Give Bush a Break!

Brent cv

Reply Tue 10 Oct, 2006 08:47 pm
@Brent cv,
My apologies, I missed that part of it. I do know what it is I just read it to fast.
0 Replies

fluidambient

Reply Tue 10 Oct, 2006 08:53 pm
@Brent cv,
No Biggie big Willie.
0 Replies

Curmudgeon

Reply Thu 12 Oct, 2006 02:17 am
@Brent cv,
Those prisoners know full well why they are imprisoned . They are enemies of the state , either conspirators or actors in actions designed to destroy America , whether they were in America or at home in their own countries .
Do you want them free to go about their plans ?
We need to get all the info we can from them to fight the war .
tumbleweed cv

Reply Thu 12 Oct, 2006 05:14 am
@Curmudgeon,
Not all of them.Very Happy

Man deported to Syria had no link to terror, Canada told U.S. - Americas - International Herald Tribune
0 Replies

Drnaline

Reply Thu 12 Oct, 2006 06:07 am
@Brent cv,
Gonna use the one percent arguement?

THE LARK PROGRAM

A Lady liberal wrote a lot of letters to the White House complaining about the treatment of a captive insurgent (terrorist) being held in Guantanamo Bay.

She received back the following reply:

The White House
1600 Pennsylvania Avenue
Washington, D.C. 20016

Dear Concerned Citizen,

Thank you for your recent letter roundly criticizing our treatment of the Taliban and Al Quada detainees currently being held at Guantanamo Bay,Cuba.

Our administration takes these matters seriously and your opinion was heard loud and clear here in Washington.

You'll be pleased to learn that, thanks to the concerns of citizens like yourself, we are creating a new division of the Terrorist Retraining Program, to be called the "Liberals Accept Responsibility for Killers" program, or LARK for short.

In accordance with the guidelines of this new program, we have decided to place one terrori st under your personal care.

Your personal detainee has been selected and scheduled for transportation under heavily armed guard to your residence next Monday.

Ali Mohammed Ahmed bin Mahmud (you can just call him Ahmed) is to be cared for pursuant to the standards you personally demanded in your letter of complaint. It will likely be necessary for you to hire some assistant caretakers.

We will conduct weekly inspections to ensure that your standards of care for Ahmed are commensurate with those you so strongly recommended in your letter.

Although Ahmed is a sociopath and extremely violent, we hope that your sensitivity to what you described as his attitudinal problem" will help him overcome these character flaws.

Perhaps you are correct in describing these problems as mere cultural differences. We understand that you plan to offer counseling and home schooling.

Your adopted terrorist is extremely proficient in hand-to-hand combat and can extinguish human life with such simple items as a pencil or nail clippers. We advise that you do not ask him to demonstrate these skills at your next yoga group. He is also expert at making a wide variety of explosive devices from common household products, so you may wish to keep those items locked up, unless (in your opinion) this might offend him.

Ahmed will not wish to interact with you or your daughters (except sexually), since he views females as a subhuman form of property. This is a particularly sensitive subject for him and he has been known to show violent tendencies around women who fail to comply with the new dress code that he will recommend as more appropriate attire.

I'm sure you will come to enjoy the anonymity offered by the burka -- over time.

Just remember that it is all part of "respecting his culture and his religious beliefs" -- wasn't that how you put it?

Thanks again for your letter. We truly appreciate it wh en folks like you keep us informed of the proper way to do our job. You take good care of Ahmed - and remember, we'll be watching.

Good luck!

Cordially, your friend,

GEORGE W. BUSH
tumbleweed cv

Reply Thu 12 Oct, 2006 07:37 am
@Drnaline,
So how did you arrive at the 1% figure?
GoodBoy

Reply Thu 12 Oct, 2006 08:20 am
@Brent cv,
Drnaline:

Ive never seen that before, Its awesome!
tumbleweed cv

Reply Thu 12 Oct, 2006 08:28 am
@GoodBoy,
That letter is something out of a Republican comic book. Very Happy

It belongs in the humor forum.
fluidambient

Reply Thu 12 Oct, 2006 08:38 am
@tumbleweed cv,
I like how first off he assumes it's only 1 pecent of the people that are innocent in those prisons and then he follows it up by some satirical document to escape providing any evidence. Anyways even 1 percent is too much, this country was founded on the concept that better to let many guilty men free than to imprison one free man. And before any says "that only applies to US citizens", sure there's plenty of US Citizens in those jails.
tumbleweed cv

Reply Thu 12 Oct, 2006 08:45 am
@fluidambient,
That letter is a lot like this one from Rummy.Very Happy

The LARK Program
0 Replies

Brent cv

Reply Thu 12 Oct, 2006 07:00 pm
@tumbleweed cv,
tumbleweed;5390 wrote:
So how did you arrive at the 1% figure?

He means you pick one instance where something went wrong and use that to declare the whole thing a failure Wink
0 Replies

fluidambient

Reply Thu 12 Oct, 2006 10:34 pm
@Brent cv,
One instance is enough to indicate it is happening widespread, and let's face it, there's more than one instance of it going on. When scientists want to get figures on the populations of birds, they don't count every bird, they'll use methods of sampling to generalize to the whole population.

I haven't seen any hard figures but like I said before even 1% of innocent people being wrongly imprisoned and tortured is horrible.
Brent cv

Reply Thu 12 Oct, 2006 10:52 pm
@fluidambient,
fluidambient;5497 wrote:
One instance is enough to indicate it is happening widespread, and let's face it, there's more than one instance of it going on.

I will give you that logic then.

One 9/11 is enough to indicate that the United States needs step up and starting fighting back against these countries. Glad we are doingt that.

Quote:
When scientists want to get figures on the populations of birds, they don't count every bird, they'll use methods of sampling to generalize to the whole population.

I haven't seen any hard figures but like I said before even 1% of innocent people being wrongly imprisoned and tortured is horrible.

Until you can find a means of protecting this country to perfection where no mistakes happen then I will take the 1% over totally abandoning the war on terrorism and attempts at milking information from prisoners
0 Replies

fluidambient

Reply Thu 12 Oct, 2006 10:56 pm
@Brent cv,
The means of protection means that the United States needs to stop oppressing people to the point where they find suicide bombings and taking over jet airliners to kamikaze them into buildings are the only way to stop the iron fist of the US Empire.

Stop making enemies, you won't be attacked, simple as that.
Brent cv

Reply Thu 12 Oct, 2006 11:10 pm
@Brent cv,
They are out looking for a reason to attack us. No matter what. Osama's reasoning for killing 3,000 innocent civilians was that there was US soldiers on Saudi soil. Allowed there by the Saudis. Requested us to be there by the Saudis to control an unstable Iraq who had already invaded Kuwait and threatened to invade Saudia Arabia.

It's pathetic that you are defending these low life scum
0 Replies

fluidambient

Reply Thu 12 Oct, 2006 11:27 pm
@Brent cv,
Hah I think his reasons are a little more complex and intricate than that. Some more I can think of is U.S. sponsorship of Israel oppressing Arabs, allying with Saddam only to destroy the country later when he went after a contested territory as Kuwait.

Anyhow, US was in bed with Bin Laden to fight off the Soviets in Afghanistan, he is their creation, it seems funny to me that they wouldn't realize the nature of his personality when they were training and funding him. Oh wait, I'm sure they did, they just didn't care.

What can I say, I'm very empathetic, how can I possibly not see the plight of the Middle East due to US Domination?
Brent cv

Reply Fri 13 Oct, 2006 12:38 am
@fluidambient,
fluidambient;5516 wrote:
Hah I think his reasons are a little more complex and intricate than that. Some more I can think of is U.S. sponsorship of Israel oppressing Arabs

Israel is not going anywhere and Palestine needs to accept that and work toward peace. Israel has attempted peace yet it gets turned down by them. They only want violence. They want Israel gone and nothing else. It's never going to happen. Israel will fight back and defend themselves as many times as they will attack.

Quote:
allying with Saddam only to destroy the country later when he went after a contested territory as Kuwait.

Ever play Risk? Its either ally with Iraq and help them defend off Iran or let the war drag out many many more years and leave it open for Iran to take the win. You don't mention these details. You seem to want to make it out that the United States can see into the future and see Saddam doing something like invading a soverign nation. Come on now

Quote:

Anyhow, US was in bed with Bin Laden to fight off the Soviets in Afghanistan,

Nice choice of words. I am sure we were his best friends. I am sure the US just loved the fact that they were helping Osama Bin Laden. I am sure they knew that Osama would turn on the United States and do something like 9/11. Again you act like the United States should be able to predict the future. All we can do is play our cards the way that we see best. We were in the middle of a cold war with Russia and had already had a nuclear scare from them. Letting them take over Afganastan was not an option.

Quote:
he is their creation, it seems funny to me that they wouldn't realize the nature of his personality when they were training and funding him. Oh wait, I'm sure they did, they just didn't care.

He was the only one fighting Russia and our only chance at Russia being defeated. See above

Quote:

What can I say, I'm very empathetic, how can I possibly not see the plight of the Middle East due to US Domination?

Yea cause if the US had just stayed out of the Middle East everything would be fine.

France would have stepped in and worked their magic and it would have turned out awesome. Just like how they talked Hitler into not invading the entire continent of Europe.

We should have let the Russians run all over Afghan and gave them fuel to advance even further.

You offer only critism and no answers to these problems
0 Replies

Drnaline

Reply Fri 13 Oct, 2006 06:44 am
@fluidambient,
fluidambient;5505 wrote:
The means of protection means that the United States needs to stop oppressing people to the point where they find suicide bombings and taking over jet airliners to kamikaze them into buildings are the only way to stop the iron fist of the US Empire.

Stop making enemies, you won't be attacked, simple as that.
So why havent' you straped a bomb to yourself for the cause? You sound like a terrorist in the making. Let me know what we can do to oppress you a little more.
fluidambient

Reply Fri 13 Oct, 2006 11:13 am
@Drnaline,
Israel has offered lip service not peace. The 2000 talks in Camp David broke down because Israel's prime minister offer would effectively give direct control over all of the west bank and the areas they "supposedly" gave to the palestinians through chopping up the lands into massive mini palestinian states and all the major roads would be under their control. That is not an offer of peace that is an interlude to a greater plan for a future conquest when you don't allow the people in the country to control their nation in the way they want.

Yes I've played Risk, you're comparing a simple dice game to geopolitics? Come on. Infact the actions of the United States in Iran-Iraq contra dragged out the war further. Whenever it seemed Iraq was about to lose they threw their support to them even more. "Letting the war drag on" wouldn't have happened if they didn't help out, but that's not the point, at that time US and Iraq were allies. And yes, you can have a hint of how a person will rule his country if you even have half a brain. When you oppress all other political parties and install a fascist dictator, what the hell do you think is going to happen?

And the point I bring up with Bin Laden is a similar point I brought up with Hussein. This is a 2nd example of a direct figure being brought to power by the CIA and other US powers when that person is obviously someone of extreme background. Again you saw you can't predict the future? I say you are blind to see the eventuality of the outcomes of very probable paths.

Yah US will do anything they can to beat down Russia, and damn the consequences. The ends don't justify the means, they never do and never will.

France wouldn't stepped in? That's doubtful.

If US's option is to arm muslim militants who later turn on them, and then complain about those very people who attack them later, that's hypocritical. All the excuses you offer overlook basic facts like this, the solution I offer now is a policy of gradual non aggression. I can't change things in the past that happened but I use them as a point of reference that aggression didn't work in the past.

I criticize all you hard right wingers because your extreme views are indicative of a US population who has no knowledge of the world outside United States, it's obvious to me most of you have no idea what life is like outside this country, and yet you claim to know what's good for the rest of the world. It's amazing to me the amount of hypocrisy you will not admit you have and have such zealotry that any shred of evidence I offer you will bat down in an instant with the same played out methods. "We didn't know. Now they're terrorists, simple as that." Your right wing leaders have broken down your common sense to the point that the word terrorist sends you into a frenzy.
fluidambient

Reply Fri 13 Oct, 2006 11:17 am
@Drnaline,
Drnaline;5526 wrote:
So why havent' you straped a bomb to yourself for the cause? You sound like a terrorist in the making. Let me know what we can do to oppress you a little more.

You think I'd throw away my life just to bring people like you down? That's doubtful, I have a very promising future ahead, and not going to throw it away for someone who isn't worth it.

You sound like a bigot already made, let me know what I can do to show the rest of the world what your real values are.