Saddam gets to hang.

z0z0

Reply Tue 16 Jan, 2007 08:17 am
@Drnaline,
Drnaline - yet another example of how utterly stupid you are.

What Bush does sets the tone for the Western World.
If Bush in his imperialistic endeavors pisses of the rest of the world we in Canada would suffer as well.

Think of it this way.

I have a nice house in a nice neighborhood.
If you moved in next door you would say that you have every right to park your big trailer home in the front yard and turn the property into a trailer park dump. It is your property and your neighbors should have no say in what you do on your property.

Unfortunately what you do on your property affects the rest of the neighborhood and the resale value of the other homes.

I wonder if you will understand that metaphor.

The US does not live in isolation.
The US is not the center of the Universe.

What the US does has ramifications for the rest of us.

Note - I requested that we keep the personal barbs for that "special" thread where we can abuse one another - but you have chosen to keep making personal attacks in these threads as well and so I will respond.
As for Body Language - are you telling me that you do not know anything about the subject?
I thought you are a social scientist. You must know something about the verbal and non-verbal aspects of communications.
I guess your education must be an example of the dumbing down of US education.
Drnaline

Reply Tue 16 Jan, 2007 02:44 pm
@Drnaline,
Flatery will get you know where.

Quote:
Unfortunately what you do on your property affects the rest of the neighborhood and the resale value of the other homes.

Sounds like you and your neighbors practice alot of discrimination. So i think your metaphor is prejudice.
Quote:
Note - I requested that we keep the personal barbs for that "special" thread where we can abuse one another - but you have chosen to keep making personal attacks in these threads as well and so I will respond.
Would you quote me where you think a made a personal attack? The first was a question, the others are facts are they not?
I guess the ignore button wouldn't of worked even if you coulda used it?
z0z0

Reply Tue 16 Jan, 2007 03:22 pm
@Drnaline,
Drnaline;9447 wrote:
Flatery will get you know where.

Sounds like you and your neighbors practice alot of discrimination. So i think your metaphor is prejudice.
Would you quote me where you think a made a personal attack? The first was a question, the others are facts are they not?
I guess the ignore button wouldn't of worked even if you coulda used it?

1. Your comment about me studying body language sounded like a criticism of my ability to read body language.

2. Yeah - I guess the folks in my neighborhood would be prejudiced against trailer trash that decreases property values in the neighborhood.

3. Damn I wish that ignor button worked.
0 Replies

Drnaline

Reply Tue 16 Jan, 2007 03:31 pm
@Drnaline,
1. It wasn't a comment, it was a question.

2. I thought so.

3. I don't think it matters.
0 Replies

z0z0

Reply Tue 16 Jan, 2007 03:45 pm
@z0z0,
YOU WIN.

I Officially declare that I am not the caliber of person this community desires.
Since I add little value and our conversations have degraded to silly name calling I do not want to continue bringing negative energy to this site.

For that reason I leave.
0 Replies

Drnaline

Reply Tue 16 Jan, 2007 03:48 pm
@Drnaline,
I won't hold you to it.
0 Replies

oleo

Reply Wed 17 Jan, 2007 03:50 pm
@z0z0,
Reflections on the death of a war criminal
0 Replies

Drnaline

Reply Thu 18 Jan, 2007 02:04 pm
@Drnaline,
Quote:
belief in the sanctity of human life.

Wonder what his view on abortion is?
Quote:
I believe it is particularly important to analyze Saddam’s execution carefully to see if it can be justified morally or legally.

Saddam decided his fate long ago. Live by the sword.
Quote:
The Catechism of the Catholic Church (sec. 2267) states that the only time Church teaching permits the use of the death penalty is where the “execution of the offender is an absolute necessity,” because it is “the only possible way of defending human lives against the unjust aggressor.”

This is our Church teaching. He wasn't executed by Catholic Christians, i think there was not one in the bunch. Proabably all Muslim.
Quote:
“practically nonexistent.”

Practically does not equal always.
Quote:
That said, why then did the Church counsel against Saddam’s execution, and afterwards describe it as “tragic news” and “a cause for sadness?”

Because a human life was lost.
oleo

Reply Fri 19 Jan, 2007 07:23 pm
@Drnaline,
Drnaline;9510 wrote:
Wonder what his view on abortion is?

He seems to be a hardcore Catholic, so I'd guess he's against it.

His argument, from his legal point of view, is that we not only allowed the
execution to happen but went out of way to make it happen, illegally.
tumbleweed cv

Reply Fri 19 Jan, 2007 08:33 pm
@z0z0,
From what I read, international law violated at will. No surprise there. We stopped being a nation of laws the day Bush took office.

Thank you NeoCons.:cool:
Sherman cv

Reply Fri 19 Jan, 2007 09:06 pm
@z0z0,
z0z0;9422 wrote:
People that understand body language say that body language (subconscious actions) does not lie. If the body language says one thing and the verbal language says another then believe the body language.

The body language issue is just one issue.

That's a lot of ball!!!
Do you know that man what kind of problems face everyday since the Iraq War? I mean everybody always talk about Iraq and the Iraquis ..it seems so hypocritical! What about americans who died on 9/11 and soldiers that face threats on daily basis from those poor armed not so innocent iraquis. all of you defend so much?

The other reason that I have lost faith in Bush and the NeoCon attack on Iraq is the fact that in order to change society you need to give people economic incentives. Think of this - if you put a 42" Plasma into each home - how many of the youngsters would be out on the streets causing problems? Please note - I use the Plasma TV as a metaphor for greater economic issues.If Iraqis started getting jobs and "having something to lose" then they themselves would fight to stop the violence.

Are you kidding me? America has done enough, already by creating a new scenario, a liberal governament that can grow and expand in a new direction; it is up to them now to build a new era, give people hope and something to look forward to...\

Bush did not follow through with the economic stimulus and for that reason I fear that he might actually want instability in Iraq. If so then what is his REAL agenda. The agenda that he is not telling us about.
[/B]

Further more If Bush intervene whatsoever like you say, the muslim radicals and sympatizer of the talibans will sees it as a sign of American Imperialism, therefore a threat; we cannot allow that happen.

The siatuation is delicate, we need to be cautious, don't you think that we already shaked the barrel too much? America does not need more enemies, right now it needs to show Muslims support and remain in Iraq to control ulterior insurgencies.....
0 Replies

Sherman cv

Reply Fri 19 Jan, 2007 09:23 pm
@z0z0,
[QUOTE=z0z0;9438]Drnaline - yet another example of how utterly stupid you are.

What Bush does sets the tone for the Western World.
If Bush in his imperialistic endeavors pisses of the rest of the world we in Canada would suffer as well.

Think of it this way.

I have a nice house in a nice neighborhood.
If you moved in next door you would say that you have every right to park your big trailer home in the front yard and turn the property into a trailer park dump. It is your property and your neighbors should have no say in what you do on your property.

I wonder if you will understand that metaphor.

The US does not live in isolation.
The US is not the center of the Universe.

What the US does has ramifications for the rest of us.

Of course we understand the methaphor! Americans are perfeclty aware to be part of the world. It is some other people who are intollerant to other cultures and religions. These people are on the rampage to get us!!

US it is only duing the world a favor by standing up to them on the baseline taking the heat,! America is sacrificing Its own soldiers, who by the way were also affected by the 9/11...Think about that neighbourhood!!!!

Don't you think that Muslims also are responsable for the last 6 years social/political events? The truth is that it is political correct blame americans for everithing and leave "minority" communities out of the loop?? How fear is that?
0 Replies

Drnaline

Reply Sat 20 Jan, 2007 08:58 am
@oleo,
oleo;9547 wrote:
He seems to be a hardcore Catholic, so I'd guess he's against it.

His argument, from his legal point of view, is that we not only allowed the
execution to happen but went out of way to make it happen, illegally.
If he didn't get killed by this court, there would of been many others courts for the many others crimes he would of been prosecuted for.
0 Replies

Drnaline

Reply Sat 20 Jan, 2007 09:02 am
@tumbleweed cv,
tumbleweed;9548 wrote:
From what I read, international law violated at will. No surprise there. We stopped being a nation of laws the day Bush took office.

Thank you NeoCons.:cool:
We as a nation follow our rule of law, not international.
Some might say Clinton admin perfected the lawlessness. At least Bush used his lawlessness against terrorists, Bill used his against his political enemy's.
0 Replies

tumbleweed cv

Reply Sat 20 Jan, 2007 10:36 am
@z0z0,
That's a joke. Bush makes up his own laws.Clinton doesn't have anything to do with it, as usual.

NeoCons make up laws, not abide by them.
0 Replies

Drnaline

Reply Sat 20 Jan, 2007 08:48 pm
@Drnaline,
Sorry, the president does not make law. He does sign them into law though.
0 Replies

tumbleweed cv

Reply Sat 20 Jan, 2007 09:06 pm
@z0z0,
Sorry, but I don't recall Senate approval for all his war on terror policies.:wtf:
0 Replies

Drnaline

Reply Sat 20 Jan, 2007 09:34 pm
@Drnaline,
The senate gave approval when they impowered him to protect us.
Quote:
To authorize the use of United States Armed Forces against those responsible for the recent attacks launched against the United States.
Whereas, on September 11, 2001, acts of treacherous violence were committed against the United States and its citizens; and
Whereas, such acts render it both necessary and appropriate that the United States exercise its rights to self-defense and to protect United States citizens both at home and abroad; and
Whereas, in light of the threat to the national security and foreign policy of the United States posed by these grave acts of violence; and
Whereas, such acts continue to pose an unusual and extraordinary threat to the national security and foreign policy of the United States; and
Whereas, the President has authority under the Constitution to take action to deter and prevent acts of international terrorism against the United States: Now, therefore, be it
Resolved by the Senate and House of Representatives of the United States of America in Congress assembled,

(a) IN GENERAL- That the President is authorized to use all necessary and appropriate force against those nations, organizations, or persons he determines planned, authorized, committed, or aided the terrorist attacks that occurred on September 11, 2001, or harbored such organizations or persons, in order to prevent any future acts of international terrorism against the United States by such nations, organizations or persons.

0 Replies

tumbleweed cv

Reply Sat 20 Jan, 2007 11:06 pm
@z0z0,
And I suppose they approved of his self imposed presidential powers. Nice try. He is a NeoCon. They like making their own rules. Presidential signings are at record level, and you try to tell me congress approved of it.

Hello!!!Hello!!! Very Happy
0 Replies

Drnaline

Reply Sun 21 Jan, 2007 10:38 am
@Drnaline,
"That the President is authorized to use all necessary and appropriate force against those nations, organizations, or persons he determines"
You know what "he" implys? That's right the prez. It does not say congress, it does not say tumbleweed, it does not say drnaline. He alone decides with advise from his advisers.
Quote:
They like making their own rules.

Switching your arguement around a little? First you said he makes his own laws? What next after making rules?
Quote:
Presidential signings are at record level, and you try to tell me congress approved of it.

Are you saying that Congress doesn't know what there making and just send up any old thing for him to sign? How does the prez get to sign what does not make it through congress? Answer, he don't. Congress makes law, president signs it into law and SCOTUS defines it. Simple enough you would think!
0 Replies