JEB007

Reply Fri 23 Sep, 2005 07:01 am
Immigrants that entered the US illegally or entered legally and stayed illegally many years ago, They have been living here, working their ass off. some of them have even been paying taxes without claiming a dime in return. What are your thoughts on giving this people amnesty, give them legal status.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 3,488 • Replies: 37
No top replies

Brent cv

Reply Fri 23 Sep, 2005 11:01 am
@JEB007,
First we need to stop the 1 million + illegals from getting into this country everyyear

Then we can talk about giving amnesty to the ones that are currently here.
0 Replies

JEB007

Reply Fri 23 Sep, 2005 12:39 pm
@JEB007,
I agree illegal migration has to be controlled, but why would that have to happen before even considering amnesty.
Brent cv

Reply Fri 23 Sep, 2005 01:11 pm
@JEB007,
JEB007 wrote:
I agree illegal migration has to be controlled, but why would that have to happen before even considering amnesty.

If you can do them both at the same time go for it... but this government as it is now can not do two things at once without screwing one of those things to pieces.

I prefer steps... clear steps...
0 Replies

lowflyn

Reply Fri 23 Sep, 2005 06:54 pm
@JEB007,
I have worked with several illegal immigrants working their way north...they all work hard, but dadgumit, they need to pay taxes if I have to lol. Back then I didn't pay any taxes though, always got paid cash every week.
0 Replies

oaktonarcher

Reply Sun 25 Sep, 2005 03:19 pm
@JEB007,
lol^ yeah i agree amnesty to a point. but we have to control the boarders.
0 Replies

ndjs

Reply Sun 25 Sep, 2005 04:23 pm
@JEB007,
illegal immigration is illegal for a reason. We have a process for legally immigrating, and I do not feel that anybody who lives here who came here any way but legally deserve **** from our government.
0 Replies

JEB007

Reply Mon 26 Sep, 2005 07:10 am
@JEB007,
Well, there are people that do come here legally and want to stay but it is so difficult to get legal status they end up staying illegally. I know there are many immigrants that don't pay taxes but would happily pay them if they were just given a green card and a SS# or at least a work permit. I also know there are many American born citizens that work "under the table" and refuse to pay taxes for different reasons.
0 Replies

Drnaline

Reply Mon 26 Sep, 2005 08:12 am
@JEB007,
I would give no amnesty. You can't reward an illegal act with a free pass. Another word for illegal immigrant, trespasser.
0 Replies

ndjs

Reply Mon 26 Sep, 2005 08:33 am
@JEB007,
I understand it may not be cheap to become a legal citizen of the United States, but regardless of the cost, it seems to be worth it to me. I personally know several illegal immigrants, and date a Hispanic girl. I see how the situation is for them, but I still do not feel that illegal immigrants are owed anything by our government. My girlfriend's entire family is legal.
0 Replies

Drnaline

Reply Mon 26 Sep, 2005 08:42 am
@JEB007,
If it wasn't worth it they wouldn't come. But there is a legal way to do it. Millions went through Ellis Island, the mexicans can go through one in Arizona/New Mexico/Texas. There is no excuse for doing it illegal, for the penalty is you'll never have a green card or Citizenship. That the way it is. IMO The plite of there family is of no consiquence to us. There need to seek a better life in this country does not negate the legal system and bend it to there will? This is our country not theres. To many people caving for the new superminority which is the majorityminority now. No body wants to offend them and wants to court there vote by being lienient with them. I will not stand for that.
Brent cv

Reply Mon 26 Sep, 2005 10:42 am
@Drnaline,
Drnaline wrote:
If it wasn't worth it they wouldn't come. But there is a legal way to do it. Millions went through Ellis Island, the mexicans can go through one in Arizona/New Mexico/Texas. There is no excuse for doing it illegal, for the penalty is you'll never have a green card or Citizenship. That the way it is. IMO The plite of there family is of no consiquence to us. There need to seek a better life in this country does not negate the legal system and bend it to there will? This is our country not theres. To many people caving for the new superminority which is the majorityminority now. No body wants to offend them and wants to court there vote by being lienient with them. I will not stand for that.

I agree
0 Replies

JEB007

Reply Tue 27 Sep, 2005 06:42 am
@JEB007,
So you are willing to let felons out of prison for "good behavior", but you are not willing to give hard working people that have been here for years and probably love this country as much as You and I a break.
Curmudgeon

Reply Tue 27 Sep, 2005 08:14 am
@JEB007,
I don't know what procedures are involved in the propsed amnesty programs , but if such a program incorporates a process to get the ones who have been here a while ,and working , into citizenship , I might agree to it .
I have lived most of my life with and neighbors with Hispanics who for the most part are legal , and have a few acquaintances who have emigrated to the US in the proper manner . I think all should become legal or go back home .
Drnaline

Reply Tue 27 Sep, 2005 08:27 am
@JEB007,
JEB007 wrote:
So you are willing to let felons out of prison for "good behavior", but you are not willing to give hard working people that have been here for years and probably love this country as much as You and I a break.
An american in prison paid his dept. A trespasing immigrant weither hard working(which would be to his own personal gain)has refused illegally to pay such a dept. Appears he loves the money not the country. For if prospects were better some where else, where would he be?
Drnaline

Reply Tue 27 Sep, 2005 08:35 am
@Curmudgeon,
Curmudgeon wrote:
I don't know what procedures are involved in the propsed amnesty programs , but if such a program incorporates a process to get the ones who have been here a while ,and working , into citizenship , I might agree to it .
I have lived most of my life with and neighbors with Hispanics who for the most part are legal , and have a few acquaintances who have emigrated to the US in the proper manner . I think all should become legal or go back home .
What eggs me is seeing bunches of them in hospitol waiting rooms waiting for FREE health care. They go for any reason. Sick related problems that would be in the private sector of general practitioner they go to the emergency room, for everything.
0 Replies

JEB007

Reply Tue 27 Sep, 2005 09:24 am
@Drnaline,
Drnaline wrote:
An american in prison paid his dept....

In my eyes a Pedophile/Murderer will never pay his debt.

Drnaline wrote:
...A trespasing immigrant weither hard working(which would be to his own personal gain)has refused illegally to pay such a dept...

I can guarantee you that if given the opprotunity to change to legal status. many illegal immigrants would happily pay any fine imposed on them.

Drnaline wrote:
... Appears he loves the money not the country. For if prospects were better some where else, where would he be?...

I have yet to meet a person doing back breaking labor for under minimum wage that is here because he is inundated with money. He loves this country because it gives him opportunity, gives him freedom, gives him a future.
Drnaline

Reply Tue 27 Sep, 2005 10:08 am
@JEB007,
JEB007 wrote:
In my eyes a Pedophile/Murderer will never pay his debt.

I can guarantee you that if given the opprotunity to change to legal status. many illegal immigrants would happily pay any fine imposed on them.

I have yet to meet a person doing back breaking labor for under minimum wage that is here because he is inundated with money. He loves this country because it gives him opportunity, gives him freedom, gives him a future.
"In my eyes a Pedophile/Murderer will never pay his debt. "

You mean we let them live! Who died and left you judge? The law dictates who gets out.

"I can guarantee you that if given the opprotunity to change to legal status. many illegal immigrants would happily pay any fine imposed on them."

The fine is going through the process. Not bypass it? Seems to me they already had been given the opportunity to do so but choose to forgoe the legal way and crossed anyway. Two wrongs don't make a right but three rights make a left. They choose not to pay the fine when they crossed the border.

"I have yet to meet a person doing back breaking labor for under minimum wage that is here because he is inundated with money. He loves this country because it gives him opportunity, gives him freedom, gives him a future."

Really the ones i talk to are? The majority in my town are from Guatamala. Took them on average five months to work there way through Mexico before even trying to cross the boarder. Why would a married male with at least three kids move by himself five thousand miles to look for work? A few reasons come to mind. 1. They can. 2. There's money to be made, Cash when they get hear. 3. There is a network of friends and family waiting. 4. Free health care. 5. Damn good exchange rate sending money back to there family. 6. Be willing to pay for a 4X8 space on the floor so you can get by with only a hundred bucks a month rent. 7. Be able to afford to drive nice new cars while your here. And all those things he gets when he gets here are at the expence of who? You sure are giving of other peoples money? How much have you given? The opportunities are for Legal Citizens not trespassers!
Drnaline

Reply Tue 27 Sep, 2005 10:14 am
@JEB007,
http://customwire.ap.org/dynamic/stories/N/NEW_CITIZEN_LOTTERY?SITE=INEVA&SECTION=HOME&TEMPLATE=DEFAULT&CTIME=2005-09-27-04-11-03

DES MOINES, Iowa (AP) -- A man who immigrated from Kenya to the United States found prosperity beyond his expectations on the day he became a U.S. citizen.

Shortly after Moses Bittok, of West Des Moines, took the oath of citizenship on Friday, he discovered he had a $1.89 million winning ticket from the Iowa Lottery's Hot Lotto game.

"It's almost like you adopted a country and then they netted you $1.8 million," Bittok said Monday as he cashed in his ticket. "It doesn't happen anywhere - I guess only in America."
0 Replies

JEB007

Reply Tue 27 Sep, 2005 10:52 am
@Drnaline,
Drnaline wrote:
You mean we let them live! Who died and left you judge? The law dictates who gets out.

I was stating my personal opinion not who dictates what. In my eyes a mother fing pedofile should be tortured and killed slowly. But that is a whole new thread.

Drnaline wrote:
The fine is going through the process. Not bypass it? Seems to me they already had been given the opportunity to do so but choose to forgoe the legal way and crossed anyway. Two wrongs don't make a right but three rights make a left. They choose not to pay the fine when they crossed the border.

First off, not all persons currently living in the US illegally crossed a border illegally, there are many that came here by legitimate ways. And this people come from all over the world not just South American countries. I am not going to explain how difficult it is to attain legal status, but if it was as easy as paying a fine, they would pay up.

Drnaline wrote:
Really the ones i talk to are? The majority in my town are from Guatamala. Took them on average five months to work there way through Mexico before even trying to cross the boarder. Why would a married male with at least three kids move by himself five thousand miles to look for work? A few reasons come to mind. 1. They can. 2. There's money to be made, Cash when they get hear. 3. There is a network of friends and family waiting. 4. Free health care. 5. Damn good exchange rate sending money back to there family. 6. Be willing to pay for a 4X8 space on the floor so you can get by with only a hundred bucks a month rent. 7. Be able to afford to drive nice new cars while your here. And all those things he gets when he gets here are at the expence of who? You sure are giving of other peoples money? How much have you given? The opportunities are for Legal Citizens not trespassers!

Other people's money? If they drive a nice car is because they worked for it, how do u suggest they get a new car with other people's money?

Drnaline wrote:
How much have you given?

No offense but that is really nobody's business but my own