• Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 1,454 • Replies: 17
No top replies

tumbleweed cv

Reply Wed 18 Oct, 2006 12:25 pm
@Drnaline,
I feel bad for our soldiers stuck in that hell-hole with no end in sight in the middle of a civil war.:frown:
0 Replies

Drnaline

Reply Wed 18 Oct, 2006 12:28 pm
@Drnaline,
Why do you feel bad for them. They are proud of the job they are doing. Of there own free will i might add.
tumbleweed cv

Reply Wed 18 Oct, 2006 12:33 pm
@Drnaline,
I answered that question in my last post.
KryptonSlim

Reply Tue 24 Oct, 2006 09:34 pm
@tumbleweed cv,
Does the author of this letter sound "proud" of the job he's doing."? Sounds more like he's completely demoralized about facing another year in a hellish situation he never signed up for, and may very wll not survive.
NaterG

Reply Tue 24 Oct, 2006 10:15 pm
@KryptonSlim,
KryptonSlim;5915 wrote:
Does the author of this letter sound "proud" of the job he's doing."? Sounds more like he's completely demoralized about facing another year in a hellish situation he never signed up for, and may very wll not survive.

Never signed up for? When you join the military, you are signing up for whatever this country calls you upon to do. He knew that when he signed up.
Brent cv

Reply Tue 24 Oct, 2006 10:16 pm
@NaterG,
NaterG;5916 wrote:
Never signed up for? When you join the military, you are signing up for whatever this country calls you upon to do. He knew that when he signed up.

Exactly
KryptonSlim

Reply Tue 24 Oct, 2006 10:30 pm
@Brent cv,
Granted, every Marine and everyone in the military will remain true to their code, but I guarantee you more than 50 percent of those in Iraq NEVER dreamed they would possibly be in the situation they currently are, no matter how hard-core they are. And THIS author in particular seems about to crack. Dubya sold this entire country a bill of goods. This has NOTHING to do with 9/11, and everything to do with his gross negligence, gross incompetance, gross and complete dereliction of his duty as President, as well as extreme and total corruption by his big-oil cronies. He chose profit and thousands of American miltary dead over finding the true cause bahind 9/11. And before you go there, Clinton was not in office on 9/11. Dubya was. It was his responsibility and he botched it horribly. We lost thousands on 9/11 and we've lost thousands more needlessly. Iraq had nothing to do with 9/11. Simply a distraction Dubya's boys concocted to distract public attention away from the fact they could not locate one deranged camel jockey.
0 Replies

Drnaline

Reply Wed 25 Oct, 2006 06:52 am
@KryptonSlim,
KryptonSlim;5915 wrote:
Yes, he sounds very proud. Reason i know, my wife works for the Guard. I have had hundreds of conversations of this type. With there duty, most find it hard even speaking as much as this gentlemen did.
As for demorilized i would say that is what they feel about people with your attitude. I can give you email addresses for a few servicemen if you would like to ask them yourself? Of course i would ask there permission first.
I'm also pretty sure the government will not take any who has not signed up. Unless you can prove someone was forced to sign against there will you have no case for that statement.
tumbleweed cv

Reply Wed 25 Oct, 2006 07:22 am
@Drnaline,
Drnaline;5928 wrote:
Yes, he sounds very proud. Reason i know, my wife works for the Guard. I have had hundreds of conversations of this type. With there duty, most find it hard even speaking as much as this gentlemen did.
As for demorilized i would say that is what they feel about people with your attitude. I can give you email addresses for a few servicemen if you would like to ask them yourself? Of course i would ask there permission first.
I'm also pretty sure the government will not take any who has not signed up. Unless you can prove someone was forced to sign against there will you have no case for that statement.

Being deployed to Iraq doesn't give soldiers any choice in the matter. Uncle Sam doesn't ask them if they want to go. Some of them are forced to return while quite a few of them are being forced to stay in Iraq longer than they were supposed to be there via the " back door draft " .

Not having a choice sounds like they are being forced to me.

NaterG

Reply Wed 25 Oct, 2006 10:04 am
@tumbleweed cv,
tumbleweed;5929 wrote:
Being deployed to Iraq doesn't give soldiers any choice in the matter. Uncle Sam doesn't ask them if they want to go. Some of them are forced to return while quite a few of them are being forced to stay in Iraq longer than they were supposed to be there via the " back door draft " .

Its called orders. When you sign up for the military, you know you are to follow orders. You don't have a choice in the matter, hence why they are called ORDERS. Again, they knew this when they signed up.
GoodBoy

Reply Wed 25 Oct, 2006 11:22 am
@Drnaline,
My Brother is in Afghanistan. He's been in Iraq where he was in a wet tent with pneumonia for several days while bombs blew up around him. Pneumonia almost killed him 15 years ago yet he still didnt whine about it this time. He knew he might be killed and he's still willing to be a real man and face up to his duty. Any military person who whines, cries and stamps his footsies saying "I didnt know!" needs to be used for target practice because they are useless.
tumbleweed cv

Reply Wed 25 Oct, 2006 12:17 pm
@NaterG,
NaterG;5933 wrote:
Its called orders. When you sign up for the military, you know you are to follow orders. You don't have a choice in the matter, hence why they are called ORDERS. Again, they knew this when they signed up.

Do you even know what a back-door draft is ?

We are talking about troop moral, or at least that is what I'm talking about. You seem to suggest they should feel upbeat about being there because they were ordered to. Our troops are in the middle of a civil war .There must be a few of them scratching their head at the way things are turning out. I know people at home are wondering what happened to our mission.

The latest policies are benchmarks. That's what Americans get when setting back watching a civil war unfold while our troops get critized for attacking the sourse of the problem by the Iraq government.

That doesn't sound like it would be a moral booster.
0 Replies

tumbleweed cv

Reply Wed 25 Oct, 2006 12:32 pm
@GoodBoy,
GoodBoy;5934 wrote:
My Brother is in Afghanistan. He's been in Iraq where he was in a wet tent with pneumonia for several days while bombs blew up around him. Pneumonia almost killed him 15 years ago yet he still didnt whine about it this time. He knew he might be killed and he's still willing to be a real man and face up to his duty. Any military person who whines, cries and stamps his footsies saying "I didnt know!" needs to be used for target practice because they are useless.

So if any of the troops are unhappy being in Iraq or unhappy about our policies there, they are useless? That is an ignorant thing to say about about our troops.:eek:

They are doing their duty. You seem mad because nobody can make them like it.
0 Replies

GoodBoy

Reply Wed 25 Oct, 2006 03:46 pm
@Drnaline,
Nah.. they are just pansies. Girly men. Liberals.. oh.. same thing as girly men.Very Happy
tumbleweed cv

Reply Wed 25 Oct, 2006 03:57 pm
@GoodBoy,
GoodBoy;5937 wrote:
Nah.. they are just pansies. Girly men. Liberals.. oh.. same thing as girly men.Very Happy

So you believe some of our troops in Iraq are " pansies"?

Girly men. :wtf: Are you referring to female troops?
Drnaline

Reply Wed 25 Oct, 2006 10:29 pm
@tumbleweed cv,
tumbleweed;5929 wrote:

When you enlist you are required to read what you are signing. By signing you enter into agreement with certain aspect of going to War. In exchange you will be given and education at taxpayers expence in exchange for oncall duty. In other words, your at our becon call.
Ever read an enlistment contract?
0 Replies

Drnaline

Reply Wed 25 Oct, 2006 10:37 pm
@tumbleweed cv,
tumbleweed;5938 wrote:
So you believe some of our troops in Iraq are " pansies"?

Girly men. :wtf: Are you referring to female troops?
Some people are just no cut out for the job. They usually show up early in enlistment. Usually bootcamp. I wouldn't call them pansies but heah, it's a free country.
0 Replies