ndjs

Reply Tue 27 Sep, 2005 02:56 pm
@JEB007,
I know our judicial system is all sorts of fucked up, but I dunno what it has to do with letting prison inmates out and keeping illegal immigrants illegal. I think we should deport illegals, not imprison them.

The story about the Kenyan who won a lotto ticket doesn't even apply. It was a very strange occurrence, it's not as though every immigrant is handed $1.8 million.

I personally know several illegals and do not know one who is better off than I, and I am middle middle class. (omg yes i said middle 2x on purpose)

Drnaline, you have twice as many grammatical errors as JEB007, so before bashing folks why don't you check out what you're typing? Make your points before you try to point out stupid errors like grammar, especially if you have a problem with it yourself.
0 Replies

Drnaline

Reply Tue 27 Sep, 2005 05:54 pm
@JEB007,
I corrected him only after he corrected me. I didn't play spellchecker police first. So now I'm bashing huh? A little protective of Jeb?
0 Replies

JEB007

Reply Tue 27 Sep, 2005 06:32 pm
@JEB007,
lol, we are never going to change each other's minds. We just have to try to state our opinions w/o getting personal. Alll good over here....But you are wrong:D
0 Replies

Drnaline

Reply Tue 27 Sep, 2005 07:04 pm
@JEB007,
If i was wrong they wouldn't still call them illegal aliens. Opinion is most likely all i'll ever have, i do try not to get personal but you'll never know if you don't ask.
0 Replies

ndjs

Reply Wed 28 Sep, 2005 02:54 pm
@JEB007,
OK, I admit it Drnaline. JEB and I have a secret gay relationship and I'm protecting my gay lover.

Just kiddin. I've never even met JEB, I'm not gay, and he has a wife and kids. So, ya know, draw your own conclusions. Just don't make posts simply to call other members out for spelling or grammar errors. Smile

Now let's all sing a song.
Drnaline

Reply Wed 28 Sep, 2005 03:28 pm
@ndjs,
ndjs wrote:
OK, I admit it Drnaline. JEB and I have a secret gay relationship and I'm protecting my gay lover.

Just kiddin. I've never even met JEB, I'm not gay, and he has a wife and kids. So, ya know, draw your own conclusions. Just don't make posts simply to call other members out for spelling or grammar errors. Smile

Now let's all sing a song.
Are you negating the fact that he corrected me first for i see no warning to him, not that you could. Turn about is fair play in the rules of debate. Usually leads to hipocracy. And i do fancy myself a singer, in the shower anyway.
0 Replies

ndjs

Reply Wed 28 Sep, 2005 03:44 pm
@JEB007,
I'm not a moderator, so it doesn't really matter who I warn. Smile I'm just a user who doesn't care to see attacks on people, regardless of who made them first or what kind of attack it is.
0 Replies

Drnaline

Reply Wed 28 Sep, 2005 03:56 pm
@JEB007,
I'm from the eye for an eye crowd. I don't correct spelling as i feel it's an informal conversation. I heard some where that it's against proper internet etiquette To correct them. Same reason you don't correct some one pronouncing a word wrong in polite convo in person. It's rude. As long as they do so will I.
lowflyn

Reply Wed 28 Sep, 2005 09:19 pm
@Drnaline,
Drnaline wrote:
I'm from the eye for an eye crowd. I don't correct spelling as i feel it's an informal conversation. I heard some where that it's against proper internet etiquette To correct them. Same reason you don't correct some one pronouncing a word wrong in polite convo in person. It's rude. As long as they do so will I.

Haha..I stop people all the time to correct how they say something...or to at least make fun of them. But yeh...correct spelling just makes the whole reading part easier on me. If something is misspelled, out of place, or not gramatically correct, it bugs me. When something bugs me, I focus on it, not on the actual matter of the post.
0 Replies

JEB007

Reply Thu 29 Sep, 2005 07:01 am
@JEB007,
umm...yeah...so how 'bout them illegal immigrants :rolleyes: Smile
0 Replies

Neeto

Reply Thu 29 Sep, 2005 10:58 am
@JEB007,
I have a friend who came to the states with his girlfriend who is a citizen. He was permitted to stay for a time, and they had every intention to get married. He had legal working papers (and still had to work the same jobs right along side "mexicans" who aren't here legally) and they got hitched.

He tries so hard to learn the English language better than he knows it. (one time he left a note that read "The grass machine does not work, so I could not do the grass" lol) He still has yet to become a real citizen as of yet, because the process takes forever. For a while he actually became an illegal immigrant again, as his temporary status lapsed while he was waiting for the process to continue.

Now I'll touch on something else.
This country is MADE of immigrants...many, many, many of them were illegal. I don't know what the answer is, and I am not acting like I got it all figured out. But I worked for a man in NY who came here illegally. When he finally made it into our country, they helped him and the others out with a mayo sandwich and a shove under the radar. lol

He worked his butt off and somehow became a legal citizen. He moved here from El Salvador, where there are US tanks terrorizing the people there (not manned by US troops, 'just' sold to them). As a newly wed young man, he figured if he was going to raise a family safely, he had better go to America, where they have enough tanks to give to other countries. lol

This boss of mine didn't really like the US. In fact, he is constantly ripping off the government...don't you know? They don't do anything for him, so why should he pay them?
But my friend who CAN'T seem to become a citizen DOES love the country, and came here because he actually wants to be here. It would be easier for him to go back home with his wife (who speaks many dialects of spanish fluently) and raise a family there.

And I better not hear anyone moan about the "mexicans" taking all the jobs. Last time I checked, all the GOOD jobs are not over run with foreigners. They work damn hard! Yeah, they do it for their own benefit, but what sort of crazy person are you if you work hard for someone else's benefit??
0 Replies

Brent cv

Reply Thu 29 Sep, 2005 11:06 am
@JEB007,
The immigration process needs to be reformed greatly. I don't have a problem with Amnesty as long as each person gets looked at but we HAVE TO DO SOMETHING about the millions just walking into this country illegally.
Neeto

Reply Thu 29 Sep, 2005 11:07 am
@Brent cv,
Brent wrote:
The immigration process needs to be reformed greatly. I don't have a problem with Amnesty as long as each person gets looked at but we HAVE TO DO SOMETHING about the millions just walking into this country illegally.

I agree whole-heartedly.
JEB007

Reply Thu 29 Sep, 2005 11:35 am
@Neeto,
Neeto wrote:
I agree whole-heartedly.

Me2

Neeto wrote:
"The grass machine does not work, so I could not do the grass"

That phrase makes perfect sense to me Very Happy
0 Replies

Rob cv

Reply Thu 29 Sep, 2005 01:54 pm
@JEB007,
I have been through the immigration process in a cut and dry situation (I married a canadian) and it was a pain in the ass. However, it is the way you are expected to get into this country, therefore no one should be let off the hook.

Now, in regards to the amnesty, I definitely don't think they it should be given. What should be done is this, deport everyone here illegally. Once you do that, many, many, many jobs will open up. These are jobs that us "americans" don't want. Now, with the large number of jobs opening, use that as a catalyst to fix welfare programs. Affix time limits on benefits. Then those that feel they can live off the system for life will be forced to get a job. Put them in those jobs that have just been vacated. Two birds so to speak.

However, in order for this idea to work, you need to stop the flood at the borders. A much tougher stance needs to be taken and our borders closed to illegals.
0 Replies

Rob cv

Reply Thu 29 Sep, 2005 03:18 pm
@JEB007,
Here is another reason illegals need to get out of here...

http://www.forconstructionpros.com/online/Construction-News/Illegal-Immigrant-Seeks-Compensation-for-Work-Injury/4FCP1163

Quote:

GILLETTE, Wyo. (AP) -- The state Supreme Court has agreed to consider whether illegal aliens can sue the companies that hire them for compensation for an on-the-job injury.
Drnaline

Reply Fri 30 Sep, 2005 07:54 am
@JEB007,
Neeto, "Yeah, they do it for their own benefit, but what sort of crazy person are you if you work hard for someone else's benefit??"

Seems the reason a employer would hire you is because you would be a benifit to him, as well as aquiring a job which is good for you. Why else hire you?
0 Replies

Drnaline

Reply Fri 30 Sep, 2005 07:59 am
@Rob cv,
If they work for cash there is no proof of employment. I would work to our advantage if they could sue. The people employing them would think twice.
0 Replies