What kind of signal are democrats sending now that Joe Lieberman has been defeated?

Reply Sun 13 Aug, 2006 12:24 pm
In my opinion, Joe Lieberman is one of the most honest, consistent politicians there is at this moment. While I know that those words combined together do not mean much I did like the guy for his consistency on issues. It's tough having to go against your own party but he has done it many times.

So what does the defeat mean to you? To me it means the Democrats are even more out of touch with the majority of Americans or that possible the majority of Americans have lost their damn minds by electing into office some of the most liberals politicians you can get. Somehow every time Ted Kennedy gets re-elected. I don't know how but I guess being senator of the only state that allows Gay Marriages has something to do with it. :dunno:

The guy that defeated him wants to pull out of Iraq. What is the purpose? We have lost to many good man in Iraq to accept defeat, which we would be doing, should we pull out of Iraq like he wants too. All he is doing is echoing the thoughts of the far left radicals like Michael Moore and George Soros.

I feel bad for Lieberman. I wouldn't have minded seeing him in the White House. While his social issues didn't go along well with mine, his foriegn policy was right on target.

It is a sad day.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 5,754 • Replies: 34
No top replies

jatuab

Reply Sun 13 Aug, 2006 01:21 pm
@Brent cv,
To me, the defeat means that Democrats are guilty of being hypocritical. They complain that Republicans and the Bush Administration are unreasonable, because they believe that "if you're not for us, you're against us." Lieberman was a 90% Democrat, and the Iraq War lost him the nomination.

It's ridiculous, but they'll get what they're due in the end.
0 Replies

Drnaline

Reply Sun 13 Aug, 2006 09:26 pm
@Brent cv,
Joe is one of the few libs i do respect. At least he is consistant.
As far as the loony left, they are just acknoledging there full take over of the democratic party. I think it also indicates the repugs will retain the house and the hill with him on the ticket, yeah!
0 Replies

Curmudgeon

Reply Mon 14 Aug, 2006 01:46 pm
@Brent cv,
They have again shown us that they are NOT a party of diversity , nor a party for all Americans ! It is obvious that they will not support any view other than their own far left wing .
I hope it sinks them in Connecticut , where there may be more Independant voters than Democrats .
And I hope the voting public across the nation sees them for what they really are . They cry and moan that Republicans are divisive , and they divide their own party at the same time .
0 Replies

Drnaline

Reply Tue 15 Aug, 2006 09:18 am
@Brent cv,
I got a buck says Joe will win in November. Any takers?
0 Replies

jatuab

Reply Tue 15 Aug, 2006 09:22 am
@Brent cv,
I've heard that many voters in Connecticut refuse to align themselves with either party.

It's also a common practice to polarize yourself during the primaries and then moderate yourself during the general election in order to rope in all the voters that you can. Lamont will almost certainly stay polarized, Lieberman will almost certainly moderate, and the Republican candidate has been asked to step out and support Lieberman because of his failed candidacy. He only has about $1.1 million in his funds from what I've heard, and he has no chance of winning. If he were to pull his 9% for Lieberman, then Joe would undoubtedly win. We can only hope!
0 Replies

Brent cv

Reply Tue 15 Aug, 2006 11:05 am
@Brent cv,
I hope Joe tears him up in November.
0 Replies

Drnaline

Reply Tue 15 Aug, 2006 01:57 pm
@Brent cv,
Me too. We need more suckers in this forum, i ain't making no money like this? Where's craston when you need him, LOL.
0 Replies

Drnaline

Reply Sun 27 Aug, 2006 08:25 pm
@Brent cv,
Found this interesting.

American Prospect Online - ViewWeb
0 Replies

Curmudgeon

Reply Mon 28 Aug, 2006 10:50 pm
@Brent cv,
Good article Drnaline . Something the Democrats either won't read or won't heed .
I like the idea of Lieberman winning and showing them they are wrong to discard such a man because of one issue .
His vote in congress and his committee duties will be a voice for more moderate Democrats who are at this time shouted down by the Far Left , if they are even given a chance to speak .
0 Replies

Willie cv

Reply Sat 9 Sep, 2006 05:55 pm
@Brent cv,
Brent;4422 wrote:
In my opinion, Joe Lieberman is one of the most honest, consistent politicians there is at this moment. While I know that those words combined together do not mean much I did like the guy for his consistency on issues. It's tough having to go against your own party but he has done it many times.

So what does the defeat mean to you? To me it means the Democrats are even more out of touch with the majority of Americans or that possible the majority of Americans have lost their damn minds by electing into office some of the most liberals politicians you can get. Somehow every time Ted Kennedy gets re-elected. I don't know how but I guess being senator of the only state that allows Gay Marriages has something to do with it. :dunno:

The guy that defeated him wants to pull out of Iraq. What is the purpose? We have lost to many good man in Iraq to accept defeat, which we would be doing, should we pull out of Iraq like he wants too. All he is doing is echoing the thoughts of the far left radicals like Michael Moore and George Soros.

I feel bad for Lieberman. I wouldn't have minded seeing him in the White House. While his social issues didn't go along well with mine, his foriegn policy was right on target.

It is a sad day.

Actually, on every poll, over 50% of Americans say Bush sucks. So, I guess the democrats are right on target. Lieberman was NOT a democrat...he was a closet republican who played kissy face with the president...don't believe me?

Here:

http://i52.photobucket.com/albums/g4/cookiepie_2006/lieberman_bush_kiss.jpg
Drnaline

Reply Sun 10 Sep, 2006 02:10 pm
@Willie cv,
Willie;4516 wrote:
Actually, on every poll, over 50% of Americans say Bush sucks. So, I guess the democrats are right on target. Lieberman was NOT a democrat...he was a closet republican who played kissy face with the president...don't believe me?

Here:

http://i52.photobucket.com/albums/g4/cookiepie_2006/lieberman_bush_kiss.jpg

Quote:
Actually, on every poll, over 50% of Americans say Bush sucks. So, I guess the democrats are right on target.

Please keep saying that to yourself over and over. The look on libs faces when they hit bottom is priceless. Then for december and january you mope around wondering how the rest of us can be so blind?
I'd like to see one pole that says "Bush sucks" one that at least two tousand people were polled or are you talking online blog poles because there even less reliable the the one you see in papers?
On the pick, you got one that's not editted? Why is Bush's shoulder in Lieb's armpit? You could of done a better job unless you pilft the pic from some where?
Brent cv

Reply Sun 10 Sep, 2006 02:35 pm
@Brent cv,
Quote:
On the pick, you got one that's not editted? Why is Bush's shoulder in Lieb's armpit? You could of done a better job unless you pilft the pic from some where?

Kind of starting to look like he is spitting out liberal propoganda doesn't it?
0 Replies

Drnaline

Reply Sun 10 Sep, 2006 02:44 pm
@Brent cv,
I think it fallows the party line rather nicely. I think we have nothing to worry about him ever proving any of it. They never usually plan that far ahead. My guess is he's just here to do laps around the liberal track. You know see how fast they can go know where. But that's just my opnion.
Willie cv

Reply Sun 10 Sep, 2006 03:55 pm
@Drnaline,
Drnaline;4536 wrote:
Please keep saying that to yourself over and over. The look on libs faces when they hit bottom is priceless. Then for december and january you mope around wondering how the rest of us can be so blind?
I'd like to see one pole that says "Bush sucks" one that at least two tousand people were polled or are you talking online blog poles because there even less reliable the the one you see in papers?

I aim to please....

Brent cv

Reply Sun 10 Sep, 2006 03:56 pm
@Willie cv,
Willie;4556 wrote:
I aim to please....

Are you thinking about what you are doing? You are accussing Foxnews of being biased by linking us to an obviously bias media site.

That makes a whole lot of sense.
Drnaline

Reply Sun 10 Sep, 2006 04:00 pm
@Brent cv,
From what i've heard so far, he don't make much sense at all?
Willie cv

Reply Sun 10 Sep, 2006 04:23 pm
@Brent cv,
Brent;4559 wrote:
Are you thinking about what you are doing? You are accussing Foxnews of being biased by linking us to an obviously bias media site.

That makes a whole lot of sense.

They're biased? Well then you ought to be able to refute their allegations with an unbiased news source, right? I'll wait...
Willie cv

Reply Sun 10 Sep, 2006 04:24 pm
@Drnaline,
Drnaline;4561 wrote:
From what i've heard so far, he don't make much sense at all?

Step up to the plate anytime and fill your opinions with facts Drnaline and then we'll see about who makes sense.

Can't seem to find anything to back your words? Then we agree all you have are opinions and you don't have any facts to bear them out?
0 Replies

Willie cv

Reply Sun 10 Sep, 2006 04:26 pm
@Drnaline,
Drnaline;4543 wrote:
I think it fallows the party line rather nicely. I think we have nothing to worry about him ever proving any of it. They never usually plan that far ahead. My guess is he's just here to do laps around the liberal track. You know see how fast they can go know where. But that's just my opnion.

Now, I've provided you with facts and information on each of my posts to you and all you've done is talked. You have some facts I'd like to see them, otherwise we just have the same old "wrong enough/long enough" propaganda from the right which I've shown you at twice from the Jobs ratings polls Americans aren't buying anymore.

Pony up, dude. Where's your proof?
0 Replies