'Botched' war joke won't hurt me

tumbleweed cv

Reply Tue 21 Nov, 2006 12:56 pm
@NaterG,
My mistake.

I think Kerry went overboard with the comment, but there were a lot of comments made from both sides during the election that were blown out of proportion.

I doubt Kerry will be the front runner in 2008.The Democrats will go with someone more moderate. Kerry is the only one who thinks his comments won't make a difference.
0 Replies

Drnaline

Reply Tue 21 Nov, 2006 08:04 pm
@tumbleweed cv,
tumbleweed;7173 wrote:
Sniff, sniff! All I smell is straw burning.Very Happy Very Happy
Your matress catch on fire again?
0 Replies

Drnaline

Reply Tue 21 Nov, 2006 08:07 pm
@tumbleweed cv,
tumbleweed;7182 wrote:
That's what happens when threads go off topic. It turns into a cat and mouse discussion.
I love the taste of mice. But you taste more like a democrat.
tumbleweed cv

Reply Tue 21 Nov, 2006 08:12 pm
@Drnaline,
Back to the Kerry comment.:backtotopic:
0 Replies

Drnaline

Reply Tue 21 Nov, 2006 08:12 pm
@Drnaline,
Don't wanna play any more huh?
tumbleweed cv

Reply Tue 21 Nov, 2006 08:25 pm
@Drnaline,
Not cat and mouse. It's getting boring. It was good for a laugh.

Feel free to continue.
0 Replies

Drnaline

Reply Tue 21 Nov, 2006 08:34 pm
@Drnaline,
I can stay on topic, but as we both know potshots works both ways. I won't if you don't. As with life there is change. I'll always go with the opposing flow.
Shall we call a truse?
tumbleweed cv

Reply Tue 21 Nov, 2006 08:55 pm
@Drnaline,
Do what you want. I find this banter boring in huge amounts.

I didn't take offense to the comment by Kerry.
I didn't think it was Funny
It was in bad taste, but it was at a time when both sides were slinging mud
He apologized.
I don't like Kerry, but it is for different reasons other than this comment.
I have never voted for Kerry, I never will. He is a liberal. I'm in favor of the moderate Democrats.
Kerry represent a liberal state that Maine doesn't really appreciate. We call them Massholes.
I'm from a Green state so it's like oil and water.

Republicans have a different bone to pick with him than I do.
0 Replies

Drnaline

Reply Tue 21 Nov, 2006 08:57 pm
@Drnaline,
Massholes, i like that.
0 Replies

rhopper3

Reply Tue 21 Nov, 2006 09:05 pm
@NaterG,
It probably will. Everybody knew what he meant. Which was that unless you are a genius or rich you might be boxed into the option of joining the military to finish college or get training and end up in Iraq, not because you wanted to serve but because you needed the money or training. The issue is not Bush's education or even his intelligence. It is his lack of intelectual curiosity, his stubborness and tendency to think inductively rather than looking at the facts first and then decide what to do afterwards. It is clear to anyone who watches TV at all that he believes in faith and instinct and gut feelings rather than analysis. He ignores advice from more intelligent and better qualified people because he believes that if he believes it enough that matters and it does not. Don't belive know or at least make an educated guess.
Faith and Common sense are not tools for governing a nation as silly as that sounds. Your grandmother might be great at raising kids or running a ranch or the family business but her words of wisdom mean nothing and should mean nothing to a president whose hand hovers over the button commanding the military of the one remaining superpower. In short common sense is not the primary tool of a good leader. knowledge and logic are
0 Replies

Drnaline

Reply Tue 21 Nov, 2006 09:10 pm
@Drnaline,
Well said.
0 Replies