POW Lawsuit Could Force Kerry To Come Clean

GoodBoy

Reply Wed 1 Nov, 2006 12:58 pm
@Drnaline,
I guess Kerry could start a "COWARD" party.. he'd have enough support to win.
0 Replies

oleo

Reply Wed 1 Nov, 2006 01:39 pm
@Drnaline,
Are you a veteran? Did you ever see combat?

If not, you're not qualified to call him a coward. If you did see combat
you're not qualified to call him a coward.

There's planes leaving for Iraq everyday. I'll take donations to get you
a ticket and a rifle.
GoodBoy

Reply Wed 1 Nov, 2006 02:13 pm
@Drnaline,
lol, they are cowards.. sorry it upset ya honey
0 Replies

tumbleweed cv

Reply Wed 1 Nov, 2006 02:18 pm
@oleo,
oleo;6164 wrote:

a ticket and a rifle.

I'll chip in on the ticket but not the rifle.I'm not sure which side GoodBoy is on.:wtf:
0 Replies

Drnaline

Reply Wed 1 Nov, 2006 06:49 pm
@Drnaline,
Quote:
Yea, you would.

Some of us realize who the comments were directed at.
Feel free to take the statement out of context though.

I will if i so choose. It was a botched joke my ass. The "some" you talk about is a very small percentage. So what was the reason he ended up in Cambodia/Vietnam? Because he was stupid.
0 Replies

Brent cv

Reply Wed 1 Nov, 2006 08:22 pm
@oleo,
oleo;6164 wrote:

a ticket and a rifle.

I will call him what I want. The way he slandered our troops after his service is despicable and the comments he made yesterday were despicable. He is a coward period. He has a history of saying ignorant, hurtful things about our military.
tumbleweed cv

Reply Wed 1 Nov, 2006 09:52 pm
@Brent cv,
As a legal definition, according to Subchapter X, Section 899, Article 99[1] of the United States Uniform Code of Military Justice, Kerry doesn't qualify as a coward.
Drnaline

Reply Wed 1 Nov, 2006 09:57 pm
@Drnaline,
Got link?
0 Replies

Brent cv

Reply Wed 1 Nov, 2006 09:57 pm
@tumbleweed cv,
tumbleweed;6218 wrote:
As a legal definition, according to Subchapter X, Section 899, Article 99[1] of the United States Uniform Code of Military Justice, Kerry doesn't qualify as a coward.

Good thing I don't follow Subchapter X, Section 899, Article 99[1] of the United States Uniform Code of Military Justice
tumbleweed cv

Reply Thu 2 Nov, 2006 04:37 am
@Brent cv,
Fine with me.Very Happy

Follow whatever you like, but Kerry wasn't a coward in military terms. The only thing Kerry was guilty of was having a guilty conscience about what was taking place in the war zone. The soldiers who were committing all of the acts denied it then like they deny it now, but it did happen.

Kerry wasn't the only one who saw it happening either, but he was a spokesman for them. Shooting the messenger doesn't change events.
tumbleweed cv

Reply Thu 2 Nov, 2006 07:01 am
@tumbleweed cv,
Speaking of cowards.Very Happy

Who served?

Speaker of the House Dennis Hastert - avoided the draft, did not serve.
Former House Majority Leader Dick Armey - avoided the draft, did not serve.
Former House Majority Leader Tom Delay - avoided the draft, did not serve (1). "So many minority youths had volunteered ... that there was literally no room for patriotic folks like himself."
House Majority Whip Roy Blunt - did not serve
Senate Majority Leader Bill Frist - did not serve. (An impressive medical resume, but not such a friend to cats in Boston.)
Majority Whip Mitch McConnell, R-KY - did not serve (1)
Rick Santorum, R-PA, third ranking Republican in the Senate - did not serve. (1)
George Felix Allen, Republican Senator from Virginia - a supporter of Nixon and the Vietnam war, did not serve. (1)
Former Senate Majority Leader Trent Lott - avoided the draft, did not serve.

Secretary of Defense Don Rumsfeld - served in the U.S. Navy (1954-57) as an aviator and flight instructor. (1) Served as President Reagan's Special Envoy to the Middle East and met with Saddam Hussein twice in 1983 and 1984.
GW Bush - decided that a six-year Nat'l Guard commitment really means four years. Still says that he's "been to war." Huh?
VP Cheney - several deferments (1, 2), the last by marriage (in his own words, "had other priorities than military service") (1)
Former Att'y Gen. John Ashcroft - did not serve (1, 2); received seven deferment to teach business ed at SW Missouri State

Jeb Bush, Florida Governor - did not serve. (1)

Karl Rove - avoided the draft, did not serve (1), too busy being a Republican.
0 Replies

Drnaline

Reply Thu 2 Nov, 2006 07:03 am
@Drnaline,
So how long did you serve, or are you a coward?
tumbleweed cv

Reply Thu 2 Nov, 2006 07:34 am
@Drnaline,
I was too young for Viet Nam and too old for Iraq.:patriot:

Too bad that can't be said for some of the draft-dodgers in the White House.:spot: :spot: :spot:

Kerry voluntered for service. He didn't hide like his critics in the White House did.:439:
Drnaline

Reply Thu 2 Nov, 2006 07:56 am
@tumbleweed cv,
tumbleweed;6227 wrote:

Too bad that can't be said for some of the draft-dodgers in the White House.:spot: :spot: :spot:

Kerry voluntered for service. He didn't hide like his critics in the White House did.:439:
Quote:

What does that have to do with serving? Maybe your doing a little dodging of your own. Does that make you a "Coward?"
Quote:
Kerry voluntered for service.

Did he volunteer to stab America/and it's military in the back too?
tumbleweed cv

Reply Thu 2 Nov, 2006 08:14 am
@Drnaline,
Smokesreens.Very Happy Very Happy

Calling Kerry a coward is nothing more than a smokscreen.
Calling me a coward hurts my feelings.Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad
You can't prove that either,:banana: :banana: :banana:
oleo

Reply Thu 2 Nov, 2006 02:13 pm
@tumbleweed cv,
I was talking with some friends last night, one of whom is an ex-marine as
of 3 weeks ago... served a couple of tours in Afghanistan, in his own words
"luckily, I didn't get sent to Iraq!"

Someone asked him if he was pissed about Kerry's comments, and he said:

"look, I'm not political. War cured me of that crap. If you want to criticize
Kerry all I have to say to you is he was in Vietnam... you weren't, Bush
wasn't, Bill O'Reilly wasn't... he can say whatever he wants. I can say
whatever I want. We earned that."
0 Replies

Drnaline

Reply Fri 3 Nov, 2006 10:58 pm
@tumbleweed cv,
tumbleweed;6232 wrote:
Smokesreens.Very Happy Very Happy

Calling Kerry a coward is nothing more than a smokscreen.
Calling me a coward hurts my feelings.Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad
You can't prove that either,:banana: :banana: :banana:

Using Oleo's words:

You've called a few people cowards that i recall. Evidently you must have served to merit such an accusation. If not, justify your authority?
I think i can prove you should practice what you preach.
tumbleweed cv

Reply Sat 4 Nov, 2006 06:45 am
@Drnaline,
Drnaline

Who did I call a coward? Example please.Very Happy A link to my comment would be helpful.

I gave an example of why Kerry wasn't a coward. All I have heard so far about Kerry being a coward is " he is a coward because I said so". That isn't very convincing.:blah:

Instead of proving why Kerry is a coward, you're calling me a coward. That, my dear Watson, is a smokescreen.

Give me an example of how I should practice what I preach. I'll quote the famous words of a fellow poster on this forum. " Prove it ":banana: :banana: :439:
0 Replies

Drnaline

Reply Sat 4 Nov, 2006 09:58 am
@Drnaline,
No need for a link, just stroll up to post 31. See the first sentence, what does it say? So to me, every one named afterwards "you" are calling them cowards!
Quote:
I gave an example of why Kerry wasn't a coward. All I have heard so far about Kerry being a coward is " he is a coward because I said so". That isn't very convincing.

So what are you doing if not saying "he is a coward because I said so". To the people you mention in your post? You are not a veteran either, what gives you the right?
Quote:
Instead of proving why Kerry is a coward, you're calling me a coward. That, my dear Watson, is a smokescreen.

I'm am calling you a coward because using your thought process you deem those in politics without military service a "coward". You have no service history so to me it makes you a coward or a hipocrit, in my estimation you probably are both?
Quote:
Give me an example of how I should practice what I preach. I'll quote the famous words of a fellow poster on this forum. " Prove it "

Quote:

So using your subchapter, are the people you named in post 31 "cowards?" If they are not cowards you owe them an opology. So my next question is why imply they are cowards expecially when you qualify under your own criteria? Got cowardness?
tumbleweed cv

Reply Sat 4 Nov, 2006 10:57 am
@Drnaline,
The king of smokescreens has spoken. You haven't proven anything yet.:blah: :rollinglaugh: :lame:

Feel free to rant though.Very Happy
0 Replies