United States Sued for Slow Evacuation

Reply Mon 24 Jul, 2006 07:50 pm
Quote:
A leading Arab-American advocacy group has sued the U.S. government, claiming that it failed to protect American citizens from the fighting in Lebanon.

The lawsuit, filed Monday on behalf of about 30 American citizens by the American-Arab Anti-Discrimination Committee, alleges that Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice and Secretary of Defense Donald Rumsfeld did not take all possible steps to secure the safety and well being of U.S. citizens when fighting erupted between Israel and Hezbollah guerillas.

Full Story
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 1,717 • Replies: 7
No top replies

Drnaline

Reply Mon 24 Jul, 2006 08:25 pm
@Brent cv,
Crock of sheit. They chose not to heed two state department warnings.
0 Replies

jatuab

Reply Mon 24 Jul, 2006 08:56 pm
@Brent cv,
I'm outraged at our government! Why didn't they fly in and sweep the innocent civilians off of those planes that crashed on 9/11? SUE THE US!!!!!

The retards should have gotten out of Lebanon when the crap hit the fan.
0 Replies

Curmudgeon

Reply Tue 25 Jul, 2006 04:39 am
@Brent cv,
If they were tourists , they had return tickets , I'm sure . They had ample opportunity to leave on their own . You can also use your air ticket to travel by ship or train .
I don't think they have a leg to stand on in their suit .
NaterG

Reply Tue 25 Jul, 2006 11:20 am
@Curmudgeon,
Curmudgeon;4300 wrote:
If they were tourists , they had return tickets , I'm sure . They had ample opportunity to leave on their own . You can also use your air ticket to travel by ship or train .

perhaps not, but they are still going to tie up the courts and waste a lot of our tax money. These damn jugdes need to say enough is enough and quit letting idiots like these have there days in courts.
0 Replies

aprilcanadian

Reply Thu 5 Oct, 2006 11:55 am
@Brent cv,
could have been worse canada was much slower in evacuating......

anyways dont go to war ridden areas for your vacations unless your sure you can get your own ass out.
0 Replies

aprilcanadian

Reply Thu 5 Oct, 2006 11:57 am
@Curmudgeon,
Curmudgeon;4300 wrote:

actually they couldnt becuase the ships were blocked in/out and teh airports were bombed but that doesnt change teh fact people should question the wisdom of visiting any middle eastren country right now

westreners are especially desired hostages after all.
0 Replies

Curmudgeon

Reply Sat 7 Oct, 2006 09:36 pm
@Brent cv,
They knew about the conditions before the ports and airports were closed . They should have left then .
0 Replies