My Feelings on Bush and the direction this country is headed

Reply Sun 14 Jan, 2007 06:54 pm
I wrote this in a spur of a moment type deal.

George Bush has dropped the ball horribly. - Mustang Evolution

Let me know what you think. I know one person isn't going to like it then again I know a lot will. It's just the way I see it.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 2,093 • Replies: 36
No top replies

Curmudgeon

Reply Sun 14 Jan, 2007 07:05 pm
@Brent cv,
You have spoken just as many Americans have . Too bad the administration couldn't get their act together , but I still worry a lot about how the Liberals will do .
0 Replies

Brent cv

Reply Sun 14 Jan, 2007 07:36 pm
@Brent cv,
I worry about it too. It is no more comforting having the liberals running things as it is Bush. However Bush has clearly screwed up. Over and over again. There seems to be no end in sight.
0 Replies

tumbleweed cv

Reply Mon 15 Jan, 2007 09:21 am
@Brent cv,
So you guys see Bush as the lesser of the 2 evils.Very Happy

Bush has this country so screwed up even the liberals might not be able to save if from all the mistakes he made.
Curmudgeon

Reply Mon 15 Jan, 2007 06:38 pm
@Brent cv,
It would be good if the liberal side could straighten things out , and I would be glad to see it done , but they have offered NO plan to do so .
0 Replies

Pinochet73

Reply Mon 15 Jan, 2007 08:20 pm
@Brent cv,
The war in Iraq has split the American Left, a fact which will spare the nation from the full horror of President Hillary Clinton, the she-wolf on Satan's leash. :headbang:
Drnaline

Reply Wed 17 Jan, 2007 01:28 pm
@Brent cv,
Brent;9277 wrote:

Let me know what you think. I know one person isn't going to like it then again I know a lot will. It's just the way I see it.
Nice little article/rant. You should post it on the blog. That one person wouldn't be me would it? I could not dream of such a thing being as how we are old time pals, LOL.

I Love Bolten too. Wish there were more like him. No nonsense kinda guy. Iran won't be playing games much longer, ships are in route.
Quote:
When was the last time something good happened in this country?

The day after 9/11. Remember all those flags!
On medicare, how much do you think the bureaucracy will cost to run such a program? Who will ultimately pay for this, the people your providing it too at probably three or more times the cost? I don't see anyone winning except the politicians and there lobbyists. Why would they be so insistent to be allowed to negotiate on prescribed drugs, negotiate for whom?
I'll not harp on Bush, he does have his short comings and your opinion is your own. But he is still our president baring you getting your way. In which case Cheney is not a bad alternative. If they managed to get Cheney out then your stuck with Pelosi, there would be quite a few liberals very happy with that.
0 Replies

Drnaline

Reply Wed 17 Jan, 2007 01:31 pm
@tumbleweed cv,
tumbleweed;9401 wrote:
So you guys see Bush as the lesser of the 2 evils.Very Happy

Bush has this country so screwed up even the liberals might not be able to save if from all the mistakes he made.
The libbys are the reason it is in a mess. You know, desent is the highest form a patriotism. They take it to a whole new meaning.
oleo

Reply Wed 17 Jan, 2007 01:49 pm
@Drnaline,
Drnaline;9466 wrote:
The libbys are the reason it is in a mess. You know, desent is the highest form a patriotism. They take it to a whole new meaning.

uh, no, Bush and his administration would be the reason it is such a mess.

Dissent isn't what steered the country into the mess it's in, it's what tried
to prevent it from happening.
oleo

Reply Wed 17 Jan, 2007 01:50 pm
@Pinochet73,
Pinochet73;9430 wrote:
The war in Iraq has split the American Left, a fact which will spare the nation from the full horror of President Hillary Clinton, the she-wolf on Satan's leash. :headbang:

Do you need reminders to take your medication every once in a while?
0 Replies

Drnaline

Reply Wed 17 Jan, 2007 01:54 pm
@oleo,
oleo;9467 wrote:
uh, no, Bush and his administration would be the reason it is such a mess.

Dissent isn't what steered the country into the mess it's in, it's what tried
to prevent it from happening.
Dissent is well on it's way to gaurantee it's a failure. So what about the rest of the country and it's politicians, none of them are to blame.
oleo

Reply Wed 17 Jan, 2007 02:20 pm
@Brent cv,
Brent;9277 wrote:

I agree with the ultimate sentiment, but not the details.

Since when did we let Iraq run it's own country how they see fit? We shouldn't.

There's a huge flaw in that thinking/logic/statement, and it can't pass.
We "liberated" Iraq to do what they pleased, instead of being ruled by an
oppressive dictator... or at least that was the party line. We didn't invade
them to rule them, because that's against our philosophy, articles of constitution
and would make us the very thing we have fought against in this world
since the inception of our country: imperialists.

Bush can't let go of his original flawed argument for the invasion - that
Hussein was aligned with terrorist groups attacking the U.S., which wasn't
true and they knew better but had other motives (oil) - without admitting
he they were lying, or at least being "selective" with the evidence. Everything
done in Iraq must rest upon this flawed premise, and you can't build anything
lasting upon a foundation of mistruth. So, instead of acknowledging that we
have empowered the Shi'ia, who are under the influence of Iran, and are
basically backing them in a civil war against the Sunnis we have to go
forward with this lie that there is a unified government being attacked by
insurgents propped up by Shi'ias, Iran and Syria on one side (in reality, this group
IS the government) and the other by Sunnis and Al Qaeda (and, in reality,
out super-ally Saudi Arabia).

If you can't be truthful about your intentions and what you are fighting in the
first place you can't win... how could you? It was the case in Vietnam and it's the
case now.

I agree with you on Social Security and Medicare for those who need it. That
system needs to be overhauled to address what "needing it" is, but the
retired segment wants back what they put in, and that's not how it works.
The baby boomers, who you and I will be paying through Social Security,
have the sheer numbers to break the system for good in the next 20 years.
With working people struggling so hard just to make ends meet, no assistance
for the elderly who need it will be disasterous for the country if it happens.
0 Replies

oleo

Reply Wed 17 Jan, 2007 02:27 pm
@Drnaline,
Drnaline;9469 wrote:
Dissent is well on it's way to gaurantee it's a failure. So what about the rest of the country and it's politicians, none of them are to blame.

You're living in a fantasy world, much like members of the adminsitration,
and there's no reasoning with you.

Iraq is a civil war, and that's the fault of an adminstration that didn't know
what they doing, didn't know what the make-up of the country and didn't
secure the country whose government/law enforcement they immobilized.

Whatever your views on whether the invasion should have happened, if you
think they did a good job in executing it you're wrong, and you can't blame
that on "dissenters," because no one but the administration had any say
in how it was carried out!
0 Replies

Drnaline

Reply Wed 17 Jan, 2007 02:45 pm
@Brent cv,
So Congress didn't have a say huh? The UN didn't have a say? The world didn't have a say? I think they did and most all said yeah. How can religious factions fighting be considered a cival war?
oleo

Reply Wed 17 Jan, 2007 03:46 pm
@Drnaline,
Drnaline;9474 wrote:
So Congress didn't have a say huh? The UN didn't have a say? The world didn't have a say? I think they did and most all said yeah. How can religious factions fighting be considered a cival war?

You have to be kidding? How can any two groups fighting be considered
a civil war? Oh, that's right, you and the right wing thinkers deny that's the
case a lot of other instances, where it was certainly, for the native people
involved, considered a civil war

No, Congress didn't have a say in how the invasion and occupation was
run, the U.N. didn't have a say in any of it, and the "world' certainly didn't.

Colin Powell's comment to the administration when they were deciding to
invade Iraq was "you break it, you buy it," meaning it was a fragile situation
and as much as we may have disliked Hussein things were as good then as
they could be at the moment. Many others expressed that same view to Bush
and his cabinet, who decided to ignore them.

They broke it, the country gets to pay for it.
0 Replies

Drnaline

Reply Wed 17 Jan, 2007 05:56 pm
@Brent cv,
So if a homegrown extremist/terrorists startblowing up things in this country you will consider it a cival war?
Congress, UN didn't have a say?
Iraq Resolution - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

"Iraq Resolution" and "Iraq War Resolution" are popular names for the Authorization for Use of Military Force Against Iraq Resolution of 2002 (Public law 107-243, 116 Stat. 1497-1502) was a law passed by the United States Congress authorizing what was soon to become the Iraq War. The authorization was sought by President George W. Bush. Introduced as H.J.Res. 114, it passed the House on October 10, 2002 by a vote of 296-133, and by the Senate on October 11 by a vote of 77-23. It was signed into law by President Bush on October 16.

The resolution cited many factors to justify action:

Iraq's noncompliance with the conditions of the 1991 cease fire, including interference with weapons inspectors
Iraq's alleged weapons of mass destruction, and programs to develop such weapons, posed a "threat to the national security of the United States and international peace and security in the Persian Gulf region"
Iraq's "brutal repression of its civilian population"
Iraq's "capability and willingness to use weapons of mass destruction against other nations and its own people"
Iraq's hostility towards the United States as demonstrated by the 1993 assassination attempt of former President George H. W. Bush, and firing on coalition aircraft enforcing the no-fly zones following the 1991 Gulf War
Members of al-Qaida were "known to be in Iraq"
Iraq's "continu[ing] to aid and harbor other international terrorist organizations," including anti-United States terrorist organizations
Fear that Iraq would provide weapons of mass destruction to terrorists for use against the United States
The efforts by the Congress and the President to fight the 9/11 terrorists and those who aided or harbored them
The authorization by the Constitution and the Congress for the President to fight anti-United States terrorism
The Resolution required President Bush's diplomatic efforts at the UN Security Council to "obtain prompt and decisive action by the Security Council to ensure that Iraq abandons its strategy of delay, evasion and noncompliance and promptly and strictly complies with all relevant Security Council resolutions." It authorized the United States to use military force to "defend the national security of the United States against the continuing threat posed by Iraq; and enforce all relevant United Nations Security Council Resolutions regarding Iraq."

If they had reservations about who what when and where why authorize the use of force?
We as a country broke it, some want a retreat without fixing it and are willing to pay the repercussions at a latter date, like a few million lives, just like vietnam? Who's fault will those lives be, a fumbleing president or the jerks that cut funding? For a country you think should pay, your sure not willing to assume some of your liability.
0 Replies

oleo

Reply Wed 17 Jan, 2007 06:04 pm
@Brent cv,
I said "running" the war and the resulting occupation. No, they didn't have
a say in that. They still don't, as the "idotic, too small to do anything but
have more of our brothers killed" surge is proving at the moment.
Curmudgeon

Reply Wed 17 Jan, 2007 06:18 pm
@Brent cv,
Very good post !
The naysayers don't like to see that kind of info , it destroys their argument . Just like they don't like to hear that last year the UN called for more troops in Iraq . See this post on Randomview.
oleo

Reply Wed 17 Jan, 2007 06:30 pm
@Curmudgeon,
Curmudgeon;9497 wrote:
Very good post !
The naysayers don't like to see that kind of info , it destroys their argument . Just like they don't like to hear that last year the UN called for more troops in Iraq . See this post on Randomview.

The level of the increase won't do anything. It's a waste.

Besides that, we're fighting to secure a government that will be loyal to
Iran and Syria?
0 Replies

tumbleweed cv

Reply Wed 17 Jan, 2007 06:46 pm
@Brent cv,
The Security Council Resolutions aren't worth the paper they are wrote on.A good example of that is Israel.

Using a vote in the U.N as justification for doing anything is the weakest arguement there is for invading Iraq. All that means is we were successful at twisting arms and fooling other countries as well misleading American voters, that this war was necessary. Even Powell, who was the mouthpiece in the U.N. wasn't convinced our intelligence was correct.
0 Replies