Can the Democrats ever regain the majority in the House or Senate again?

Reply Mon 24 Jul, 2006 07:57 pm
Do you believe the democrats will ever put themselves in the position to make a legitimate run for the Senate and House when some of the leaders are openly supporting hardcore liberals such as Michael Moore?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 2,242 • Replies: 25
No top replies

jatuab

Reply Mon 24 Jul, 2006 08:59 pm
@Brent cv,
Judging by the 2004 election results, affiliation with far-Lefters is the Golden Ticket of sorts if you want to set yourself apart from Republicans. I think the House would be more susceptable to Democratic domination, but I really hope we don't split the Legislative Branch in half along party lines. We've already seen that Moderates such as Lieberman are losing out early, and I don't imagine that will change within the next two years.
Willie cv

Reply Sat 9 Sep, 2006 06:02 pm
@jatuab,
jatuab;4296 wrote:
Judging by the 2004 election results, affiliation with far-Lefters is the Golden Ticket of sorts if you want to set yourself apart from Republicans. I think the House would be more susceptable to Democratic domination, but I really hope we don't split the Legislative Branch in half along party lines. We've already seen that Moderates such as Lieberman are losing out early, and I don't imagine that will change within the next two years.

No, neocons have made a big mess of America and most Americans believe we need to get back to taking care of the working families in this nation.

Polls across the board have shown Americans are not happy with this man and his policies...so you see, it's the AMerican people who have decided that conservatism bites them and not the wealthy.

Bush: Job Ratings
0 Replies

Drnaline

Reply Sun 10 Sep, 2006 02:29 pm
@Brent cv,
Working families will take care of working familys. Do you always wait around waiting for a hand out?
Quote:
Polls across the board have shown Americans are not happy with this man and his policies...so you see, it's the AMerican people who have decided that conservatism bites them and not the wealthy.

Only problem you have is this country does not operate of poles or job ratings. I know you wish this so but your deluding yourself. Where do you get that because you interprit these poles antibush for some reason we must make a direction change in policy? He was elected to do just that, make policy. I don't think he lets polls and ratings effect his job performance, because there just that. Your putting way to much power in a fleeting moment, in other words. Your setting yourself up, will you be surprised when you fall?
Willie cv

Reply Sun 10 Sep, 2006 03:43 pm
@Drnaline,
Drnaline;4537 wrote:
Working families will take care of working familys. Do you always wait around waiting for a hand out?

Only problem you have is this country does not operate of poles or job ratings. I know you wish this so but your deluding yourself. Where do you get that because you interprit these poles antibush for some reason we must make a direction change in policy? He was elected to do just that, make policy. I don't think he lets polls and ratings effect his job performance, because there just that. Your putting way to much power in a fleeting moment, in other words. Your setting yourself up, will you be surprised when you fall?

Uh, paying my taxes each month and demanding the government give it to fellow Americans and American families who have a need is a way of helping each other....and it's certainly downright stupid to give all the taxes to corporations and wealthy who don't pay enough in taxes to make it count.

The polls are "Bush Job Ratings" and not only do I believe them, but judging from this Administration and news releases just about the time these things come out, they listen to them, too.

Unless they are going to steal yet another set of elections, the democrats will win. Americans don't like the illegals here hired in construction and restaurant and hotel and landscaping positions...they don't like less wages and no health insurance and they don't like being poor. That's what they have after Bush. And unless you're retired and have been, you'd have gotten that by now.
Brent cv

Reply Sun 10 Sep, 2006 04:24 pm
@Willie cv,
Willie;4550 wrote:
Uh, paying my taxes each month and demanding the government give it to fellow Americans and American families who have a need is a way of helping each other....and it's certainly downright stupid to give all the taxes to corporations and wealthy who don't pay enough in taxes to make it count.

Who decides where my taxes go to? Do I get to decide which families get it? Do you mean via welfare, a government program that has shown to be severely flawed and easy to manipulate? No thanks, if people are unable to work due to physical limitations they get disablity. If they do not have a College degree and work at McDonalds I do not want my money going to them at all. I am taking the means to make sure I have a good job. They should have done the same. If anyone works hard enough they will be able to make ends meet. I do not do hand outs.

Quote:

The polls are "Bush Job Ratings" and not only do I believe them, but judging from this Administration and news releases just about the time these things come out, they listen to them, too.

The "polls" said Bush didn't have a chance in 04. Looks like they were wrong.

Quote:

Unless they are going to steal yet another set of elections, the democrats will win.

Where did they steal elections? Are you saying that the democrats have proof that the elections are stolen? Enough solid proof to impeach Bush. If so I would love to see this proof. If you are privledged to it please share. However, if what you say is true and you could prove it Bush would not be in office.

The fact is he did not steal the election. Period.

Quote:
Americans don't like the illegals here hired in construction and restaurant and hotel and landscaping positions...

While I agree that illegals should not be let into this country anymore and things should be done to prevent this it is not feasible to remove all the illegals in this country right now. Also please tell me how illegals are killing this economy. They are getting the jobs that no one wants and by doing this they are keeping costs down. If you take your average American he is going to want twice what they are paying the illegal to do the same job. This increases payroll and overhead and causes prices on services and goods that they supply to go up. The end result is higher prices for me and you. This is the same reason for the jobs moving overseas. To keep prices down.

Quote:
they don't like less wages and no health insurance and they don't like being poor.

I would consider myself the average American. I have Health Insurance and the wages that my family makes have not gone down at all.

There will always be poor people. While this does not mean we shouldn't aide people that need it, the person working at Burger King who is 30 years old with no college degree and can barely speak a lick of English should not get a hand out from my Tax dollars.

Quote:
That's what they have after Bush. And unless you're retired and have been, you'd have gotten that by now.

I'm not retired and at 21 years old I got a long ways to go. While not a fan of Bush I do agree with a few of his policies. Foreign Policy being one of the major ones.

I'm afraid you are going to be in for a big disappointment. The majority of America does not hate Bush.
Willie cv

Reply Sun 10 Sep, 2006 04:34 pm
@Brent cv,
Brent;4572 wrote:
Who decides where my taxes go to? Do I get to decide which families get it? Do you mean via welfare, a government program that has shown to be severely flawed and easy to manipulate?

Show me your proof, here. Lotsa fundamentalists bible thumping republicans crying stuff and still no proof...show me the Welfare Reform Act and the monies which are distributed. Then, show me the cutbacks in Medicaid to states from Bush.

No thanks, if people are unable to work due to physical limitations they get disablity. If they do not have a College degree and work at McDonalds I do not want my money going to them at all. I am taking the means to make sure I have a good job. They should have done the same. If anyone works hard enough they will be able to make ends meet. I do not do hand outs.

Mom and dad paying for your college, huh? Mortgaged the house, did they?

The "polls" said Bush didn't have a chance in 04. Looks like they were wrong.

No, and the trial is not over on the Ohio elections with the Supreme Court set to hear it soon. Dont' you read?

Where did they steal elections? Are you saying that the democrats have proof that the elections are stolen? Enough solid proof to impeach Bush.

The impeachment comes from the illegal Iraq war and democrats have had the proof to do it...the House of Reps initiates it and it's republican controlled...remember?

If so I would love to see this proof. If you are privledged to it please share. However, if what you say is true and you could prove it Bush would not be in office.

The fact is he did not steal the election. Period.

While I agree that illegals should not be let into this country anymore and things should be done to prevent this it is not feasible to remove all the illegals in this country right now. Also please tell me how illegals are killing this economy. They are getting the jobs that no one wants and by doing this they are keeping costs down. If you take your average American he is going to want twice what they are paying the illegal to do the same job. This increases payroll and overhead and causes prices on services and goods that they supply to go up. The end result is higher prices for me and you. This is the same reason for the jobs moving overseas. To keep prices down.

I would consider myself the average American. I have Health Insurance and the wages that my family makes have not gone down at all.

There will always be poor people. While this does not mean we shouldn't aide people that need it, the person working at Burger King who is 30 years old with no college degree and can barely speak a lick of English should not get a hand out from my Tax dollars.

I'm not retired and at 21 years old I got a long ways to go. While not a fan of Bush I do agree with a few of his policies. Foreign Policy being one of the major ones.

I'm afraid you are going to be in for a big disappointment. The majority of America does not hate Bush.

You said there will always be poor...you are indeed a fundamentalists...and God doesn't love them, right?

Sorry, the poor in the nation is increasing at a time when the Bush administration wants you to think we have a great economy....more lies..
Willie cv

Reply Sun 10 Sep, 2006 04:39 pm
@Willie cv,
Impeachment | Democrats.com

California Becomes Second State to Introduce Bush Impeachment | Democrats.com

Democrats Play House To Rally Against the War

There are so many websites with all types of Bush impeachment proceedings only a crooked man and Congress could withhold this pressure...helps if the wealthies 1% of this nation is backing you, too...

MSN Search: Impeach Bush

So, take you pick...There are those who want Bush impeached and I'd say it's over 52% of the population....that's why he never has won the popular vote...most people don't like him...
Brent cv

Reply Sun 10 Sep, 2006 04:40 pm
@Brent cv,
I am not religous. So there you go assuming things already. I said there will always be poor people. Period. Not everyone can be rich or middle class. Read what I say before responding. No where did I say that everyone that is poor now will always be there. There were poor people when Clinton was in office. There will be poor people when the next person takes office be it Democrat or Republican.

Quote:
The impeachment comes from the illegal Iraq war and democrats have had the proof to do it...the House of Reps initiates it and it's republican controlled...remember?

The war in Iraq was illegal how? Because the UN said so? Too bad I don't give a **** what the UN thinks. Especially when they are just as corrupt as any government out there.

Quote:
No, and the trial is not over on the Ohio elections with the Supreme Court set to hear it soon. Dont' you read?

When do they plan on finishing the trial? After Bush leaves? What is taking so long? I thought they had clear cut proof?
0 Replies

Willie cv

Reply Sun 10 Sep, 2006 04:41 pm
@Willie cv,
American Civil Liberties Union : ACLU of Ohio and Voting Rights Groups Challenge Voter Intimidation Provision

Challenges against voter rights violations in Ohio in 2004 and the ACLU

American Civil Liberties Union : Voting Rights

And there are concerns about Venezuela being able to control the outcome of our elections because of the voting boxes we have bought from this nation...Hhhmmmmm some axis of evil with oil might get Republicans in again...you think?

Voting machine sale in question | www.vcrisis.com
0 Replies

Drnaline

Reply Sun 10 Sep, 2006 05:32 pm
@Willie cv,
Willie;4550 wrote:

Unless they are going to steal yet another set of elections, the democrats will win. Americans don't like the illegals here hired in construction and restaurant and hotel and landscaping positions...they don't like less wages and no health insurance and they don't like being poor. That's what they have after Bush. And unless you're retired and have been, you'd have gotten that by now.
Quote:
Uh, paying my taxes each month and demanding the government give it to fellow Americans and American families who have a need is a way of helping each other...

So how much extra do you send the government to aide them in the humanitarian endevor? My guess is nothing, You try and beat them out of every sent? Not very humanitarian is it?
Quote:
and it's certainly downright stupid to give all the taxes to corporations and wealthy who don't pay enough in taxes to make it count.

You don't decide that, congress does.
Quote:
Unless they are going to steal yet another set of elections,

So your already convinced that if you don't win we stole it? That story is getting a little old.
Quote:
Americans don't like the illegals here hired in construction and restaurant and hotel and landscaping positions...they don't like less wages and no health insurance and they don't like being poor. That's what they have after Bush. And unless you're retired and have been, you'd have gotten that by now.

Why Bush, he didn't creat there situation. Health insurance isn't a right. Minimum wage isn't a right. Being rich isn't a right. I'm know where near retirment age, i work for what i want and i don't want or give handouts. You think people deserve it and what the real poeple that earned there money to pay for the rest, good luck.
0 Replies

markx15

Reply Mon 11 Sep, 2006 09:23 am
@Brent cv,
You all seem to have forgotten one aspect of the last two elections, Bush won both, it is enough of a fact because there hasnt been a scrap of evidence otherwise, or do you believe that even the democrats want Bush in office? How can he continue to get reelected(without fraud) if everbody hates him? What your saying isn't that we should stop discriminating what we don't understand, you have mearly proposed that we let the other guy play opressor for a while. You pay a fixed number of taxes, depending on how much you make, how do you think they calculate the tax rates? First they predict how much they will most likely spend, then they charge taxes to pay those expensis and further better the country, you think there is poverty because somebody thought well I'll create poverty so that we can enrichen off their labor, thats not how it happened. Have you ever questioned were did they get the money to invest in the first place? As to what the Bush administration could do for this working class, they do no worse, and in many cases better than most countries, what are you comparing the USA to afterall? A perfect country? For such an assumption is far-fetched in the least, because it has never happened in human history. You on the other hand expect us to rise from having over 25 million people living under the set poverty line, to complete social equality? The american people might not like Bush, but they have shown that they prefer him to any candidate the democratic party has been able to scrounge up.
markx15

Reply Mon 11 Sep, 2006 09:32 am
@Brent cv,
If you would question that the poverty line is set by the government, you should be informed that it has been set as the absolute poverty line in the 1960's when the Johnson administration declared a "war on poverty" in 1964 it chose an absolute measure:"The "absolute poverty line" is the threshold below which families or individuals are considered to be lacking the resources to meet the basic needs for healthy living; having insufficient income to provide the food, shelter and clothing needed to preserve health."

Poverty in the United States - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Drnaline

Reply Mon 11 Sep, 2006 10:03 pm
@markx15,
markx15;4640 wrote:
If you would question that the poverty line is set by the government, you should be informed that it has been set as the absolute poverty line in the 1960's when the Johnson administration declared a "war on poverty" in 1964 it chose an absolute measure:"The "absolute poverty line" is the threshold below which families or individuals are considered to be lacking the resources to meet the basic needs for healthy living; having insufficient income to provide the food, shelter and clothing needed to preserve health."

Poverty in the United States - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
And who sets the poverty line for the rest of the world? I don't think it's the government. I boils down to economics.
0 Replies

markx15

Reply Mon 11 Sep, 2006 11:23 pm
@Brent cv,
The american poverty line of 1964:"The "absolute poverty line" is the threshold below which families or individuals are considered to be lacking the resources to meet the basic needs for healthy living".

The world declared poverty line: "Poverty is an economic condition of lacking both money and basic necessities needed to successfully live such as food, water, education, and shelter."

Pretty similar don't you think? The USA influence the world not only economicly, but also ideologicly. Yes at its core it does come back to economics, but who posseses the leading world economy? When the NY stock market takes a hit don't you think that snowballs around the world?
0 Replies

Drnaline

Reply Tue 12 Sep, 2006 09:21 pm
@Brent cv,
Sure there is a similarity. Your on the outside and were on the inside. And your saying you want in? Were saying earn it.
Economic's in our advantage means we earned it. No body gave it to us but it seems your trying to take it away from us, maybe by force?
Quote:

When the NY stock market takes a hit don't you think that snowballs around the world?

It sure does, because we own the market. But as speculation goes. Don't put all your eggs in one basket.
0 Replies

rstotler02

Reply Thu 14 Sep, 2006 02:12 pm
@Brent cv,
I just wanted to say that the comment about illegals is a little off. Inflation in this country has not only been affected by large deficits (although that is part of the problem), but because of the increased population (illegals). Money becomes more worthless when inflation goes up and as our population grows inflation grows as well. Money starts going out of the country more often, less money in the country so they decide to make more money to counteract this. But this means there's more money out there being used and by having this money become more abundant that means that people have more money to spend right? So the goods in the country become more expensive, which means you have to spend more money to buy them. Starting to get this. Think of it as supply and demand. Also the person who wants more money for the job is also paying his taxes from earning his money, whereas illegals don't pay taxes they use our money without limitation. You tell me why the Euro has surpassed the US dollar if our economy is so wonderful. They had a lot of sense in Europe and we'd be wise to follow suit and make a North American dollar, that way it can be used in the North American countries all the same. That way when employers want to pay illegals they can pay them in North American dollars instead of ruining our individual dollar. It may seem stupid to someone who hasn't seen the Euro in action, but it would be worth it if it brought the prices of goods down even a few cents in this country. Also, people don't want hand outs, they need them. I have people just like everyone else in this country that I can't believe get money from the government. That doesn't mean however that I want welfare to be abolished, i've known plenty of people who needed the help to get them back on their feet and they were living by the skin of their teeth then. Now they are off of it and are doing ok. I think if the government would focus on pumping money into welfare for people actively pursuing a degree in college it would be extremely beneficial and there may be a great chance that as many people wouldn't have to live on welfare anymore. Most people are right when they say the rich get richer and the poor get poorer. The poor are focused on surviving not schooling and they don't have the means to focus on making life better. The rich don't have a care and therefore can focus all of their attention on schooling and improving their lives further. You want to enforce your ideals, live a couple of months in their shoes then come back to me and tell me you had a way out outside of getting help from others.
0 Replies

Willie cv

Reply Sun 17 Sep, 2006 06:01 pm
@markx15,
markx15;4639 wrote:
You all seem to have forgotten one aspect of the last two elections, Bush won both, it is enough of a fact because there hasnt been a scrap of evidence otherwise, or do you believe that even the democrats want Bush in office? How can he continue to get reelected(without fraud) if everbody hates him? What your saying isn't that we should stop discriminating what we don't understand, you have mearly proposed that we let the other guy play opressor for a while. You pay a fixed number of taxes, depending on how much you make, how do you think they calculate the tax rates? First they predict how much they will most likely spend, then they charge taxes to pay those expensis and further better the country, you think there is poverty because somebody thought well I'll create poverty so that we can enrichen off their labor, thats not how it happened. Have you ever questioned were did they get the money to invest in the first place? As to what the Bush administration could do for this working class, they do no worse, and in many cases better than most countries, what are you comparing the USA to afterall? A perfect country? For such an assumption is far-fetched in the least, because it has never happened in human history. You on the other hand expect us to rise from having over 25 million people living under the set poverty line, to complete social equality? The american people might not like Bush, but they have shown that they prefer him to any candidate the democratic party has been able to scrounge up.

You're kidding. the wealthy have been told by Bush to not pay taxes anymore. The wealthy get themoney to invest from either the profits given them from workers doing their business functioning or from the government.

The standard of living in American is DROPPING. When did that become acceptable to AMericans/Republicans? Why would you think it is okay to be substandard to Japan and Europe and substandard to where Americans were 10 years ago? The poverty level is rising....why is that okay with you guys?

Bush lost the popular vote and Ohio is being contested...new voter fraud has been found and the culprit is a conservative group called ACORN.

Now, you pony up with your evidence and let's talk some more, shall we?
0 Replies

Brent cv

Reply Sun 17 Sep, 2006 06:13 pm
@Brent cv,
You say things like "Bush tells wealthy not to pay taxes" and then offer no proof only to ask others to show proof for their claims?
0 Replies

htmlmaster

Reply Sun 24 Sep, 2006 11:24 am
@Brent cv,
Of course they can! They have to eventually. The thing is, if they don't get one of the Houses this election, they probably won't be able to for a long time.