cobra Comander is
0 Replies

92b16vx

Reply Mon 4 Jun, 2007 03:58 pm
@Drnaline,
If only they were fighting them because they didn't side with them. Fact is, they are only trying to outst them because the way Al Qeada does it's business is contrary to their agenda.
0 Replies

Red cv

Reply Mon 4 Jun, 2007 05:56 pm
@Drnaline,
The only way we can help the people of Iraq and Afghanistan obtain peace is if the people work with us not against us. So far the leaders/war lords have let their cultural ethos of greed and corruption take a precident instead of aiding their entire population. We need to smash some of these war lords like glass, they care only for themselves and their greed not the people they "Say" they represent. They'd do business with the devil if they got paid for it, and the innocents suffer because of this.
0 Replies