The Essence of Liberalism: Embracing Life's Losers

Pinochet73

Reply Tue 1 May, 2007 06:55 pm
@Drnaline,
"Assuming Liberals are evil (they get my vote), your stance would be the polar opposite of the true Christian stance."

If Christ had wanted His followers to be weak, He would not have sent the Advocate to European Man. He would have sent Him elsewhere, to incompetent peoples, they who would have let it slip through their fingers. No....Christ dispatched the Paraclete to the most capable people on Earth, and they built a great civilization in Christ's name.
oleo

Reply Wed 9 May, 2007 01:47 pm
@Pinochet73,
Pinochet73;12314 wrote:
Liberalism is a religion that celebrates human weakness -- psychological, physical and spiritual. :cavt-126-asard:

not celebrates but seeks to address with compassion, like that Jesus guy did.
Pinochet73

Reply Wed 9 May, 2007 05:42 pm
@Drnaline,
Be advised: I am now putting on my golf cleats. You do know what that means, right?
0 Replies

Darkseid

Reply Thu 10 May, 2007 01:42 pm
@Drnaline,
Actually liberalism isn't really bad as long as it is conducted for and simply for the populace that wants. But it isn't the right sort of politics for a national identity.

The best libertarian president was the one that let our country fall apart prior to the Civil War. That is how bad libertarianism can be in the presidential seat.
0 Replies

Drnaline

Reply Thu 10 May, 2007 08:59 pm
@oleo,
oleo;15537 wrote:
not celebrates but seeks to address with compassion, like that Jesus guy did.
Difference between you and Jesus IMO is you have compassion to a fault.
0 Replies

Pinochet73

Reply Fri 11 May, 2007 05:09 am
@Pinochet73,
"....not celebrates but seeks to address with compassion, like that Jesus guy did."

I suspect he/she desires to destroy Christianity by transforming it into a doctrine of utter vulnerability, if not mass suicide. :no:
0 Replies