I think Ollie nails this one.

Drnaline

Reply Thu 20 Apr, 2006 06:13 am
@Drnaline,
He could also say he is wrong but silence is it's own justification. You would think there would be a little more conviction being you know he accually believes his own story, or where ever he heard it? DU, Move-on?
0 Replies

tikala

Reply Thu 20 Apr, 2006 06:33 am
@ndjs,
ndjs wrote:
It's just a matter of respect, of which you apparently have none.

Respect of what, Mr. History Teacher?

You still have not explain what France owe the USA for ?

Waiting...and waiting...and waiting...

BTW, I remember that France gave us the Statue de la Liberte as a present for kicking the redcoats' asses out of the Potomac river back to the Thames.

But that's what you don't have in mind, do you?

Or perhaps: "You have heard the bell ringing but you don't know where the clapper hangs" ?

A propos mon professeur de histoire, do you know something more about Worldwars 1 and 2 ? As far as I remember they were both started by Christians, no?

Good morning...have a nice day !
0 Replies

ndjs

Reply Thu 20 Apr, 2006 11:19 am
@Drnaline,
You are right about France helping the U.S. during our Revolutionary War, but since the U.S. has had to put enemies out of France twice I'd say the balance hangs in our favor.

It's bad when historians argue that the biggest accomplishment of the French Third Republic (which governed from after the Franco-Prussian War, which France surrendered in, to the beginning of WWII) was finding allies during WWI.
It took France SIX WEEKS after the German military engaged French military for France to surrender in WWII. Wow.

The people of France gave the Statue of Liberty, which is only what I can assume you mean, to the people of the United States over one hundred years ago in recognition of the friendship established during the American Revolution. Not for "kicking the redcoats' asses out of the Potomac river back to the Thames."

btw, I'm no history professor. You'd probably be surprised at what I do, but that has nothing to do with France, which also has nothing to do with this topic.
Drnaline

Reply Thu 20 Apr, 2006 09:01 pm
@Drnaline,
I think he is a "French Scientist" LOL.
0 Replies

tikala

Reply Fri 21 Apr, 2006 08:41 am
@ndjs,
ndjs wrote:
You are right about France helping the U.S. during our Revolutionary War, but since the U.S. has had to put enemies out of France twice I'd say the balance hangs in our favor.

It's bad when historians argue that the biggest accomplishment of the French Third Republic (which governed from after the Franco-Prussian War, which France surrendered in, to the beginning of WWII) was finding allies during WWI.
It took France SIX WEEKS after the German military engaged French military for France to surrender in WWII. Wow.

The people of France gave the Statue of Liberty, which is only what I can assume you mean, to the people of the United States over one hundred years ago in recognition of the friendship established during the American Revolution. Not for "kicking the redcoats' asses out of the Potomac river back to the Thames."

btw, I'm no history professor. You'd probably be surprised at what I do, but that has nothing to do with France, which also has nothing to do with this topic.

Worldwar 1 - The German "Kriegsmarine" kept torpedoing our merchant ships in neutral/open waters. If they haven't we would have stayed neutral and we never had "to put enemies out of France".

Worldwar 2 - Started in 1939 and most of Europe was under Nazi occupation when Hitler made his greatest mistake to declare war on the US just days before Pearl Harbor in December 1941. If Hitler had not declared war on the US, we would have stayed neutral and we never had "to put enemies out of France" and perhaps Hitler would have won the war, especially with Pope Pius and his Roman Catholics on his side. (Hitler was R.Catholic)

The USA really was trying to be neutral, because Roosevelt flatly rejected a boatful of Jews who fled the Nazis to land in any US port on the eastern shore. Those European Jews were seeking refuge in the USA.

About >>from the Potomac to the Thames", many Americans still believe that the Revolutionary War was won because the frenchies were helping us with providing the weapons and munition plus their navy warships were destroying the English.

>>It took SIX WEEKS after the German military engaged French military for France to surrender in WWII. Wow<<

Well, in the beginning of that war the Nazi War Machine was invincible.

Not only the French military was beaten but also the English army.
They were driven from the frech interior all the way back to the beaches of Dunkerque. More than 200,000 of them were lucky to be alive when they were shipped back, under the cover of the Royal Airforce, to England.

So formidable was the German "Krieg-Maschine" that they were also able to push the mighty Russian army from the Baltics all the way to 50miles from Moscow, in the beginning of that war.

Not only were the Germans formidable warriors, so were the Japanese.
Remember the Japs destroyed almost our whole Pacific fleet in only several hours?

>>I'm no history professor<<

Neither am I and you and I don't have to be an advertised "Christian Scientist" either to know a little history or religion or french or spanish, do we?

If you know what I mean? LOL
ndjs

Reply Fri 21 Apr, 2006 10:14 am
@Drnaline,
You are a weird kid, and I'm not looking to waste anymore time with you.

Start a topic about WWI and II if that's what you want to talk about.
tumbleweed cv

Reply Fri 21 Apr, 2006 10:14 am
@tikala,
The French refused to give us a vote of confidence at the UN. Nobody asked them to commit anything. All we wanted was 1 vote. We were going to attack Iraq, with or without France.

The French are gutless when it comes to confrontations. They have proved to be a poor a partner in a war against anyone, so it came as no surprise when they failed to help us.

Their government can't even stand up to their own people, never mind a foreign country.

I think their wine sucks too.Very Happy
tikala

Reply Fri 21 Apr, 2006 12:24 pm
@tumbleweed cv,
tumbleweed wrote:
The French refused to give us a vote of confidence at the UN. Nobody asked them to commit anything. All we wanted was 1 vote. We were going to attack Iraq, with or without France.

The French are gutless when it comes to confrontations. They have proved to be a poor a partner in a war against anyone, so it came as no surprise when they failed to help us.

Their government can't even stand up to their own people, never mind a foreign country.

I think their wine sucks too.Very Happy

The Iraqi invasion was not supported by the UN and NATO.

Not only France but also Germany, Sweden, Norway, Russia and China and our two next-door neighbors Canada and Mexico don't want to die for Dubya's adventures in Iraq. Why do you pick only France for your "blacklist"?

>>I think their wine sucks too<<

Well, you should know, you're the expert? I don't drink.
0 Replies

tikala

Reply Fri 21 Apr, 2006 12:34 pm
@tumbleweed cv,
tumbleweed Their government can't even stand up to their own people, never mind a foreign country. D[/QUOTE wrote:

Well, mon ami, that's the sign of a good government.

A good government should not go AGAINST its own people. If it does, that's what you call dictatorship or fascism. That's what I remember from middleschool's civic class.
tumbleweed cv

Reply Fri 21 Apr, 2006 12:41 pm
@tikala,
Book smart and common sense are two different things.

The way it is v. the way it should be.Very Happy
tikala

Reply Fri 21 Apr, 2006 01:30 pm
@tumbleweed cv,
tumbleweed wrote:
Book smart and common sense are two different things.

The way it is v. the way it should be.Very Happy

Well, how can you develop commom sense if you don't have any, even some education (book smart?)

>>The way it is v. the way it should be<<

It is not garanteed that the way it should be is better than the way it is.

Sometimes leaving the way as it is, is better than to change it.
tikala

Reply Fri 21 Apr, 2006 01:38 pm
@ndjs,
ndjs wrote:
You are a weird kid, and I'm not looking to waste anymore time with you.

Start a topic about WWI and II if that's what you want to talk about.

You already started "topics" of WW1 and WW2. I obliged by giving you my opinions.

Care to explain what's so weird about it?
0 Replies

Drnaline

Reply Fri 21 Apr, 2006 08:46 pm
@tikala,
tikala wrote:
Well, how can you develop commom sense if you don't have any, even some education (book smart?)

>>The way it is v. the way it should be<<

It is not garanteed that the way it should be is better than the way it is.

Quote:
Why that us very conservative of you?
tikala

Reply Sat 22 Apr, 2006 07:02 am
@Drnaline,
Drnaline wrote:
Why that us very conservative of you?

Well, if that's your opinion...!
For me I call that using common sense, conservatively or progressively.

But in politics I'm neutral.

I voted for Nixon the first time, not the second.

And I voted for Clinton the second time, not the first.

I didn't vote for Dubya both times, he's a liar. (My common sense)

Bonjour et bon weekend.
Drnaline

Reply Sat 22 Apr, 2006 08:46 am
@tikala,
tikala wrote:

I voted for Nixon the first time, not the second.

Bonjour et bon weekend.
Quote:

By the sound of it you get offended when someone calls you conservative? You can take it as a compliment is it makes you fell better.
Quote:

I would consider you far left. No where near nuetral.
Quote:

This is a good example. Clinton lied to you and the rest of the American public. Lied to Congress, got impeached over his lieing and then you call Bush the liar. If that is so what does that make clinton? The Devil? Do you have anything close to fact that bush is a worse liar, not hearsay or opinion. Fact like him lieing on national TV
tikala

Reply Sat 22 Apr, 2006 10:11 am
@Drnaline,
Drnaline wrote:
By the sound of it you get offended when someone calls you conservative? You can take it as a compliment is it makes you fell better.

I would consider you far left. No where near nuetral.

This is a good example. Clinton lied to you and the rest of the American public. Lied to Congress, got impeached over his lieing and then you call Bush the liar. If that is so what does that make clinton? The Devil? Do you have anything close to fact that bush is a worse liar, not hearsay or opinion. Fact like him lieing on national TV

>>I would consider you far left. No where near neutral<<

Your opinion, not mine.

>>Lied to you and the rest of the American public<<

That's right. But he lied to protect his marriage, nothing else.

>>Lied to Congress, got impeached...<<

Yes, Congress impeached but found him not guilty, even the Special Prosecutor found him not guilty of a criminal wrongdoing. Adultery is not a crime according to the law of our land.
Remember: "If it doesn't fit, you must acquit" ?

>>Do you have anything close to fact that Bush is a worse liar...<<

Bush lied about Iraq to get its oil, he killed more than 100,000 Iraqi civilians,
mostly women and children and he sacrificed more than 2300 young Americans (so far) for his adventures in Iraq. Clinton lied, nobody died !

Lusty Clinton, despite impeachment and more than $80million spent for nothing except to "entertain" the 'vast rightwing conspiracy' - hillary's voice - did get re-elected by a wide margin over Dole. BTW he didn't need the Supreme Court to get elected the first time, anyway.
Drnaline

Reply Sat 22 Apr, 2006 09:07 pm
@tikala,
tikala wrote:
>>I would consider you far left. No where near neutral<<

Your opinion, not mine.

>>Lied to you and the rest of the American public<<

>>Lied to Congress, got impeached...<<

Yes, Congress impeached but found him not guilty, even the Special Prosecutor found him not guilty of a criminal wrongdoing. Adultery is not a crime according to the law of our land.
Remember: "If it doesn't fit, you must acquit" ?

>>Do you have anything close to fact that Bush is a worse liar...<<

Bush lied about Iraq to get its oil, he killed more than 100,000 Iraqi civilians,
mostly women and children and he sacrificed more than 2300 young Americans (so far) for his adventures in Iraq. Clinton lied, nobody died !

Lusty Clinton, despite impeachment and more than $80million spent for nothing except to "entertain" the 'vast rightwing conspiracy' - hillary's voice - did get re-elected by a wide margin over Dole. BTW he didn't need the Supreme Court to get elected the first time, anyway.
Quote:
Your opinion, not mine.
IMO Mine is the only one that matters

Quote:
He and his old lady talk about what he was gonna say on camera way before he sat down. Too bad they both aggreed to lie.
Quote:

If he was not guilty how did they impeach him? Adultery is now a crime by law but it is a breach of commitment. And of oath if and when you take a vow.
Quote:
Where is the oil that bush gets? I have never seen any one supposedly bush killes much less a 100,000. The 2300 young Americans were there by there own free will. And did there duty and paid the ulitmate price. Clinton lied and his whole family died.
Quote:

Lusty Liar adulterated wanna be of a husband has a lot to learn about politics and how to get his wife in the white house so he can be the first male first lady?
0 Replies

jatuab

Reply Mon 1 May, 2006 10:52 pm
@tikala,
tikala wrote:
did get re-elected by a wide margin over Dole.

HOLY CRAP HE BEAT DOLE

I could win an election against Dole, and it would be another 15 years before I could even assume office...
0 Replies