Will North Korea test a nuclear weapon? What should happen if they do?

Brent cv

Reply Mon 9 Oct, 2006 08:31 pm
@tumbleweed cv,
tumbleweed;5221 wrote:
It happened on the Bush watch. Who else is there to blame?

So did the record breaking Dow.

That must mean the economy is the best it's ever been.

Pitiful reasoning.
Drnaline

Reply Mon 9 Oct, 2006 08:33 pm
@Brent cv,
China is playing to the world seen. Who is the only reason North Korea exists, China is the only answer i come up with.
Quote:
I don't think even Iran has the guts to stand up to a USA-China-Rest of the world coalition.

Coalition, in your dreams. It will be us and a few select allys that will engauge these thugs while the rest of the world watches.
0 Replies

Drnaline

Reply Mon 9 Oct, 2006 08:36 pm
@Brent cv,
Nuclear Weapons Program - North Korea
For a little more info. Biased? You decide.
0 Replies

markx15

Reply Mon 9 Oct, 2006 08:49 pm
@Brent cv,
Quote:
Coalition, in your dreams. It will be us and a few select allys that will engauge these thugs while the rest of the world watches.

Never doubt the power of public fear.

Quote:
China is playing to the world seen. Who is the only reason North Korea exists, China is the only answer i come up with.

China has alot to lose if North Korea starts brandishing nukes. Now that it has announced to be against this new nuclear program, and has called for an imediate halt to its nuclear program do you really think their communist founded alliance will hold? Old favors are soon forgotten.
Drnaline

Reply Mon 9 Oct, 2006 08:58 pm
@markx15,
markx15;5237 wrote:

China has alot to lose if North Korea starts brandishing nukes. Now that it has announced to be against this new nuclear program, and has called for an imediate halt to its nuclear program do you really think their communist founded alliance will hold? Old favors are soon forgotten.
Quote:

Public fear is what will keep most other participants our of what will eventually happen. It will not deture the one's already commited.
Quote:
China has alot to lose if North Korea starts brandishing nukes. Now that it has announced to be against this new nuclear program, and has called for an imediate halt to its nuclear program do you really think their communist founded alliance will hold?

Yes, i think it will hold. Wait till the first UN hearing. If china says anything on the matter, then i'll ask you if you still hold the same opinion. What they say to the world press is alot different then what they push in the UN.
0 Replies

markx15

Reply Mon 9 Oct, 2006 09:11 pm
@Brent cv,
Everyone intitled to their own opinion, I guess we can only be sure after the next UN meeting.
markx15

Reply Mon 9 Oct, 2006 09:15 pm
@Brent cv,
Quote:
Nuclear Weapons Program - North Korea
For a little more info. Biased? You decide.

By the way thanks for the link, it was an interesting read.
0 Replies

Drnaline

Reply Mon 9 Oct, 2006 09:27 pm
@markx15,
markx15;5239 wrote:
Everyone intitled to their own opinion, I guess we can only be sure after the next UN meeting.
They sure are if you are a free man. It's not so in many countrys. There first meeting shouldn't be to far off. Time will tell.
0 Replies

tumbleweed cv

Reply Tue 10 Oct, 2006 05:57 am
@Brent cv,
Brent;5232 wrote:
So did the record breaking Dow.

That must mean the economy is the best it's ever been.

Pitiful reasoning.
What do you mean by pitiful reasoning?
0 Replies

Drnaline

Reply Tue 10 Oct, 2006 06:11 am
@Brent cv,
What he means is, the left always whines about the economy being in the toilet. Yet the DOW has broke there record high three time this year. Not a good indicator of a bad econo.
tumbleweed cv

Reply Tue 10 Oct, 2006 06:14 am
@Drnaline,
What does the economy have to do with this topic?:wtf:
Brent cv

Reply Tue 10 Oct, 2006 12:51 pm
@tumbleweed cv,
tumbleweed;5254 wrote:
What does the economy have to do with this topic?:wtf:

Come on man work with me here.

You flat out stated that it is Bush's fault because it is his watch. Well if everything that happens on Bush's watch is the result of him then the DOW must be the work of Bush by breaking records 3 times.

Basically I am saying your reasoning is horrible. Just because it is Bush's watch does not mean it is his fault/doing.
tumbleweed cv

Reply Tue 10 Oct, 2006 02:06 pm
@Brent cv,
I see. So if something is going his way,he takes credit for it, but when his policies are a disaster,like Iraq, Afghanistan, Immigration, or trade deficits, for example, those aren't his problems.

Sounds like a double standard to me.Very Happy
fluidambient

Reply Tue 10 Oct, 2006 02:18 pm
@Brent cv,
I remember Clinton having ushered in a great economy and not thrusting the country into unpopular wars in his presidency, guess you guys forgot all about that.
0 Replies

Drnaline

Reply Tue 10 Oct, 2006 05:07 pm
@Brent cv,
No we didn't forget, we just don't give a ****. Clinton was to worried trying to save his ass to cause much world trouble. But he did manage to attack a few countrys. Black hawk down anyone?
Drnaline

Reply Tue 10 Oct, 2006 05:54 pm
@Brent cv,
4:54 PT North Korea just tested another nuke.
0 Replies

Brent cv

Reply Tue 10 Oct, 2006 05:57 pm
@tumbleweed cv,
tumbleweed;5266 wrote:
I see. So if something is going his way,he takes credit for it, but when his policies are a disaster,like Iraq, Afghanistan, Immigration, or trade deficits, for example, those aren't his problems.

Sounds like a double standard to me.Very Happy

I am not saying either way. I am saying that logic is flawed. North Korea obtaining Nuclear Weapons can date back to the mid 90's when their Nuclear Program was restarted
tumbleweed cv

Reply Tue 10 Oct, 2006 06:42 pm
@Brent cv,
Brent;5286 wrote:
I am not saying either way. I am saying that logic is flawed. North Korea obtaining Nuclear Weapons can date back to the mid 90's when their Nuclear Program was restarted

What particular logic are you refering to? My logic was that Bush failed to avert this confrontation.

Has Bush had any success in dealing with Korea since he came into power? All he did was get 5 other countries to help him back Korea into a corner. That approach seems to have a few flaws.Very Happy
0 Replies

fluidambient

Reply Tue 10 Oct, 2006 07:42 pm
@Drnaline,
Drnaline;5284 wrote:
No we didn't forget, we just don't give a crap. Clinton was to worried trying to save his ass to cause much world trouble. But he did manage to attack a few countrys. Black hawk down anyone?

Don't give a crap about the man who served two terms with a thriving economy? That sure is myopic of you. Yah I'm not saying Clinton didn't drop his share of bombs on people, but there is a level to the degree a democrat will do it compared to a republican who has no restraint.
Mike W

Reply Wed 11 Oct, 2006 12:06 am
@Brent cv,
So, is Japan's report an actual 2nd nuclear test, or an earthquake?
0 Replies