'Botched' war joke won't hurt me

Reply Mon 20 Nov, 2006 07:07 am
Kerry: 'Botched' war joke won't hurt me - Yahoo! News

WASHINGTON - Massachusetts Sen. John Kerry insisted on Sunday his "botched joke" about President Bush's Iraq policy would not undermine a possible White House campaign in 2008.

"Not in the least," Kerry, the Democratic presidential nominee in 2004, said when asked if the furor over his comment had caused him to reconsider a 2008 race. "The parlor game of who's up, who's down, today or tomorrow, if I listened to that stuff, I would never have won the nomination."

One thing i've been meaning to ask. If it was a botched joke, what was the real punchline? I haven't heard any one including Carry mention it!
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 1,752 • Replies: 30
No top replies

tumbleweed cv

Reply Mon 20 Nov, 2006 04:11 pm
@Drnaline,
That if you don't get an education you will do stupid things like Bush does.Very Happy
Brent cv

Reply Mon 20 Nov, 2006 04:30 pm
@Drnaline,
He is retarded if he thinks he will get the Democratic bid again
tumbleweed cv

Reply Mon 20 Nov, 2006 04:37 pm
@Brent cv,
Yea, I doubt ol' moose jaw will get the nomination.:cool:
0 Replies

Drnaline

Reply Mon 20 Nov, 2006 05:15 pm
@tumbleweed cv,
tumbleweed;7071 wrote:
That if you don't get an education you will do stupid things like Bush does.Very Happy
Bush is educated. Went to the same school as Carry. And if Carry would release his records like he said he would do years ago. I'd bet Bush had a better grade point average. Some punch line?
tumbleweed cv

Reply Mon 20 Nov, 2006 05:54 pm
@Drnaline,
Just because someone is book smart doesn't mean they have any commom sense.:wtf:
Curmudgeon

Reply Mon 20 Nov, 2006 06:55 pm
@Drnaline,
Common sense isn't very common , and I still think Bush is more intelligent than Kerry . I think Bush has shown common sense more often than not . At least he doesn't go off on tangents , then have to backpedal .
0 Replies

Drnaline

Reply Mon 20 Nov, 2006 10:17 pm
@tumbleweed cv,
tumbleweed;7077 wrote:
Just because someone is book smart doesn't mean they have any commom sense.:wtf:

This is from the same person that said Bush was uneducated, figures. Do you ever not go in circles, i'm starting to get dizzy.
tumbleweed cv

Reply Mon 20 Nov, 2006 10:35 pm
@Drnaline,
I don't recall saying Bush was uneducated. Without looking it up I don't know anything about his education.

If he was educated he isn't showing it. What did he major in, Retardanomics ?
Drnaline

Reply Mon 20 Nov, 2006 10:40 pm
@tumbleweed cv,
tumbleweed;7123 wrote:
I don't recall saying Bush was uneducated. Without looking it up I don't know anything about his education.

If he was educated he isn't showing it. What did he major in, Retardanomics ?
Quote:
I don't recall saying Bush was uneducated.

I'm sure you don't recall alot of things, very conveniant.
Not did say it in this thread.
Quote:
If he was educated he isn't showing it. What did he major in, Retardanomics

Yup Carry came in second---------- to last. But we all know second place is first loser.
tumbleweed cv

Reply Mon 20 Nov, 2006 10:56 pm
@Drnaline,
Drnaline;7124 wrote:
I'm sure you don't recall alot of things, very conveniant.
Not did say it in this thread.

Yup Carry came in second---------- to last. But we all know second place is first loser.

Quote me where I said it. I didn't say Bush was uneducated. I've said a lot of things about Bush but I've never discussed his education achievments.
0 Replies

Curmudgeon

Reply Mon 20 Nov, 2006 11:44 pm
@Drnaline,
Just as Kerry didn't slam the troops' intelligence with his "botched joke " ?

You said - "That if you don't get an education you will do stupid things like Bush does." The inference is there in that statement .
tumbleweed cv

Reply Tue 21 Nov, 2006 05:46 am
@Curmudgeon,
Curmudgeon;7141 wrote:
Just as Kerry didn't slam the troops' intelligence with his "botched joke " ?

You said - "That if you don't get an education you will do stupid things like Bush does." The inference is there in that statement .

I translated Kerrys joke which wasn't my joke to start with.:wtf: You're going to have to do better than that.Very Happy

Kerry didn't direct his insult at the troops,even they know that.

Official translation."I can't overstress the importance of a great education. Do you know where you end up if you don't study, if you aren't smart, if you're intellectually lazy? You end up getting us stuck in a war in Iraq."
Drnaline

Reply Tue 21 Nov, 2006 07:34 am
@tumbleweed cv,
tumbleweed;7145 wrote:
I translated Kerrys joke which wasn't my joke to start with.:wtf: You're going to have to do better than that.Very Happy

Kerry didn't direct his insult at the troops,even they know that.

Official translation."I can't overstress the importance of a great education. Do you know where you end up if you don't study, if you aren't smart, if you're intellectually lazy? You end up getting us stuck in a war in Iraq."
If they new that then why did some get offended? The word Bush was know where to be found till after the botch. Denial, denial denial.
Quote:
You're going to have to do better than that

That's your opinion. Translate that.
tumbleweed cv

Reply Tue 21 Nov, 2006 07:52 am
@Drnaline,
The translation I posted in #13 was from a Kerry spokesperson.

As for translating my opinion, no further translation needed.If you don't understand what I said, it's over your head.Very Happy
0 Replies

Drnaline

Reply Tue 21 Nov, 2006 07:56 am
@Drnaline,
Sure it was? Defending dems again even though you claim you are not one. Something smells fishy.
tumbleweed cv

Reply Tue 21 Nov, 2006 08:04 am
@Drnaline,
Sniff, sniff! All I smell is straw burning.Very Happy Very Happy
NaterG

Reply Tue 21 Nov, 2006 10:47 am
@Drnaline,
You know, regardless of how the joke is said and who it is aimed at, he stooped to insulting someones intelligence. What are we, back in the 5th grade?
tumbleweed cv

Reply Tue 21 Nov, 2006 11:02 am
@NaterG,
That's what happens when threads go off topic. It turns into a cat and mouse discussion.
NaterG

Reply Tue 21 Nov, 2006 12:06 pm
@tumbleweed cv,
tumbleweed;7182 wrote:
That's what happens when threads go off topic. It turns into a cat and mouse discussion.

The fifth grade reference was aimed at that loser Kerry, not anyone on this site.