UCLA Cops Taser Student Repeatedly... Outragous Actions.

Drnaline

Reply Mon 20 Nov, 2006 07:36 am
@tumbleweed cv,
tumbleweed;7041 wrote:
Your logic is based on opinion.

You need to post case laws to prove your point is anything other than your opinion of the event.

My opinion isn't based on emotion or forgivness.

A jailhouse law degree isn't very convincing. It certainally isn't proof of anything.
Quote:
Your logic is based on opinion.

So is yours.
Quote:
You need to post case laws to prove your point is anything other than your opinion of the event.

I don't have to do anything. I'm not a lawyer and this is not a court of law.

Quote:
My opinion isn't based on emotion or forgivness.

Really, so how did you arrive at your opinion if not emotion. I think you "feel" they used excessive force. IMO your opinions are based in emotion.
Quote:
A jailhouse law degree isn't very convincing.

It manages to shut you up most of the time. And keeps you to cynical remarks instead of the topic at hand, like "Cool, We have an in-house lawyer" I didn't make the remark, you did. I didn't say i was a lawyer, you did!. If that isn't the case argue you point. I break it down sentence by sentence to make it easy for you like in post 35.
Quote:
It certainally isn't proof of anything.

Yes it is, it proves you have no arguement.
tumbleweed cv

Reply Tue 21 Nov, 2006 06:57 am
@Drnaline,
What arguement? The one where you think you are right. That's not an arguement and it certainally doesn't prove anything.

It will take more than a jailhouse law degree to convince me you know anything about criminal law.

As for shutting me up, nothing you have said seems to be working. You're welcome to try.

Stupid cops make stupid decisions. The video proves that.Very Happy
Drnaline

Reply Tue 21 Nov, 2006 07:01 am
@tumbleweed cv,
tumbleweed;7151 wrote:
What arguement? The one where you think you are right. That's not an arguement and it certainally doesn't prove anything.

It will take more than a jailhouse law degree to convince me you know anything about criminal law.

As for shutting me up, nothing you have said seems to be working. You're welcome to try.
My compliments on posting more then two sentences.
Stupid cops make stupid decisions. The video proves that.Very Happy

I dont think i'm right, i know i am. I'm not trying to convince feable minds, there is not enough time and i don't think you have the brain capacity.
tumbleweed cv

Reply Tue 21 Nov, 2006 07:05 am
@Drnaline,
Drnaline;7152 wrote:
I dont think i'm right, i know i am. I'm not trying to convince feable minds, there is not enough time and i don't think you have the brain capacity.

Now who's getting emotional?Very Happy Typical cop out.:banana:
0 Replies

Drnaline

Reply Tue 21 Nov, 2006 07:05 am
@Brent cv,
I must be stuping to your level. So this is what it's like being two feet tall? Doesn't you neck get tired?
tumbleweed cv

Reply Tue 21 Nov, 2006 07:31 am
@Drnaline,
Being 2 feet tall gives me a better perspective. I see all the crap Republicans dish out. It's falling all around me.:cool:
Drnaline

Reply Tue 21 Nov, 2006 07:37 am
@tumbleweed cv,
tumbleweed;7163 wrote:
Being 2 feet tall gives me a better perspective. I see all the crap Republicans dish out. It's falling all around me.:cool:
Quote:
Being 2 feet tall gives me a better perspective.

Yup the only way to go it up. Would you like something to drink with you dish of humble pie?
tumbleweed cv

Reply Tue 21 Nov, 2006 08:09 am
@Drnaline,
Humble pie? If you are dishing it out it must be crap.Very Happy

I think I'll pass.

Anyway, back at the ranch.:backtotopic:
Drnaline

Reply Tue 21 Nov, 2006 08:02 pm
@tumbleweed cv,
tumbleweed;7175 wrote:
Humble pie? If you are dishing it out it must be crap.Very Happy

I think I'll pass.

Anyway, back at the ranch.:backtotopic:
How does that number 2 taste?

:backtotopic: Why do you always want to do so after you have taken your pot shot? I respectfully decline.
tumbleweed cv

Reply Tue 21 Nov, 2006 09:37 pm
@Drnaline,
The student has an army of lawyers so I'm sure he will be compensated.:cool:
Johno cv

Reply Wed 22 Nov, 2006 02:15 am
@Drnaline,
Drnaline;6910 wrote:
i didn't see any abuse of power. He first refused to leave when security asked him too upon, no proof of being a student.

U.S. Constitution: Fourth Amendment wrote:
"The right of the people to be secure in their persons, houses, papers, and effects, against unreasonable searches and seizures, shall not be violated"

I'd say demanding ID for no other reason than demanding ID constitutes as an unreasonable search... but hey, I'm sure like pretty much the rest of the constitution there is some loophole... some way to twist it and turn it, until the whole thing becomes irrelevant anyway.
Brent cv

Reply Wed 22 Nov, 2006 02:53 am
@Johno cv,
Johno;7221 wrote:
I'd say demanding ID for no other reason than demanding ID constitutes as an unreasonable search... but hey, I'm sure like pretty much the rest of the constitution there is some loophole... some way to twist it and turn it, until the whole thing becomes irrelevant anyway.

The constitution is not to be taken literal. You can't take it literal. Loopholes are called "Interpretation" and it is what we have the Judicial Branch for. To interpret the constitution and law.
0 Replies

NaterG

Reply Wed 22 Nov, 2006 03:02 am
@Johno cv,
Johno;7221 wrote:

If he is in a place that requires ID, and his ID is requested to verify that he is allowed to be there, how is that a violation of his rights?
Drnaline

Reply Wed 22 Nov, 2006 07:46 am
@tumbleweed cv,
tumbleweed;7217 wrote:
The student has an army of lawyers so I'm sure he will be compensated.:cool:
He's probably got an army of terrorists at home too. Who would be willing to kill us for what weve done to there fellow comrade.
0 Replies

Drnaline

Reply Wed 22 Nov, 2006 07:52 am
@Johno cv,
Johno;7221 wrote:

Your forget that the college is a private bussiness. They can demand what they see fit. Within reason, of which they thought was so. They did not demand it for "No reason" To be in the computer room you must be a student. The way to proof it is with an id. When you go to a bar to drink alcohol do they ask you for an id for "no reason?"
Quote:
unreasonable search

They did not search him looking for an id.
0 Replies

Drnaline

Reply Wed 22 Nov, 2006 07:56 am
@NaterG,
NaterG;7225 wrote:
If he is in a place that requires ID, and his ID is requested to verify that he is allowed to be there, how is that a violation of his rights?

Johno must also consider schools with metal detecter and searching students before they come on campus as unreasonable. I guess it all depends on what you call reasonable.
0 Replies

mik60487

Reply Tue 28 Nov, 2006 07:45 pm
@Brent cv,
I agree that the campus PD did use excessive force against the student but
what many fail to appreciate is the student attacked by the authorities so offended the fragile egos of the cops who expect absolute compliance to their
authority responded in the only fashion they feel comfortable with violence!
The cop who administered the PAIN compliance dose of same has a history of excessive force issues. The poor kid just failed the COPS attitude test and was so punished
0 Replies