What kind of signal are democrats sending now that Joe Lieberman has been defeated?

Brent cv

Reply Sun 10 Sep, 2006 04:26 pm
@Brent cv,
Will you please stop posting pictures that add nothing to the topic. The two of Bush "kissing" are fake photochops. Please keep the topics on target. This is not a place for you to show your hate for Bush by posting fake "cute" images.
0 Replies

Brent cv

Reply Sun 10 Sep, 2006 04:28 pm
@Willie cv,
Willie;4570 wrote:
They're biased? Well then you ought to be able to refute their allegations with an unbiased news source, right? I'll wait...

Where have I ever uttered the words that Foxnews is not biased? Will you please understand what I am saying. I am saying to stop with the childish, tired Foxnews jabs that all the liberals love to do these days. These aren't new and they aren't funny. Foxnews is no more biased than CNN or MSNBC or any of the sources you have listed in this thread. The only difference is Foxnews is biased in a direction you do not like which obviously you do not like.
Willie cv

Reply Sun 10 Sep, 2006 04:43 pm
@Brent cv,
Brent;4577 wrote:
Where have I ever uttered the words that Foxnews is not biased? Will you please understand what I am saying. I am saying to stop with the childish, tired Foxnews jabs that all the liberals love to do these days. These aren't new and they aren't funny. Foxnews is no more biased than CNN or MSNBC or any of the sources you have listed in this thread. The only difference is Foxnews is biased in a direction you do not like which obviously you do not like.

Stop spinning...you're making me dizzy.

You said my sources are biased...pony up with your data to refute the allegations....
0 Replies

Curmudgeon

Reply Wed 13 Sep, 2006 01:23 am
@Brent cv,
He has offered you refutation , you simply pass on it because of the source . Spin is in and both sides do it .
What source would you like him to offer that you MIGHT be willing to at least take a look at ?
Your sources would never offer opposing views , or you would likely discredit them also .
0 Replies

rstotler02

Reply Thu 14 Sep, 2006 01:42 pm
@Brent cv,
Try a non-partisan think tank. Those are always nice, i'm sure you couldn't think of that because they may be too "biased" against Republicans. It's truly funny to me that Republicans can whine and moan that their getting picked on, but when Democrats say something to defend themselves they're "whining" or "being weak". Take for instance all the jabs Rush Limbaugh pulls out of his ass and uses against Democrats, several of which are childish, such as calling Chelsea Clinton the "White House dog". As soon as a liberal has something to say about a Republican, boy howdy stop the presses! This is liberal bias! Whenever a Republican speaks though everyone is expected to listen right? Bullshit. It's simple Willie, the reason all they have are opinions is because all they do is take their leader's word and believe it. No research or logic for these obvious pros of the spin universe. No way! Sort of like how Christians blindly follow the Bible without thinking about how ridiculous it sounds after they read it. Now you may not be an atheist and that's fine, it was only an example, but think about how overindulgent Republicans have become in the religious side of things and how faulty religion tends to be. You're basically taking events from a book that you can't prove or disprove and completely, blindly taking them as truth. In my opinion this is how Republicans work, they don't operate on what they see and what they can prove, they operate in the sense of a bully "There's more of us and if you don't believe us we'll beat you up." So essentially i've summed it up in these words: Republicans prey on the weak and vulnerable because their leaders "said so" and they don't have a mind or thought of their own that's in any way original to say otherwise. It must either come from the mouth of the NRA, the Bible or the Republican party platform.
Curmudgeon

Reply Thu 14 Sep, 2006 08:33 pm
@Brent cv,
"Republicans prey on the weak and vulnerable because their leaders "said so" and they don't have a mind or thought of their own that's in any way original to say otherwise. It must either come from the mouth of the NRA, the Bible or the Republican party platform."

Take the NRA and the Bible out of that statement , and it fits many liberals quite well .

I am not a member of the NRA , haven't read the Bible in years , and don't get talking points from the Republican Party platform . And I quit listening to Rush 10 years ago , after I had heard every thing he had to say . He repeats himself constantly these days and has nothing new to add . I think Limbaugh is very similar to the Liberals that spout whatever their leaders tell them to say .
markx15

Reply Fri 15 Sep, 2006 02:17 pm
@Brent cv,
Here read an article which i think is pretty interesting, as for its veracity, thats for you to decide:
MEDIA-IRAQ/US: Is It the PR, or the Policy?
0 Replies

markx15

Reply Fri 15 Sep, 2006 02:59 pm
@Brent cv,
I believe that the Inter Press Service News Agency is not being influenced by independent groups, how about the american people?

U.S.-9/11: Poll Finds Waning Faith in Military Interventions
0 Replies

Willie cv

Reply Sun 17 Sep, 2006 05:35 pm
@Brent cv,
Brent;4577 wrote:

I'm sorry, but if you are going to use FOX as being a news source with "valid" information, I will challenge it. Show me the bias of CNN or MSNBC which are corporate owned by some of Bush's biggest contributors. Demonstrate to me the bias of CNN and I have demonstrated to you the bias of FOX.

BTW, what is your definition of a reliable source?
0 Replies

Willie cv

Reply Sun 17 Sep, 2006 05:35 pm
@Curmudgeon,
Curmudgeon;4717 wrote:
"Republicans prey on the weak and vulnerable because their leaders "said so" and they don't have a mind or thought of their own that's in any way original to say otherwise. It must either come from the mouth of the NRA, the Bible or the Republican party platform."

Take the NRA and the Bible out of that statement , and it fits many liberals quite well .

I am not a member of the NRA , haven't read the Bible in years , and don't get talking points from the Republican Party platform . And I quit listening to Rush 10 years ago , after I had heard every thing he had to say . He repeats himself constantly these days and has nothing new to add . I think Limbaugh is very similar to the Liberals that spout whatever their leaders tell them to say .

Show me where the liberals say this. Show me where the liberals are godless.
0 Replies

Willie cv

Reply Sun 17 Sep, 2006 05:37 pm
@rstotler02,
rstotler02;4705 wrote:
Try a non-partisan think tank. Those are always nice, i'm sure you couldn't think of that because they may be too "biased" against Republicans. It's truly funny to me that Republicans can whine and moan that their getting picked on, but when Democrats say something to defend themselves they're "whining" or "being weak". Take for instance all the jabs Rush Limbaugh pulls out of his ass and uses against Democrats, several of which are childish, such as calling Chelsea Clinton the "White House dog". As soon as a liberal has something to say about a Republican, boy howdy stop the presses! This is liberal bias! Whenever a Republican speaks though everyone is expected to listen right? Bullcrap. It's simple Willie, the reason all they have are opinions is because all they do is take their leader's word and believe it. No research or logic for these obvious pros of the spin universe. No way! Sort of like how Christians blindly follow the Bible without thinking about how ridiculous it sounds after they read it. Now you may not be an atheist and that's fine, it was only an example, but think about how overindulgent Republicans have become in the religious side of things and how faulty religion tends to be. You're basically taking events from a book that you can't prove or disprove and completely, blindly taking them as truth. In my opinion this is how Republicans work, they don't operate on what they see and what they can prove, they operate in the sense of a bully "There's more of us and if you don't believe us we'll beat you up." So essentially i've summed it up in these words: Republicans prey on the weak and vulnerable because their leaders "said so" and they don't have a mind or thought of their own that's in any way original to say otherwise. It must either come from the mouth of the NRA, the Bible or the Republican party platform.

So true...and then add to the mix the fact they spread this hate mongering and offer no reliable source to back up their claim...gossips and nary do wells are what the republican party is filled with these day.

And those who would dispute you can easily come up with reasons they are Republican, Bushite republicans, and we'll see which of the three areas cover them...unless they are just hate-mongering people who believe the lies of the ACLU and democrat party.
0 Replies

Drnaline

Reply Thu 28 Sep, 2006 04:54 pm
@Brent cv,
Recent poll numbers for the state.

Lieberman Has 10-point Lead in Conn. Poll
0 Replies

Drnaline

Reply Fri 20 Oct, 2006 08:03 pm
@Brent cv,
Poll: Lieberman Leads by 17 Points

Poll: Lieberman Leads by 17 Points