Should The Disabled Be Sacrificed For The Greater Good Of The Whole?

farmerman

Reply Tue 10 Aug, 2010 08:34 pm
@mark noble,
Quote:
Do interact with my threads if you have something valuable to add,{/quote}
How can anyone say anything valuable on a thread that proposes a "final solution" (and then tries to copout when challenged) . I would personally enjoy being on your ignore list, that way I wont have to read your threads .
0 Replies

wayne

Reply Tue 10 Aug, 2010 10:02 pm
Should the disabled be sacrificed for the greater good of the whole?

This could be an interesting question. Proposed, as it is, without any context, it could mean a lot of things.

We all should know that this is the natural order of things on our planet.
In nature, disabilities most often lead to the death of the disabled.
The disabled are unable to breed and pass on their genes.
Nature sacrifices the disabled for the greater good of the whole.

Does the question accuse the morality of nature?

Human beings are the only species with the ability and resources to actually do anything to prevent the sacrifice of the disabled. Is this ability in the interest of the greater good? Are we morally bound to do this, or is it that in the case of human intelligence being the desired trait, we are acting for the good of the whole?
Are mental disabilities an undesirable trait? Do physical disabilities really make much difference to the good of the whole?
If we have evolved the ability to prevent the sacrifice of the disabled, is it not in our best interest to do so?
0 Replies

Rockhead

Reply Tue 10 Aug, 2010 10:05 pm
@mark noble,
I've not been disruptive yet.

I promise...

0 Replies

aidan

Reply Tue 10 Aug, 2010 11:43 pm
@Fido,
Quote:
.You could do no worse, and there is no prize; but the suspense of waiting for the next big disaster to grow ripe and burst can be entertaining... Sort of.

I get to experience that vicariously through my friend. I told him his life reminds me of the line in the Bruce Springsteen song - For You- when Bruce sings: ' Your life is one long emergency...=

I think some people like that sort of thing- never a dull moment. I couldn't stand it myself. Are you sure you don't create those disasters, however subconsciously- for certain excitement and entertainment?
0 Replies

Fido

Reply Wed 11 Aug, 2010 10:15 am
@mark noble,
mark noble wrote:

Fido wrote:

I think just about anyone could be better at being me than me...It is a job I have mucked up beyond belief, and now it is far too late to set right... So If anyone wants to be me; step right up and try your hand at it...You could do no worse, and there is no prize; but the suspense of waiting for the next big disaster to grow ripe and burst can be entertaining... Sort of.

Hi Fido!

Cheer up, my friend! I think you're brilliant!

But aren't you projecting here? I mean, the self-disappointment and pessimism you are displaying is a vital part of "YOU". So what you are doing is projecting an idealistic personal vision of yourself. Which would not incorporate the true properties of "YOU".

I think you are just steam-letting though.

Have a fine evening Fido!
Mark...

What does it matter after all, since we cannot change selves, and can barely change ourselves when change is required... And the ability to remake ourselves to new conditions is a sign of intelligence; but the eagerness with which we face the t.v., giving up our own drama for the drama of others, trading our troubles in for an evening on the troubles of others shows me that my disatisfaction with self is not at all uncommon.

We only get one life, and getting it right is a full time job, but everything we do, including our jobs, removes us further from a perfection as human beings... What do our jobs ask of us... It is not art, but action, or efficiency... It is not truth, but certainty, a guarantee... It is no wonder philosophy grew in slave societies... When others are handed the drudgery, then others still can lift their eyes to heaven, lost in finding the foundations of the firmament...

The disabled are mislabeled... For them the existential question is always near at hand; so we should keep them for answers... What is there to life that makes it worth living even when it does not hold all the pleasures of good health and wealth for one as for another... If we seeem cursed as individuals then we are cursed as humanity, each forced to trade the joys of youth for the pangs of old age... Why do we do it??? Ask those who never get to run and jump and play... Ask those for whom life is one long travail, for of misfortune we all suffer our share, but of inhumanity humanity alone chooses how much it will suffer... And trust me on this: Were we today to rid ourselves of our burden of old and injured and maimed, then tomorrow it would be the poor and the less intelligent who would seem the burden so that the endless house cleaning would consume us all...

All my life I have been mobility for another... My older brother was eighty percent parlyzed by polio. I have rid myself of that burden only to find others, but as it stands, my brother is considered an asset to his employer, and a credit to his family... He takes from no one to make his living, and the experience of his life, in every sense, made my own... I would not be able to bear the weighty questions of morality were I not always, even from my birth, a beast of burden... When he fought we fought... When he hurt we hurt... What we enjoyed he enjoyed, often more than us, no less for being vicarious... Ask If I would rob from him his life, when I would wish his life on no one... He lives it; so let him... It is not fate that makes life horror, but choice made out of blind certainty of right... Ask the victims what is right... An ant has as much regard for his life as you do for yours...Good or bad; why do we all cling so to our lives??? It is because life is meaning..
0 Replies

Fido

Reply Wed 11 Aug, 2010 10:28 am
@mark noble,
mark noble wrote:

Hi CI!

Does insulting people's usernames make you feel good?
I find it rather shallow and childlike.
Do interact with my threads if you have something valuable to add, otherwise go away and press your ignore function thingy.

Cheers.
Mark...

He is right, you know... I am a phuc'in dawg; and a worse people... I have always been me; but the conditions that have made me are unique to me, and I don't really feel fit in with anyone... I feel for humanity, and that is my one connection... But then, I feel for all life, and with all life; and it is only with an apology that I can kill a fly...

What ever life hands me I will never be able to say I do not deserve it, good or ill... That is the price I pay for spitting in the eyes of God and society... That is why I am a dog... Just as I have learned that women are better than men, dogs are better than people...They tell you before they bite... They let you know when you are not welcome, and when they want to be friends... I brag that I learned all of my mothering skills from a dog, my dog, who gave her pups life, fed them and cleaned them and ate their puppy ****... And to be a parent often means eating a lot of kid **** too... So, I know, if I ever learn to be a good dog I will be a superior human being; and that is my goal, high enough and short of perfection...
0 Replies

Fido

Reply Thu 12 Aug, 2010 10:17 am
@spendius,
Quote:
spendius wrote:

The big laugh is that farmerman and cicerone the impostor have spent years vehemently promoting the teaching of evolutionary principles in every public school and the removal of Christian teaching from therein.

Right? Now mark noble's piece was obviously ironic just as Swift's "indecent proposal" that the Irish people should eat their babies to alleviate the famine was. It was intended to show anybody who has the slightest sympathy with the idea of the thread title what assholes they are.

In evolution disability is fatal and usually quickly. So farmerman and cicerone are promoting seriously, on a national scale, and against the wishes of a large majority, what mark suggested ironically for the purpose of rubbishing such ideas. And there is evidence that some regimes based in whole or in part on evolutionary principles have indeed culled disabled people or, at best, starved them of resources.

And he also warned disabled people not to overdo the rights we have granted them because the ones who do that, and there are some, spoil things for those disabled people who try to behave like the rest of us. Henry Miller wrote that he sometimes fancied being in a wheelchair with his legs off from war wounds so that he could behave badly with impunity.

So it looks to me that farmerman's indignation is not on behalf of disabled people but only on his own behalf and such subjectivity completely traduces any claims he makes, which he does often, to scientific objectivity. It also demonstrates a lack of a literary sensibility. The materialism he promotes knows no morality, except self interest, and he has been known to recommend punishments for those who have mental disabilities.

mark's acid treatment is the equivalent of Swift providing instructions for recipes ideal for baby cooking.

Where can I find that baby cook book...That man knew how to drop the hammer on all the rich ladies of England with their: What shall be done with all the starving Irish babies???

All the time the Irish were starving, food was being exported to England from Ireland, and if you would eat the baby's food, you may as well eat the baby too... But the sarcasm was lost on the gentle ladies, and they took offense at the very thought of eating an infant... Better to wring ones hands, and raise a voice in faux alarm than actually to make a stand for universal justice...We all have two faces, one behind the other, and the front one everyone sees, but the one behind only we know and never show, and reveal only accidently... We could not be evil unless thought good... We could not be stupid unless thought wise... If we made what we are -obvious, then we would be corrected by all as a child by its mother... Instead we keep it hidden...Is it possible to enjoy the pain and suffering of another???What humanity justifies for humanity it must itself endure... We wave the flag for death as though our champion, but death then takes us all... Was death ever our servant and never our master???

0 Replies

Telamon

Reply Wed 13 Oct, 2010 10:49 pm
What the hell happened to this thread? Come back after a month to find pot-holes and road-bumps all over it, not to mention the round-abouts. Has this thread concluded with a tirade from Fido?
HexHammer

Reply Thu 14 Oct, 2010 01:06 am
@Telamon,
Telamon wrote:

What the hell happened to this thread? Come back after a month to find pot-holes and road-bumps all over it, not to mention the round-abouts. Has this thread concluded with a tirade from Fido?
You are not excatly helping the situation, you are best putting Fido on ignore, as I deem him irrational and babbeling.

Here is a full argument of why Fido lacks rationallity.

http://able2know.org/topic/153300-4#post-4314345

http://able2know.org/group/philforum/topic/3947-5
0 Replies