Sen. Johnson has "successful" brain surgery

Reply Thu 14 Dec, 2006 12:25 pm
Sen. Johnson's condition puts the balance of power in the Senate in jeopardy as he under went brain surgery recently to relieve bleeding. FOXNews.com - Sen. Johnson Undergoes Surgery to Relieve Bleeding in Brain - Politics | Republican Party | Democratic Party | Political Spectrum

What happens if a republican does replace him? Does Nanci Pelosi and Harry Reid lose their Majority leadership title?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 996 • Replies: 3
No top replies

tumbleweed cv

Reply Thu 14 Dec, 2006 02:07 pm
@Brent cv,
Here is a link with an insight to who might replace Johnson.
MPR: Democratic senator in critical condition after emergency brain surgery

I think Republicans would if he resigns. The kicker is Senators have been known to hold office even though they suffer health problems.
Drnaline

Reply Thu 14 Dec, 2006 10:35 pm
@tumbleweed cv,
tumbleweed;8228 wrote:
Here is a link with an insight to who might replace Johnson.
MPR: Democratic senator in critical condition after emergency brain surgery

I think Republicans would if he resigns. The kicker is Senators have been known to hold office even though they suffer health problems.
What if he dies, same thing i guess.
0 Replies

Brent cv

Reply Fri 15 Dec, 2006 12:16 am
@Brent cv,
I think if he dies they hold a special election. If he resigns or is thrown out the Governor picks his replacement which pretty much guarantees that his replacement is the same party affiliate as the Governor.
0 Replies