Can the Democrats ever regain the majority in the House or Senate again?

Drnaline

Reply Wed 18 Oct, 2006 09:10 am
@Brent cv,
"“After the 1936 election, in which President Franklin Roosevelt shellacked the Republican nominee in all but two states, a humorist wrote: ‘If the outcome of this election hasn’t taught you Republicans not to meddle in politics, I don’t know what will.’ If after the Foley episode—a maraschino cherry atop the Democrats’ delectable sundae of Republican miseries—the Democrats cannot gain 13 seats, they should go into another line of work.” —George Will "

posting this for posterity, some libbys can use it against me if you to take the house or senate.
0 Replies

tumbleweed cv

Reply Wed 18 Oct, 2006 09:29 am
@htmlmaster,
I'd say the Democrats have a good chance at both right now. I thing voters are fed up with the Republican leadership.
0 Replies

Drnaline

Reply Wed 18 Oct, 2006 10:13 am
@Brent cv,
I still have a dollar? Fed up with repugs, maybe? But the alternative doesn't look so good either.
tumbleweed cv

Reply Wed 18 Oct, 2006 11:47 am
@Drnaline,
I think the Republicans have outdone themselves this time.

The Foley scandal might take a few more out of the running before the smoke clears.

6 years of Republican style leadership is more than any country could take.Very Happy
0 Replies

Drnaline

Reply Wed 18 Oct, 2006 01:03 pm
@Brent cv,
You keep saying "scandal" What is scandal about it? Don't you find it scandalous that Reid and Jefferson are still congressman? Jefferson is the guy with 90,000 cool cash in his freezer.
tumbleweed cv

Reply Wed 18 Oct, 2006 01:13 pm
@Drnaline,
Scandal, as a disgraceful event .

Ok. Republicans 25, Democrats 2.
0 Replies