Hamas Victory Turmoil

Brent cv

Reply Wed 8 Feb, 2006 11:33 pm
@Drnaline,
Drnaline wrote:
They do give a ****, just not at the expence of something else. IMO.

Expense of what else? Money? Research?

Seems like a small price to pay for protecting people we send to war.
0 Replies

Drnaline

Reply Thu 9 Feb, 2006 07:06 am
@Curmudgeon,
Espence of social programs, they have got a lot of people hooked on it. You heard all the dems cry bloody murder when the repugs wanted to cut spending by a meer fifty billion. Said we were going to starve poor people! You know how we repugs hate the poor?
tumbleweed cv

Reply Thu 9 Feb, 2006 11:26 am
@Drnaline,
Drnaline wrote:
Espence of social programs, they have got a lot of people hooked on it. You heard all the dems cry bloody murder when the repugs wanted to cut spending by a meer fifty billion. Said we were going to starve poor people! You know how we repugs hate the poor?

What programs did the Republicans want to cut?
0 Replies

Drnaline

Reply Thu 9 Feb, 2006 05:52 pm
@Curmudgeon,
Not cut, reduce.
Brent cv

Reply Thu 9 Feb, 2006 05:54 pm
@Drnaline,
Drnaline wrote:
Not cut, reduce.

Which programs did they want to reduce spending on then?
0 Replies

Drnaline

Reply Thu 9 Feb, 2006 07:23 pm
@Curmudgeon,
Here is an old story i found.

GOP-Cuts Several Programs in Budget
Associated Press ^ | ANDREW TAYLOR

WASHINGTON - House Republicans voted to cut student loan subsidies, child support enforcement and aid to firms hurt by unfair trade practices as various committees scrambled to piece together $50 billion in budget cuts.

More politically difficult votes — to cut Medicaid, food stamps and farm subsidies — are on tap Thursday as more panels weigh in on the bill. It was originally intended to cut $35 billion in spending over five years, but after pressure from conservatives, GOP leaders directed committees to cut another $15 billion to help pay the cost of hurricane recovery.

President Bush met with House and Senate GOP leaders and said he was pleased with the progress. He also appeared to endorse a plan by House Speaker Dennis Hastert's plan for an across-the-board cut in agency budgets, perhaps including the Pentagon, by the end of the year.

"I encourage Congress to push the envelope when it comes to cutting spending," Bush said.

read more http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20051026/ap_on_go_co/congress_budget_cuts here

edit- I checked the link, it don't work.
0 Replies

tyke1290 cv

Reply Fri 31 Mar, 2006 07:14 am
@Curmudgeon,
Certainly I would leave Israel to its own defence. Why not. They are fully armed to the teeth with the billions of dollars in money they get from America every year.

Why don't you all quit 'supporting monetarily' these countries that are so advanced and (a) put more money into those deserving programs at home - after all, the poor need housing, the hungry do need to be fed, the naked do need to be fed. Build up health care so that every American is covered FREELY - after all, if a little country like Canada can provide at the lowest level free hospital care, free medical services for the poor, the same for the elderly, medicine for the elderly.....a country the size of America could do ten time more than Canada. Yeah, make your own country more than something to be proud of....not just the flag and all those weapons of mass destruction. Who really cares if you're a world POWER with massive strike back capabilities.
tumbleweed cv

Reply Fri 31 Mar, 2006 07:27 am
@tyke1290 cv,
tyke1290

Canada is hardly a model for "free hospital care, free medical services for the poor, the same for the elderly, medicine for the elderly....."

You have as many problems as we do. Your free services only cover the basic needs. Anything serious, and the Canadians , espically in the border towns, end up coming to the US for emergency care not available in Canada or they have to wait too long to recieve medical attention.
0 Replies

ndjs

Reply Fri 31 Mar, 2006 11:02 am
@tyke1290 cv,
You certainly sound like you dislike us for some reason.

tyke1290 wrote:
Build up health care so that every American is covered FREELY - after all, if a little country like Canada can provide at the lowest level free hospital care, free medical services for the poor, the same for the elderly, medicine for the elderly...

Sure, then we'd be like France, where you go to the emergency room for everything. That sounds efficient. :no:

tyke1290 wrote:
..a country the size of America could do ten time more than Canada.

Your "little country" of Canada is actually larger than the United States. :uhh: Let's see if these figures make sense. Canada = 9,984,670 sq km. The U.S. = 9,631,418 sq km. :dunno: Looks to me like Canada is bigger. Laughing By the same reasoning, Russia should be able to do what, 100x more than Canada? Russia is HUGE, it's almost twice the size of the U.S.! Russia = 17,075,200 sq km !! They really need to get off their butts then, so they can be better than Canada.

tyke1290 wrote:
Yeah, make your own country more than something to be proud of....not just the flag and all those weapons of mass destruction.

I'm proud of my country for many reasons. From where we came, how we got here, the fact that we are a "world POWER with massive strike back capabilities" among many other things. America is great. If it wasn't, then we wouldn't have problems with everybody wanting to come here. We wouldn't be so hated if America wasn't so great. I'm proud of the flag, but I don't know what you mean by that sentence.. :dunno:

tyke1290 wrote:
Who really cares if you're a world POWER with massive strike back capabilities.

I'll tell you who cares. Saddam Hussein, Iraq, Afghanistan, Iran better care, etc. :headbang:
ohiosweetheart

Reply Fri 31 Mar, 2006 01:30 pm
@Curmudgeon,
amen!
0 Replies

Drnaline

Reply Fri 31 Mar, 2006 06:40 pm
@tyke1290 cv,
tyke1290 wrote:
Certainly I would leave Israel to its own defence. Why not. They are fully armed to the teeth with the billions of dollars in money they get from America every year.

Why don't you all quit 'supporting monetarily' these countries that are so advanced and (a) put more money into those deserving programs at home - after all, the poor need housing, the hungry do need to be fed, the naked do need to be fed. Build up health care so that every American is covered FREELY - after all, if a little country like Canada can provide at the lowest level free hospital care, free medical services for the poor, the same for the elderly, medicine for the elderly.....a country the size of America could do ten time more than Canada. Yeah, make your own country more than something to be proud of....not just the flag and all those weapons of mass destruction. Who really cares if you're a world POWER with massive strike back capabilities.
Quote:

If Isreal can then i suppose we can leave Iran to it's own too. They got china and the other commie nation behind them. Even Cuba and Hugo will side with them so it's not like they are alone in there fight against the evil capitolists. I think that makes you evil too.
Quote:
Why don't you all quit 'supporting monetarily' these countries that are so advanced and (a) put more money into those deserving programs at home - after all, the poor need housing, the hungry do need to be fed, the naked do need to be fed.

Why don't you do the same. How much of your tax dollars go to the war effort? By the way, how much do you support the poor besides your taxes? Take in any homeless lately?
Quote:
Build up health care so that every American is covered FREELY - after all, if a little country like Canada can provide at the lowest level free hospital care, free medical services for the poor, the same for the elderly, medicine for the elderly.....a country the size of America could do ten time more than Canada.

The only reason Canada could do it is because you are our neighbor. You've never had to worry about being attacked, EVER. You sound like your from the french part of canada? How long does it take a poor person to see a doctor, and how long does it take you? Or do you hire one on the side if you have or need to see one quick? We could do it twenty times over if we so deemed. The ruling party don't. As the majority ruling party doen't as well, just the libby fundies do so they may draw a paycheck they think they earned. But it is usally of the blood, sweat and tears off someone elses back.
Quote:
Yeah, make your own country more than something to be proud of....not just the flag and all those weapons of mass destruction. Who really cares if you're a world POWER with massive strike back capabilities.
You do not seem to mind riding on our coat tails. Has kept you safe so you can sleep at night. Don't forget those weapons protect you as well. If we didn't have those weapons i don't think you would feel so safe. You might even have to defend yourself. Oh god?!
0 Replies

Drnaline

Reply Fri 31 Mar, 2006 06:45 pm
@ndjs,
ndjs wrote:

I'll tell you who cares. Saddam Hussein, Iraq, Afghanistan, Iran better care, etc. :headbang:

You got that right. We are one of the very few country's who are willing to fight for what we believe in. Even if it is for someone else.
0 Replies

Curmudgeon

Reply Mon 3 Apr, 2006 08:30 pm
@Curmudgeon,
Canada should be happy that we support other countries "monetarily" , since others can't , or won't . Canada may not be supported that way by us , but Canada sure does depend on us for defense ! Could Canada protect its borders , etc. if we were not a friendly neighbor?

By the way , if Hillary gets in to the White House , I guarantee she will endeavor to bring us down with a national healthcare program ! If people think healthcare is expensive now , they will find it even moreso then . Just that the $$ will come out of our pockets by way of Taxes , Taxes , and more Taxes !
ndjs

Reply Mon 3 Apr, 2006 08:44 pm
@Curmudgeon,
Curmudgeon wrote:
Canada may not be supported that way by us , but Canada sure does depend on us for defense ! Could Canada protect its borders , etc. if we were not a friendly neighbor?

Could they? Yeah probably. But they would have a hard time finding the money for free healthcare.
0 Replies

Drnaline

Reply Mon 3 Apr, 2006 09:29 pm
@Curmudgeon,
"Free" is relative to some but not to others. Some one is paying for it. The question is whom? They don't get that idea of having to find money so they can give something for FREE?
0 Replies

LukeN

Reply Thu 11 May, 2006 08:22 pm
@Curmudgeon,
Here is a video on Hamas. hope u like it. I found it interesting.

CastUP: hamasfinal-4</title>
<MOREINFO HREF = "" />
<param name="encoding" value="utf-8" />

<entry>
<PARAM NAME="EntryType" VALUE="Content" />
<PARAM NAME="ShowWhileBuffering" VALUE="true"/>
<PARAM NAME="CastUP_AssociatedURL" VALUE="" />
<PARAM NAME="CastUP_Content_ClipMediaID" VALUE="114670" />
<author>ilanstul</author>
<title>CastUP: hamasfinal-4

<><
0 Replies