The French are at it again.

Reply Thu 1 Feb, 2007 09:01 pm
France's Chirac Tries to Sabotage Iran Sanctions

WASHINGTON -- French President Jacques Chirac is attempting to sabotage U.S.-led efforts to apply economic and diplomatic pressure on Iran, according to a report by the center-left French daily, Le Monde.

In a throwback to much-criticized behavior during the buildup to the Iraq war, Chirac planned to send his foreign minister on a secret trip to Tehran in late January, armed with a personal letter of assurances for Iran's Supreme leader Ayatollah Ali Khamenei, the daily reported.

Chirac wanted "to send a message to the Iranian authorities that a channel of communication can be kept open despite the vote by the United Nations Security Council" to impose sanctions on Iran, the paper wrote.

The United Nations Security Council imposed a basket of economic and diplomatic sanctions on Iran under Security Council resolution 1737 on Dec. 23.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 2,388 • Replies: 44
No top replies

mousy

Reply Fri 2 Feb, 2007 10:29 am
@Drnaline,
Hoooray for the French.. daring to say different, surely the United States will not destroy them for this defiance?
Drnaline

Reply Fri 2 Feb, 2007 11:19 am
@Drnaline,
Daring to day different? Then why did they agree to the santions in the first place? If they new they would be two faced about it. I call that cowardess.
We don't have to destroy France, they seem to be doing a good job of it all by themselves.
0 Replies

Red cv

Reply Fri 2 Feb, 2007 02:29 pm
@Drnaline,
Ah the French when faced with the enemy (Germany) they chanted "I'd rather be red than dead". Perhaps they need another "White flag factory". The French would sell their souls to befriend the enemy, but Dar you have a valid question why vote against Iran and then open a line of communication? Judas Priest of the modern world.
0 Replies

Drnaline

Reply Fri 2 Feb, 2007 04:12 pm
@Drnaline,
That's what it looks like to me, Chirac is no friend of this country. Not anything close to what a yellow backed frenchy would have you believe.
0 Replies

Red cv

Reply Mon 5 Feb, 2007 04:07 pm
@Drnaline,
Yep I agree, Canada being an appeasing cry baby country I offer Quebec as a peace offering to France. For Gods sake take the damn province we can't take it's hissy fits anymore. It's a never ending daily stuggle to keep up with their demands of " We're Special", growing up that meant retarded but now the PC crowd won't let society use the word "Retarded" lest we offend their imaginary friends.
0 Replies

Drnaline

Reply Tue 6 Feb, 2007 08:07 am
@Drnaline,
Who cares what the PC crowd wants. Retarded, Retarded, Retarded, Retarded, Retarded, Retarded, Retarded, Retarded.
0 Replies

Professor Chaos

Reply Tue 6 Feb, 2007 12:49 pm
@Drnaline,
LOL! "Newsmax" as a source! LOL!
Brent cv

Reply Tue 6 Feb, 2007 02:59 pm
@mousy,
mousy;10179 wrote:
Hoooray for the French.. daring to say different, surely the United States will not destroy them for this defiance?

I hope we do destroy France Smile
0 Replies

Red cv

Reply Tue 6 Feb, 2007 03:33 pm
@Drnaline,
France doesn't need any help being distroyed, it's Muslim population is due to become the majority in 20 years. I hope they don't mind giving up pork chops and "All" their freedoms. Allah Akbar France, Allah most merciful.
Professor Chaos

Reply Tue 6 Feb, 2007 03:38 pm
@Drnaline,
What the hell kind of redneck anti-MENSA did I stumble across, lol.
Brent cv

Reply Tue 6 Feb, 2007 03:49 pm
@Professor Chaos,
Professor Chaos;10366 wrote:

Ah the lovely liberals. Always so accepting of others beliefs. Never resort to name calling. Nah....
Brent cv

Reply Tue 6 Feb, 2007 03:50 pm
@Red cv,
Red;10363 wrote:
France doesn't need any help being distroyed, it's Muslim population is due to become the majority in 20 years. I hope they don't mind giving up pork chops and "All" their freedoms. Allah Akbar France, Allah most merciful.

Correct. Many believe Chirac didn't support the Iraq war because he didn't want to lose the support of the growing Muslim population in France.
0 Replies

Professor Chaos

Reply Tue 6 Feb, 2007 03:59 pm
@Drnaline,
When in Rome...
Brent cv

Reply Tue 6 Feb, 2007 04:02 pm
@Professor Chaos,
Professor Chaos;10373 wrote:
When in Rome...

.... you are also in Italy?
0 Replies

Drnaline

Reply Tue 6 Feb, 2007 07:11 pm
@Professor Chaos,
Professor Chaos;10340 wrote:
LOL! "Newsmax" as a source! LOL!
Lets see your source to disproof or debunk it? Don't hate the player, if you can't stand the game.
0 Replies

Drnaline

Reply Tue 6 Feb, 2007 07:16 pm
@Professor Chaos,
Professor Chaos;10366 wrote:
What you stumbled across is your nose, even though you cut if off despite your face.
0 Replies

Drnaline

Reply Tue 6 Feb, 2007 07:18 pm
@Brent cv,
Brent;10369 wrote:
Ah the lovely liberals. Always so accepting of others beliefs. Never resort to name calling. Nah....
So tolerant they are. Now i feel all cozy inside, LOL.
0 Replies

Tulip cv

Reply Tue 6 Feb, 2007 07:19 pm
@Drnaline,
Quote:
Yep I agree, Canada being an appeasing cry baby country I offer Quebec as a peace offering to France. For Gods sake take the damn province we can't take it's hissy fits anymore. It's a never ending daily stuggle to keep up with their demands of " We're Special", growing up that meant retarded but now the PC crowd won't let society use the word "Retarded" lest we offend their imaginary friends.
zee RED

Heck, I offer the French-'Canadians'---and l link those two together LOOSELY!-- they can row over as one big badly accented SOUFFLE...yes a peace offering they can work for the french Muslims Dhimmi class...and peace to us for once and for all...then we can finally have Quebec, which we graciously allowed them to live in so they wouldn't have to go back to France in disgrace {bad move they should have all been deported}.

and no offence to the souffe...it's just like a souffle, the whinny snot nosed war losers are full of hot air!!!!

however at least they can cook a little....

END OF RANT!!! {HEE-HEE}
0 Replies

Professor Chaos

Reply Tue 6 Feb, 2007 08:14 pm
@Drnaline,
Is this supposed to be what passes for humor around here? Wow.