Will North Korea test a nuclear weapon? What should happen if they do?

Reply Sun 8 Oct, 2006 12:46 am
It has been said that today, Sunday, October 8th, 2006 North Korea would test a Nuclear weapon to prove once and for all that it has been able to create a nuclear bomb.

Do you think they will go through with it? What happens if they do?

If they do go through with it I believe that the should receive instant military action from the United States in the form of cruise missile attacks and attacks via the air force. We know no other country is going to step up.

FOXNews.com - Shots Fired Along Korean Border as Tensions Mount Over Nuke Tests - International News | News of the World | Middle East News | Europe News
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 3,044 • Replies: 47
No top replies

htmlmaster

Reply Sun 8 Oct, 2006 07:47 pm
@Brent cv,
They probably will eventually. When they do, the United States will probably beat the crap out of them, and we get a nice war going on. However, I doubt that "no other" country will step up. South Korea is obviously pretty angry, and Japan is ready to... do whatever they're allowed to do. If Russia or China happen to decide to stick with the United States, North Korea's done for. However, if the Communists decide to stick together, we'll get a big world war.
0 Replies

Brent cv

Reply Sun 8 Oct, 2006 09:33 pm
@Brent cv,
They did it: FOXNews.com - North Korea Claims Test of Nuclear Weapon; U.S. Officials Can't Confirm - International News | News of the World | Middle East News | Europe News
0 Replies

Curmudgeon

Reply Sun 8 Oct, 2006 09:45 pm
@Brent cv,
Now we just have to see what the world will say and do about it .
0 Replies

GoodBoy

Reply Sun 8 Oct, 2006 11:12 pm
@Brent cv,
Foley who?
tumbleweed cv

Reply Mon 9 Oct, 2006 06:02 am
@GoodBoy,
No big deal. Bush has a plan doesn't he?

Oh, that's right,let someone who knows what they are doing deal with it.Very Happy
0 Replies

Drnaline

Reply Mon 9 Oct, 2006 09:29 am
@Brent cv,
First step, Let the UN waist some time, maybe let them get to 15-18 resolutions. Then we will bomb there sites.
tumbleweed cv

Reply Mon 9 Oct, 2006 10:55 am
@Drnaline,
I think the whole confrontation could have been prevented by holding direct talks with Korea instead of relying on other nations to do our biding.

Our weak foreign policy is rearing it's ugly head.

I think we should have destroyed their nuclear site a long time ago.

There is no doubt in my mind he would sell a bomb to the highest bidder.

This should be a great topic of political discussion for the next few weeks leading up to election day. I havn't heard anything from either party as far as solving this problem yet.
0 Replies

markx15

Reply Mon 9 Oct, 2006 07:43 pm
@Brent cv,
North Corea is acting ridiculously, it is openly challenging the entire world to a stand off, thats what nukes provoke = war. Are they expecting anything diferent? It brushed away the peacefull nuclear activities excuse, and put the whole world on alert, I believe that if it comes to military action it will be a worldwide coalition which will recieve great internal support from the North Korean masses(which by the way would be starving if not for external donations). I wonder what Pyongyang(is that how you spell it?) is hoping to acomplish with such a defience to world peace, any opinions?
0 Replies

markx15

Reply Mon 9 Oct, 2006 07:50 pm
@Brent cv,
I know that this will sound like yet another conspiracy theory, and it is actually pretty insulting to the american people in general, but since it did occur to me I believe it at least deserves a quick note: Is this North Korean scandal an american ploy? I mean think, the war in Iraq went awfully(media wise) and they also lost control in Afganistan could this not just be a scam by the american government to distract americans from internal problems which are curtly adressed if even that. If you believe me wrong, please open my eyes.
tumbleweed cv

Reply Mon 9 Oct, 2006 07:58 pm
@markx15,
The latest confrontation is the result of failed foreign policy in dealing with this problem. Bush just let the cat out of the bag, only he can't get it back in without someone to help him.
Brent cv

Reply Mon 9 Oct, 2006 07:58 pm
@Brent cv,
lol no. Why even bring that up? North Korea has been building their nuclear program since the 90's
0 Replies

Brent cv

Reply Mon 9 Oct, 2006 07:59 pm
@tumbleweed cv,
tumbleweed;5216 wrote:
The latest confrontation is the result of failed foreign policy in dealing with this problem. Bush just let the cat out of the bag, only he can't get it back in without someone to help him.

Oh so its Bush's fault now.

Never fails to amaze me
tumbleweed cv

Reply Mon 9 Oct, 2006 08:03 pm
@Brent cv,
It happened on the Bush watch. Who else is there to blame?
Drnaline

Reply Mon 9 Oct, 2006 08:07 pm
@Brent cv,
Maybe the guy that gave them a light water nukaler reactor. And his name wasn't Bush, LOL!
markx15

Reply Mon 9 Oct, 2006 08:10 pm
@Brent cv,
Quote:
lol no. Why even bring that up? North Korea has been building their nuclear program since the 90's

The North Korean dictator is being greatly criticized by most of the world, could he actually hope for sucess against such pressure? I didnt say that their nuclear program is part of a grand scheme, but unless he is clinicly insane he would never openly challenge the world in such a manner. We can only guess until this whole story unfolds.
0 Replies

tumbleweed cv

Reply Mon 9 Oct, 2006 08:13 pm
@Drnaline,
Drnaline;5223 wrote:
Maybe the guy that gave them a light water nukaler reactor. And his name wasn't Bush, LOL!

Do you have a link that explains that statement?
Drnaline

Reply Mon 9 Oct, 2006 08:17 pm
@Brent cv,
Quote:
The North Korean dictator is being greatly criticized by most of the world, could he actually hope for sucess against such pressure?

Sure, with the help of Iran, Syria and through in a few communist countrys like Cuba, Venesuela. Don't forget mother China.
Quote:
but unless he is clinicly insane

They don't call him Kim Jon (mentally) Il for nothing.
0 Replies

Drnaline

Reply Mon 9 Oct, 2006 08:20 pm
@tumbleweed cv,
tumbleweed;5227 wrote:
Do you have a link that explains that statement?
Do a search on Clinton North Korea reactor. I used "ask" so your results may vary.
0 Replies

markx15

Reply Mon 9 Oct, 2006 08:25 pm
@Brent cv,
Quote:
Don't forget mother China.

Actually I was pleasntly surprised to find that China is against them this time, and is supporting a complete stop to North Korean nuclear testing. Cuba is pretty shook up with Fidel`s health condition, and isn't really taking sides, and I don't think even Iran has the guts to stand up to a USA-China-Rest of the world coalition.
0 Replies