Should The Disabled Be Sacrificed For The Greater Good Of The Whole?

hawkeye10

Reply Sat 3 Jul, 2010 02:14 am
@aidan,
Don't take it out on me, it is human nature. I speak truth, I don't make the truth...
aidan

Reply Sat 3 Jul, 2010 02:22 am
@hawkeye10,
But the question in the thread title is 'SHOULD the disabled be sacrificed for the greater good of the whole'?
It might be human nature to be self-involved and selfish to a point - I can't disagree with that- but do you think it should extend to the point that disabled people SHOULD be sacrificed for the greater good of the whole?

And honestly - I don't think it would make anything particularly better for the whole of society to rid itself of a subset of people who can teach them more about courage and survival and less about extraneous and materialistic surface bullshit than their perfect and able-bodied counterparts.

What would the perfect people gain by ridding themselves of these people? Just more of the same ****?

No - I think society would lose bigtime if we were to sacrifice the 'disabled' so that the perfect could feel more indulged and more perfect.
Pepijn Sweep

Reply Sat 3 Jul, 2010 02:25 am
@aidan,
From a Photographer I learned thât Imperfection is Beautiful.

Would economically disabled also be sacrificed ?
hawkeye10

Reply Sat 3 Jul, 2010 02:25 am
@aidan,
continuation of the species trumps moral niceties, so the answer is of course yes, the disabled should be thrown under the bus for the greater good if this is required for the survival of the human race. This is obvious, is beyond debate...
aidan

Reply Sat 3 Jul, 2010 02:30 am
@Pepijn Sweep,
Quote:
From a Photographer I learned thât Imperfection is Beautiful.

and interesting. Perfection is perfection - what else can you say about it?

Quote:
Would economically disabled also be sacrificed ?

I don't know - you'd have to ask Hawkeye... Laughing
hawkeye10

Reply Sat 3 Jul, 2010 02:34 am
@aidan,
Quote:
and interesting. Perfection is perfection - what else can you say about it?
Perfection is irrelevant, it is power that counts. Those who have the power to survive when not all can survive must be the one who do survive, if the species is to have any chance of success. Those with the best genes must prevail.
Pepijn Sweep

Reply Sat 3 Jul, 2010 02:49 am
@hawkeye10,
The genes matter less than U think. It's more about getting and providing economic and social status. U think America's elite is the best genetic pool in the world ?

Breeding aristocray has been a European tradition for centuries. The Habsburgs (both Spanish and Austrian branch) were pretty succesful in producing retarded offspring. Parlements gained power in the process.

hawkeye10

Reply Sat 3 Jul, 2010 02:53 am
@Pepijn Sweep,
Quote:
Breeding aristocray has been a European tradition for centuries. The Habsburgs (both Spanish and Austrian branch) were pretty succesful in producing retarded offspring. Parlements gained power in the process.
that is because breeding was not controlled by natural processes but rather by the artificial constructs of civilization. Had men been banging the most appealing females rather than those of the right families the results would have been completely different.
aidan

Reply Sat 3 Jul, 2010 02:55 am
@hawkeye10,
Yeah, but Hawkeye, that's the result you're going to get when the powerful want to keep the power.
Pepijn Sweep

Reply Sat 3 Jul, 2010 02:59 am
@hawkeye10,
hawkeye10 wrote:

Quote:
that is because breeding was not controlled by natural processes but rather by the artificial constructs of civilization. Had men been banging the most appealing females rather than those of the right families the results would have been completely different.

Thât's what Paris from Troy did with Helena from Sparta... The result of it all is an epic book or two and the collaps of a civilization.
0 Replies

hawkeye10

Reply Sat 3 Jul, 2010 03:07 am
@aidan,
and we all know (I hope) that power corrupts. It is critical that the masses retain the sense to know what the current reality is, if the situation is dire then the powerful must prevail. We know that they will always claim that they must. Disapproval and opposition to the will of the powerful must be exerted most of the time, as it is only a minority of the time that the claims of the powerful are valid.

This is what we see wrong in America now, that the presumption is that the claims of the powerful are always valid. When the SCOTUS decides that those who hold the wealth are allowed parley that wealth into political power then we as a society are pretty much fucked.
0 Replies

HexHammer

Reply Sat 7 Aug, 2010 06:22 pm
@mark noble,
If we begin to sacrifice the disabled, then who next? Our moral might slip and we might sacrifice races, POW's ..etc, when does it stop?

Maybe genetics in the future will be your solution.
mark noble

Reply Sat 7 Aug, 2010 07:20 pm
@HexHammer,
Hi Hex!

They plague our peaceful countryside - Take up all the near-store parking spots - They have inches to go to get to the beach (we park half a mile away), And they're no good for anything but demanding more of what suits THEM. None of them have a real job and quite a few of them smell of sweat.

Yes!! We should rid the world of them - Quickly in acid-pools (wheelchairs and all). And those who give birth to them should suffer the same fate!

Kind regards!
Mark...

farmerman

Reply Sat 7 Aug, 2010 08:24 pm
@mark noble,
That would, then, have to have included HAwking, Einstein (Autistic), Bell (progressive deafness), Isaac Newton and Edison.
mark noble

Reply Sun 8 Aug, 2010 05:31 am
@farmerman,
Hi Farmerman!

Of course! Glad to see we're om the same page...

Mark...
farmerman

Reply Sun 8 Aug, 2010 06:34 am
@mark noble,
Responding to your point never implies " sharing POVs".

Its taken a while to see that you are trying out some new act. My only admonition is not to do this in public where some cripple (like me) wont understand your lame attempts at humor and will pop you.

I dont know how you philofora guys are with handling pain, but some of us "Applieds" like to avoid it if we can.

mark noble

Reply Sun 8 Aug, 2010 11:31 am
@farmerman,
Hi!

My initial reply was to hexhammer, not you. It was sarcasm, not humour. As for us philiforumers - We couldn't give a toss for your opinions. Please do as your other members have had the sense to do - Press the "IGNORE" function.

Kind regards!
Mark...
farmerman

Reply Mon 9 Aug, 2010 06:40 am
@mark noble,
Thats the problem with many philo guys, never having answers bears no responsibility to acquire any. Philosophy is merely a nice way to throw your arms in tne air and declare some jejune point as relevant.

If nothing else, you can serve as an example of true laziness
0 Replies

HexHammer

Reply Mon 9 Aug, 2010 12:35 pm
@mark noble,
mark noble wrote:
They plague our peaceful countryside - Take up all the near-store parking spots - They have inches to go to get to the beach (we park half a mile away), And they're no good for anything but demanding more of what suits THEM. None of them have a real job and quite a few of them smell of sweat.

Yes!! We should rid the world of them - Quickly in acid-pools (wheelchairs and all). And those who give birth to them should suffer the same fate!
So when a terrible fate befalls you, we shall remember your words? Then you shall taste your own medicine?
mark noble

Reply Mon 9 Aug, 2010 12:55 pm
@HexHammer,
Hi Hex!

I was being sarcastic. I have an appeal for it of late.
How would you know if I was Ill, dead or anything for that matter?
I am a digital ghost that doesn't exist in your reality, other than on a screen.

You lot are no more than a 20 minute outlet to my reality. I am not trapped in this cyber world like you dipsticks. I have a life.

Anyway, Have a great day, Hex!
mark...