Is Iran honoring some of her promises?

Reply Tue 6 Nov, 2007 08:23 am
Quote:
Gates says Iran fulfills pledge
A military spokesman said Iran appears to have kept its promise to stop the flow into Iraq of bomb-making materials and other weaponry that Washington says has inflamed insurgent violence and caused many American troop casualties.

U.S. Defense Secretary Robert Gates said last week that Iran had made such assurances to the Iraqi government.

"It's our best judgment that these particular EFPs ... in recent large cache finds do not appear to have arrived here in Iraq after those pledges were made," Smith said.

Among the weapons Washington has accused Iran of supplying to Iraqi insurgents are EFPs, or explosively formed projectiles. They fire a slug of molten metal capable of penetrating even the most heavily armored military vehicles, and thus are more deadly than other roadside bombs.

Source MSNBC again

I hope Iran is co-operating, but I seriously doubt it.

What do you think?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 2,190 • Replies: 50
No top replies

Freeman15

Reply Tue 6 Nov, 2007 11:24 am
@Curmudgeon,
Well, all things being equal, it looks like the drop in the import of EFP's is the direct result of Iranian efforts.
0 Replies

Curmudgeon

Reply Tue 6 Nov, 2007 06:58 pm
@Curmudgeon,
Yes, it is. Do we dare hope that Iran will continue to play nice? Or will they want relief on the nuclear situation as compensation for playing nice?
Fatal Freedoms

Reply Tue 6 Nov, 2007 07:06 pm
@Curmudgeon,
Do you honestly think that all other arab nations honor all the UN rules? Bush is persecuting Iran because Iran violated a business contract with the USA and that is the ONLY reason bush considers invading Iran, do you have any idea how many countries are violating human rights at this very moment? Iran is no saint but in all honesty the Bush administration completely ignore places like Darfur and Burma and Columbia and North Korea where the human life is completely disregarded, and yet he focuses on Iran......are you gonna believe the same WMD bullshit that got us into Iraq? Seiously, you need to think about this for a minute.....
Curmudgeon

Reply Tue 6 Nov, 2007 07:22 pm
@Curmudgeon,
Oh well, I guess I must think about it some more... There, I thought about it!

I have been concerned about all you mention for years, and still see the reasons ( not the anti-establishment suppositions ) for our efforts in the Middle East. Please tell me what others, such as some of the Democrats trying to get into the White House, would do in the same situations? Keep in mind that they have been in Congress all this time and have not changed US policy yet.

By the way- the US doesn't honor all the UN rules either.
Fatal Freedoms

Reply Tue 6 Nov, 2007 07:31 pm
@Curmudgeon,
Curmudgeon;44471 wrote:
Oh well, I guess I must think about it some more... There, I thought about it!

I have been concerned about all you mention for years, and still see the reasons ( not the anti-establishment suppositions ) for our efforts in the Middle East. Please tell me what others, such as some of the Democrats trying to get into the White House, would do in the same situations? Keep in mind that they have been in Congress all this time and have not changed US policy yet.

By the way- the US doesn't honor all the UN rules either.

Obama voted against going into Iraq, i think hillary voted for it but i couldn't be sure....
0 Replies

Curmudgeon

Reply Tue 6 Nov, 2007 07:50 pm
@Curmudgeon,
She did, and now she wants us out, as do most of us. The difference is in the method of getting out.
Their positions are their right, and they are in power to attempt to make it happen. They have also been in Congress long enough to know how to influence people to vote their way, but have not succeeded yet.
Fatal Freedoms

Reply Tue 6 Nov, 2007 07:56 pm
@Curmudgeon,
i tend to lean more towards liberal views but i really don't like democrats or republicans....i'd rather abolish all political parties

partisanism is like a parasite on our legislative system, best to get rid of it!
0 Replies

Curmudgeon

Reply Tue 6 Nov, 2007 07:58 pm
@Curmudgeon,
Ah, if only we could! Unfortunately the two party system is so entrenched that third or fourth parties never get a chance.
Pinochet73

Reply Tue 6 Nov, 2007 08:09 pm
@Curmudgeon,
Curmudgeon;44463 wrote:
Yes, it is. Do we dare hope that Iran will continue to play nice? Or will they want relief on the nuclear situation as compensation for playing nice?

Absolutely not. Iran hates us and most of the rest of the world. It's a Middle Eastern version of Nazi Germany. We're reliving the late 1930s in Europe, when no one wanted to face the inconvenient truth that Madman Hitler was working over-time preparing for war and genocide.:no:
0 Replies

Pinochet73

Reply Tue 6 Nov, 2007 08:10 pm
@Curmudgeon,
Curmudgeon;44483 wrote:
Ah, if only we could! Unfortunately the two party system is so entrenched that third or fourth parties never get a chance.

Thank God. Coalition governments fail miserably.:thumbdown:
0 Replies

Curmudgeon

Reply Tue 6 Nov, 2007 09:34 pm
@Curmudgeon,
Quote:
Coalition governments fail miserably

So very true! I would never want us to go the route of having coalition governments as in some countries, where if the coalition falls apart, more elections have to be held.
RedOct

Reply Wed 7 Nov, 2007 03:24 pm
@Curmudgeon,
I think some secret deal has been struck between the US, Russia, China and Iran. It seems there will not be an Iran war after all. US cannot afford an Iran war, and Iran cannot afford to keep the insurgency going. At the end, everything comes down to simple economics.
Fatal Freedoms

Reply Wed 7 Nov, 2007 05:55 pm
@RedOct,
RedOct;44610 wrote:
I think some secret deal has been struck between the US, Russia, China and Iran. It seems there will not be an Iran war after all. US cannot afford an Iran war, and Iran cannot afford to keep the insurgency going. At the end, everything comes down to simple economics.

:thumbup:

this is true, just look at the fall of the U.S.S.R!
0 Replies

Pinochet73

Reply Wed 7 Nov, 2007 06:48 pm
@Fatal Freedoms,
Fatal_Freedoms;44466 wrote:
Do you honestly think that all other arab nations honor all the UN rules? Bush is persecuting Iran because Iran violated a business contract with the USA and that is the ONLY reason bush considers invading Iran, do you have any idea how many countries are violating human rights at this very moment? Iran is no saint but in all honesty the Bush administration completely ignore places like Darfur and Burma and Columbia and North Korea where the human life is completely disregarded, and yet he focuses on Iran......are you gonna believe the same WMD bull**** that got us into Iraq? Seiously, you need to think about this for a minute.....

So, you're defending Iran? I sense you are a Muslim, but not a very honest one. Why not come clean with us here? What are you, really?:bs2:
Pinochet73

Reply Wed 7 Nov, 2007 06:50 pm
@RedOct,
RedOct;44610 wrote:

Few things of importance ever come down to one simple thing.:no:
0 Replies

Fatal Freedoms

Reply Wed 7 Nov, 2007 06:54 pm
@Pinochet73,
Pinochet73;44647 wrote:
So, you're defending Iran? I sense you are a Muslim, but not a very honest one. Why not come clean with us here? What are you, really?:bs2:

Does one have to be musilm to not want to invade Iran? I don't want to invade Iran for many reasons, considering the past i find it difficault to trust the Bush adminstration when they lied about Iraq having WMDs and about Iraq having terrorist connections which also was a lie.....i don't want to repeat past mistakes!

and just for arguments sake i am an Atheist, not a muslim....
Pinochet73

Reply Wed 7 Nov, 2007 06:58 pm
@Fatal Freedoms,
Fatal_Freedoms;44651 wrote:
Does one have to be musilm to not want to invade Iran? I don't want to invade Iran for many reasons, considering the past i find it difficault to trust the Bush adminstration when they lied about Iraq having WMDs and about Iraq having terrorist connections which also was a lie.....i don't want to repeat past mistakes!

and just for arguments sake i am an Atheist, not a muslim....

You talk like a foreigner. Where are you from?
Fatal Freedoms

Reply Wed 7 Nov, 2007 07:02 pm
@Pinochet73,
Pinochet73;44654 wrote:
You talk like a foreigner. Where are you from?

Why don't you read? It says right under my name where i am from!

I am from Michigan! more specificly i live near the state capitol, Lansing... :patriot:
Fatal Freedoms

Reply Wed 7 Nov, 2007 07:10 pm
@Fatal Freedoms,
I talk "funny" because I am educated in proper speech!