an even better question. what is the "perfect truth?"
Chights47

Reply Wed 13 Jul, 2011 09:22 am
@whatlifeforme,
What is "perfect truth" then?
hamilton

Reply Wed 13 Jul, 2011 09:42 am
@Chights47,
perfection does not exist. so nor does perfect truth, besides in a term.
Chights47

Reply Wed 13 Jul, 2011 10:02 am
@hamilton,
I know that, I'm just wondering what WLF's thoughts were on that. There's no sense in trying to end a discussion before it's even begun!
0 Replies

JPLosman0711

Reply Wed 13 Jul, 2011 10:27 am
@hamilton,
Dasein, as a constant structural whole, is perfection or 'truth'.
Fil Albuquerque

Reply Wed 13 Jul, 2011 10:50 am
@whatlifeforme,
Redundant...either there is truth or there isn't...if there is, then by its own definition it is perfect...

Interesting that the idea that there is no such thing as perfection is in itself a perfect final assertion...people often don't realise the depth of the traps they fall into...
0 Replies

Dasein

Reply Sat 16 Jul, 2011 08:44 am
@JPLosman0711,
'Perfection' and 'truth' are conceptual representations of 'Be'-ing. You, 'Be'-ing, show up long before you can accumulate the various characteristics you represent as 'perfection' and 'truth'. The problem is that you operate as if 'perfection' and 'truth' are 'things of this world' that can be asserted and proven by using length, width, height, depth, mass, and locality.

What is being missed in this discussion is that who you are is 'perfection' and 'truth' otherwise you couldn't turn it into some 'thing' to be asserted and proven.

Assertion and the provision of proof is how we entangle our 'self' in the 'having' and the 'doing' of the world (ie., that's where we hide). Every person I have spoken with (save 1 in about 10 million) has the 'flow' of life backwards. People are attempting to discover who they are through the acquisition of things, possessions, including concepts, (having) or through their job, their career, their philanthropy, etc. (doing). 'Having' and 'doing' are an inauthentic expressions of who you are if you haven't uncovered 'Be'-ing first. They will not lead you to discovering who you are.

In the 1960s (or so), Baba Ram Dass coined the phrase "Be, do, have". However, because of our entanglement in the world we express 'Be'-ing as "Have, do, Be". The flow of life (Have, do, Be) is headed in the wrong direction.

Just about all of what you read in this forum (hell, just about all of what you read) is leading you in the wrong direction. What you read is a representation of an asserted concept someone has acquired along with the attempt to provide proof.

The biggest problem in life is not that people don't know what the hell they are talking about. The biggest problem in life is that they don't know that they don't know.

Your question
JPLosman0711 wrote:
Dasein, as a constant structural whole, is perfection or 'truth'.
comes from a person who doesn't know that he doesn't know and is still trying to prove something.
Dasein

Reply Sun 17 Jul, 2011 09:07 am
@Dasein,
I have 2 modifications to make to my last post. 1) when I said:
Dasein wrote:
The biggest problem in life is not that people don't know what the hell they are talking about. The biggest problem in life is that they don't know that they don't know.
I should have more accurately said:
Dasein wrote:
The biggest problem in life is not that people don't know what the hell they are talking about. The biggest problem in life is that they have forgotten what they already know.
2) When I said:
Dasein wrote:
Your question comes from a person who doesn't know that he doesn't know and is still trying to prove something.
My response to JPLosman should have been:
Dasein wrote:
Your question comes from a person who has forgotten what he already knows and is still trying to prove something.
0 Replies

Bich0

Reply Tue 19 Jul, 2011 02:14 pm
truth is what you choose to believe.
Dasein

Reply Tue 19 Jul, 2011 04:55 pm
@Bich0,
Boy, is that self-serving and short-sighted or what? I'm glad I'm not living your life.

A conclusion is that place where humans, 'Be'-ing, get tired of thinking and stop questioning. They just go on defending their conclusions.

All animals when defending their territory will puff themselves up while making loud noises to look bigger than they are.
0 Replies