Saddam gets to hang.

Reply Sun 5 Nov, 2006 11:09 am
Iraqi tribunal sentences Saddam to hang - Yahoo! News

BAGHDAD, Iraq - Saddam Hussein was convicted and sentenced Sunday to hang for crimes against humanity in the 1982 killings of 148 people in a single Shiite town, as the ousted leader, trembling and defiant, shouted "God is great!"

As he, his half brother and another senior official in his regime were convicted and sentenced to death by the Iraqi High Tribunal, Saddam yelled out, "Long live the people and death to their enemies. Long live the glorious nation, and death to its enemies!" Later, his lawyer said the former dictator had called on Iraqis to reject sectarian violence and refrain from revenge against U.S. forces.

The trial brought Saddam and his co-defendants before their accusers in what was one of the most highly publicized and heavily reported trials of its kind since the Nuremberg tribunals for members of Adolf Hitler's Nazi regime and its slaughter of 6 million Jews in the World War II Holocaust

Click for the rest.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 2,961 • Replies: 43
No top replies

tumbleweed cv

Reply Sun 5 Nov, 2006 11:17 am
@Drnaline,
Yea, 2 days before the election. This has Rove written all over it.:cool:
Curmudgeon

Reply Sun 5 Nov, 2006 11:49 am
@Drnaline,
I give no credit to those who are saying this was timed to help Bush .

This trial has dragged on so long , it seems comical to me . The trial is the first that Saddam has faced in the wake of his downfall.

It has been punctuated by walkouts, boycotts, hunger-strikes by Saddam and his co-defendants, the murder of three lawyers and the removal of the original trial judge, who announced in court that he did not believe Saddam was a dictator.

Now we will see what result this sentence has on Iraq .

Perhaps it will settle things down , but just as possible is an increase in activity of insurgents .
0 Replies

Drnaline

Reply Sun 5 Nov, 2006 09:47 pm
@tumbleweed cv,
tumbleweed;6388 wrote:
Yea, 2 days before the election. This has Rove written all over it.:cool:
If you could prove that then together you would have two penny's to rub together.
tumbleweed cv

Reply Sun 5 Nov, 2006 11:14 pm
@Drnaline,
It was an opinion. Opinions aren't facts. There is nothing to prove.:cool:
0 Replies

Drnaline

Reply Mon 6 Nov, 2006 07:21 am
@Drnaline,
Just like there is nothing to prove about torture, merely an opinion.
tumbleweed cv

Reply Mon 6 Nov, 2006 07:47 am
@Drnaline,
Just an opinion based on an observation.
0 Replies

Drnaline

Reply Mon 6 Nov, 2006 07:53 am
@Drnaline,
That's what i thought, so what we really have is Americans mistreating detainees, no torture.
tumbleweed cv

Reply Mon 6 Nov, 2006 08:01 am
@Drnaline,
Drnaline;6434 wrote:
That's what i thought, so what we really have is Americans mistreating detainees, no torture.

That's your opinion.

That is what your government is telling you.
0 Replies

Drnaline

Reply Mon 6 Nov, 2006 08:06 am
@Drnaline,
Quote:
That's your opinion.

You, nor anyone else has proven any diferent. And what is your government telling you?
tumbleweed cv

Reply Mon 6 Nov, 2006 08:13 am
@Drnaline,
I'm not gullible enough to believe anything they say.

If their statements convince you, that would be understandable.
oleo

Reply Mon 6 Nov, 2006 02:31 pm
@Drnaline,
Drnaline;6427 wrote:
Just like there is nothing to prove about torture, merely an opinion.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=81xjAgCOX3A

wherein a FOX News reporter is waterboarded and comes to the conclusion
taht "As far as torture goes, at least in this controlled experiment, to me this
seemed like a pretty efficient mechanism."

...and he had the ability to stop it whenever he wanted, as well as the
knowledge that it was only a test.

I think you might be a sociopath, and the evidence is stacking up that it
might not just be an opinion.
htmlmaster

Reply Mon 6 Nov, 2006 06:15 pm
@Drnaline,
Well, I'm interested to say the least. I think that it'll give the Republicans an advantage in the election.
0 Replies

Drnaline

Reply Mon 6 Nov, 2006 08:54 pm
@tumbleweed cv,
tumbleweed;6441 wrote:
I'm not gullible enough to believe anything they say.

If their statements convince you, that would be understandable.
What other information do you have that would lead you to believe otherwise?
Drnaline

Reply Mon 6 Nov, 2006 08:58 pm
@oleo,
oleo;6443 wrote:
YouTube - FOX News Correspondent Gets Waterboarded

wherein a FOX News reporter is waterboarded and comes to the conclusion
taht "As far as torture goes, at least in this controlled experiment, to me this
seemed like a pretty efficient mechanism."

...and he had the ability to stop it whenever he wanted, as well as the
knowledge that it was only a test.

I think you might be a sociopath, and the evidence is stacking up that it
might not just be an opinion.
Do you have proof they have been waterboarding people? Is waterboarding illegal under what ever convention you choose to name? Sociopath? Is this an attempt to show your openmindedness and/or tolerence?
0 Replies

tumbleweed cv

Reply Tue 7 Nov, 2006 11:25 am
@Drnaline,
Drnaline;6477 wrote:
What other information do you have that would lead you to believe otherwise?

The longer I observe government in action, the more I'm convinced they get more secretive with every change of power. Now government is even making up it own rules on how to run the country outside the guidelines of our Constitution.

The people who founded this country didn't trust the government they created, and I can understand why.
0 Replies

z0z0

Reply Mon 15 Jan, 2007 03:19 pm
@Drnaline,
Last night - when asked whether he (Bush) watched the Saddam Hussein hanging, he said: (60 Minutes Transcripts)

[INDENT]
PELLEY: Did you see the video of Saddam Hussein's . . .

BUSH: I saw some of it.

PELLEY: . . . execution?

BUSH: Yeah.

PELLEY: What did you think when you saw that?

BUSH: I thought it was discouraging. You know, obviously could have handled this thing a lot better. And I knew it'd be, you know, one of those incidents where it would call into doubt . . . it would create further skepticism. You know, it's important that-- that chapter of Iraqi history be closed. They could have handled it a lot better.

PELLEY: I wonder if there was also some sense of satisfaction. You've had this guy in your sights for a long time.

BUSH: Not really. Not really. I was satisfied when we captured him. I'm just not . . .revenge isn't necessarily something that causes me to react. In other words, I'm not a revengeful person. I'm glad he received the justice that was due.

PELLEY: I'm curious. How did you see the video?

BUSH: Internet.

PELLEY: You called it up on the internet and watched it?

BUSH: Somebody showed me parts of it. Yeah. I didn't wanna watch the whole thing.

PELLEY: Well, you keep saying "parts of it." What do you mean you didn't wanna watch the whole thing?

BUSH: I wasn't sure what to anticipate beyond the yelling and stuff like that. And I didn't . . .

PELLEY: You didn't wanna see him go through the trapdoor.

BUSH: Yeah. Yes. I didn't.[/INDENT]

While he said one thing - his body language said "Of course I watched it. I killed him. I got him to hang. Look at the size of my balls. You don't like it? Too ******* bad you peon. I am the man - Geroge W. Bush. You can't do nuthin 'bout it. "

Just my opinion.

http://wwwimage.cbsnews.com/images/2007/01/14/image2359118g.jpg

It is his stupid grin that I can't stand. It signals for some reason that he is not telling the truth. Or at the very least he is a stupid man on a power-trip.

Note: Initially I was for the attack on Iraq. I thought that if a democracy or at least a freer society implemented in Iraq that it could be a sign of potential for other countries in the region. Bush's policies though have not done much to develop a free society with a healthy economy. The only thing that he has done is continue a military action.
0 Replies

Curmudgeon

Reply Mon 15 Jan, 2007 05:56 pm
@Drnaline,
Is Bush's grin and body language all that you use to judge him and his administration ? If that is the case , then I suppose you think he never tells the truth .
0 Replies

z0z0

Reply Mon 15 Jan, 2007 06:25 pm
@Drnaline,
People that understand body language say that body language (subconscious actions) does not lie. If the body language says one thing and the verbal language says another then believe the body language.

The body language issue is just one issue.

The other reason that I have lost faith in Bush and the NeoCon attack on Iraq is the fact that in order to change society you need to give people economic incentives. Think of this - if you put a 42" Plasma into each home - how many of the youngsters would be out on the streets causing problems? Please note - I use the Plasma TV as a metaphor for greater economic issues.

If Iraqis started getting jobs and "having something to lose" then they themselves would fight to stop the violence.

Bush did not follow through with the economic stimulus and for that reason I fear that he might actually want instability in Iraq. If so then what is his REAL agenda. The agenda that he is not telling us about.
Drnaline

Reply Tue 16 Jan, 2007 08:04 am
@Drnaline,
Quote:
While he said one thing - his body language said "Of course I watched it. I killed him. I got him to hang. Look at the size of my balls. You don't like it? Too ******* bad you peon. I am the man - Geroge W. Bush. You can't do nuthin 'bout it. "

Just my opinion.

That's coming from some one who studyies body language right?
Why do you need faith in Bush, he's not your president. That goes for his agenda too, your not American remember.
0 Replies