For those that think Bush lied

Reply Mon 7 Nov, 2005 09:43 pm
http://www.newsmax.com/archives/ic/2005/11/2/220331.shtml

Saddam's 500-ton Uranium Stockpile

Thanks to Leakgate Special Counsel Patrick Fitzgerald's decision to indict "Scooter" Libby last week, Bush administration accuser Joe Wilson is once again the toast of Washington, D.C. - recycling the fifteen minutes of fame he first purchased in July 2003 with the claim that Bush lied about Iraq's plan to acquire uranium from Niger.

Why was Bush's uranium claim so important? Because if true, the mere attempt by the Iraqi dictator to acquire uranium would show that he had clear and incontrovertible plans to restart his nuclear program.

Maybe that's why the press seldom discusses the fact that Saddam already had a staggeringly large stockpile of uranium - 500 tons, to be exact.

And if his mere intention to acquire uranium was enough to justify fears of Saddam's nuclear ambition, what would the average person deduce from that fact that he'd already stockpiled a huge quantity of the bombmaking fuel?

In its May 22, 2004 edition, the New York Times confirmed a myriad of reports on Saddam's nuclear fuel stockpile - and revealed a chilling detail unknown to weapons inspectors before the war: that Saddam had begun to partially enrich his uranium stash.
The Times noted:

"The repository, at Tuwaitha, a centerpiece of Saddam Hussein's nuclear weapons program, . . . . holds more than 500 tons of uranium . . . . Some 1.8 tons is classified as low-enriched uranium."

Click for the rest.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 3,161 • Replies: 51
No top replies

Drnaline

Reply Mon 7 Nov, 2005 09:44 pm
@Drnaline,
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/middle_east/3872201.stm

The US has revealed that it removed more than 1.7 metric tons of radioactive material from Iraq in a secret operation last month.
"This operation was a major achievement," said US Energy Secretary Spencer Abraham in a statement.

He said it would keep "potentially dangerous nuclear materials out of the hands of terrorists".

Along with 1.77 tons of enriched uranium, about 1,000 "highly radioactive sources" were also removed.

The material was taken from a former nuclear research facility on 23 June, after being packaged by 20 experts from the US Energy Department's secret laboratories.

It was flown out of the country aboard a military plane in a joint operation with the Department of Defense, and is being stored temporarily at a Department of Energy facility.

The United Nations nuclear watchdog - the International Atomic Energy Agency - and Iraqi officials were informed ahead of the operation, which happened ahead of the 28 June handover of sovereignty.

Click for the rest.
0 Replies

ndjs

Reply Mon 7 Nov, 2005 09:54 pm
@Drnaline,
Is it bad that I want to call people and yell "TOLD YOU SO!!!" ?
0 Replies

Drnaline

Reply Mon 7 Nov, 2005 10:17 pm
@Drnaline,
No it is not, in fact give me some numbers and i'll help, LOL.
0 Replies

Brent cv

Reply Mon 7 Nov, 2005 11:27 pm
@Drnaline,
You will never please the left when they are out for blood.

Forget about it
0 Replies

Drnaline

Reply Mon 7 Nov, 2005 11:31 pm
@Drnaline,
We need not please them for they pleasure them selves, LOL.
0 Replies

oaktonarcher

Reply Wed 9 Nov, 2005 03:13 am
@Drnaline,
But do you honestly think he could have done anything with this?

The man had little to no power when he was taken out of, its not like he was going to be able to make ICBMs but whatever, its good that he is out of power.

As well as it is good that we found this, so we dont look like such dicks to the world.

Now we just have to figure out a way to get our men home.
0 Replies

Drnaline

Reply Wed 9 Nov, 2005 08:29 am
@Drnaline,
He could of done many things with it. He had 17 warheads. Even if he didn't make a bomb persay he could of just put the powder in it and detonated the warhead high and let it rain down over a wider area. He could of detonated the warheads on the ground. Terrorist groups could of found every thing, and removed them before we found them. To many thing i don't want to think about.
0 Replies

lowflyn

Reply Thu 10 Nov, 2005 12:10 pm
@Drnaline,
I'll tell you what several people have told me after coming back from overseas. They find WMD's everyday. They just aren't in huge stockpiles. They find all sorts of biological weapons and such all the time. The media is just against bush and are doing all they can to show him as the bad guy. I say we stop complaining, finish our initiatives, and get our men and women out of there.
Drnaline

Reply Mon 14 Nov, 2005 11:08 am
@Drnaline,
http://www.jewishworldreview.com/jonathan/gurwitz111405.php3
All of these quotes were on or before Jan. 22, 2003.
0 Replies

Tumusiime Percy David

Reply Sat 7 Jan, 2006 09:58 am
@Drnaline,
Before the Iraq war began, I was overwhelmingly convinced the world was doing the right thing. Day by day, the truth of the pack of lies that were bought by the entire world other than the French are coming and am one of those feeling very embarassed to say the least.

Why has America lost 2500+ combatants for no good reason at all? Why is America still shedding blood in Iraq and the situation not getting better? Personally I feel the sons and daughters of the US should be pulled out and Bush should testify why he took the world to war.

The reason being advanced now is that the war was to save Iraqi's but more Iraqi's have died now and are still dying since the invasion than the number that was killed in Saddams entire reign of 30years.

Percy
Drnaline

Reply Sat 7 Jan, 2006 11:53 am
@Drnaline,
Percy, you need only post once. Jumping around posting the same post in other forums i dought will help your cause.
0 Replies

Tumusiime Percy David

Reply Sat 1 Sep, 2007 04:55 pm
@Drnaline,
The Bush foreign policy will have have to haunt him for years to come. I can't imagine how chaotic Iraq has become. Certainly I would rather have had a Saddam Iraq than the current Iraq of lawlessness.

Support International
aaronssongs

Reply Sat 1 Sep, 2007 05:26 pm
@Tumusiime Percy David,
Tumusiime Percy David;1374 wrote:
Before the Iraq war began, I was overwhelmingly convinced the world was doing the right thing. Day by day, the truth of the pack of lies that were bought by the entire world other than the French are coming and am one of those feeling very embarassed to say the least.

Why has America lost 2500+ combatants for no good reason at all? Why is America still shedding blood in Iraq and the situation not getting better? Personally I feel the sons and daughters of the US should be pulled out and Bush should testify why he took the world to war.

The reason being advanced now is that the war was to save Iraqi's but more Iraqi's have died now and are still dying since the invasion than the number that was killed in Saddams entire reign of 30years.

Percy

Please....it's like the people at Pompeii, or Herculaneum, when the volcano was erupting and ash was falling onto their heads, 79 A.D.....some thought, maybe if we just persevere, and wish for things to get better, they will.
The same goes for the Repubs...until Iran joins the fray, Syria, Saudi Arabia, the UAE, Pakistan, India, Russia and Turkey...only then, will the hawks admit, the only answer is to nuke the entire region...oh wait, Israel is right next door...maybe we'll do it on a day when the winds are blowing East. Geez.
No better than a report on CNN, of an Iraqi cabinet member conducting a conference, with a television displaying Western cartoons....he stopped the meeting, because the action on tv was more important....a cartoon!!!!!!!!! This is the government we installed that is supposed to be the hope of the Iraqi people. Mmmph, mmmph, mmmph.
0 Replies

wvpeach

Reply Sat 1 Sep, 2007 10:32 pm
@Drnaline,
I don't think he lied.

I know George Bush lied!

No doubt about it!:dunno:
Pinochet73

Reply Sun 2 Sep, 2007 01:29 pm
@wvpeach,
wvpeach;34194 wrote:
I don't think he lied.

I know George Bush lied!

No doubt about it!:dunno:

Not only did he lie, he also caused Katrina, the mine cave-in, bridge-collapse, and the flooding we experienced here this summer. He was also seen committing unnatural acts with Dick behind our local stag-flick joint.
0 Replies

Pinochet73

Reply Sun 2 Sep, 2007 01:30 pm
@Tumusiime Percy David,
Tumusiime Percy David;34150 wrote:
The Bush foreign policy will have have to haunt him for years to come. I can't imagine how chaotic Iraq has become. Certainly I would rather have had a Saddam Iraq than the current Iraq of lawlessness.

Support International

He'll get over it. I feel so relieved to finally know which Iraq you prefer. Why did you wait so long to set us free?
0 Replies

Pinochet73

Reply Sun 2 Sep, 2007 01:33 pm
@Tumusiime Percy David,
Tumusiime Percy David;1374 wrote:

Percy

You were 'overwhelmingly convinced the world was doing the right thing'? Wha......?:wtf: Man, get a life, and some new books. GET OUTSIDE THE HOUSE, ONCE IN A WHILE.
0 Replies

Pinochet73

Reply Sun 2 Sep, 2007 01:36 pm
@lowflyn,
lowflyn;1172 wrote:
I'll tell you what several people have told me after coming back from overseas. They find WMD's everyday. They just aren't in huge stockpiles. They find all sorts of biological weapons and such all the time. The media is just against bush and are doing all they can to show him as the bad guy. I say we stop complaining, finish our initiatives, and get our men and women out of there.

Yeah, but it's gonna come back to haunt them. Most of the media's owners and/or producers are Jewish, and won't go along with anything that directly imperils Israel. It's a ratings game. In the final analysis, the media actually wants the war to continue.
0 Replies

Red cv

Reply Sun 2 Sep, 2007 05:44 pm
@Drnaline,
Well they found some some toxic stew at the UN over the week-end, considering their track record of corruption (oil for medicine) perhaps they took out the chemical weapons one vile at a time?

I don't care if he lied, just get the job done. If the US leaves let the left watch Muslims kill Muslims and on week-ends they will commit genocide against the Kurds. Is that what the oh so tolerant left want? Honestly I wish the left would consider the consequences of their actions instead we pay for them (to fight the fight again). I don't believe in looking back, move forward and crush the bugs. If the US leaves the Muslim world will rejoice in what they consider Cowardness, and frankly that's what it is. The left's cowardness in times of war, they'd rather attend conferences with terrorist than fight evil.