Every truth must be true

HexHammer

Reply Thu 5 Aug, 2010 06:28 am
@guigus,
Yearh yearh, whine whine ...but I'm right.
0 Replies

kennethamy

Reply Thu 5 Aug, 2010 08:01 am
@guigus,
guigus wrote:

1. Every truth is necessarily not false.
2. Being not false is necessarily being true.
3. Every truth is necessarily true.

2) It is you that must prove my logic is ill, ?)

Fallacy of equivocation. The equivocation is between:

A. Necessarily, every truth is true and,
B. Every truth is necessarily true.

As has already been explained to you more times than I want to remember.
HexHammer

Reply Thu 5 Aug, 2010 09:34 am
@kennethamy,
K-A as usual all these equations lacks severly in rationallity.

A scitzo dude who thinks the TV sends him subliminal messages, is his truth, but not ours.

Most politicians will lie, but the populus will think the words are true, when they only contain some truth.

Sometimes people will jump to conclusions and make a wrong statemen they think are true.

...thus truth isn't always truth.

HexHammer

Reply Thu 5 Aug, 2010 09:36 am
@guigus,
guigus wrote:

1) Of course I know exactly what your rhetoric means, what I cannot find is your argumentation.
2) It is you that must prove my logic is ill, and you won't do it with such rhetoric posts (by the way, you are misspelling the word rhetoric as well - perhaps this is a habit of yours).
3) What seems to me to lack rationality is this post of yours, since it presents no single argument regarding my reasoning - just... rhetoric (without the misspelling). Are you incapable of arguing? (does that "disease" have a name?)
1) so you need simple things spelled out for you to grasp it?

2) it's already done with my arguments which you can't grasp

3) this disease is "laconicism".
0 Replies

thack45

Reply Thu 5 Aug, 2010 09:55 am
@HexHammer,
HexHammer wrote:

A scitzo dude who thinks the TV sends him subliminal messages, is his truth, but not ours.

Most politicians will lie, but the populus will think the words are true, when they only contain some truth.

Sometimes people will jump to conclusions and make a wrong statemen they think are true.

But aren't these examples of simply saying or believing things that are not true are true? If one says that something is true that is not true, that would not make it true. And if he knows that it is not true when he says that it is true, he is merely lying.
HexHammer

Reply Thu 5 Aug, 2010 10:15 am
@thack45,
No?
kennethamy

Reply Thu 5 Aug, 2010 10:16 am
@HexHammer,
HexHammer wrote:

What you mean is that what is sometimes believed true is not true. Not that what is true isn't true. You are confusing what is believed true with what is true.
thack45

Reply Thu 5 Aug, 2010 10:52 am
@HexHammer,
Exactly.
0 Replies

HexHammer

Reply Thu 5 Aug, 2010 01:29 pm
@kennethamy,
kennethamy wrote:

HexHammer wrote:

What you mean is that what is sometimes believed true is not true. Not that what is true isn't true. You are confusing what is believed true with what is true.
What you mean is that truth is subjective. Truth can be manipulated, truth can be misunderstood.
guigus

Reply Thu 5 Aug, 2010 07:46 pm
@HexHammer,
HexHammer wrote:

kennethamy wrote:

HexHammer wrote:

What you mean is that truth is subjective. Truth can be manipulated, truth can be misunderstood.

How could you say? Do you know what truth is?
HexHammer

Reply Thu 5 Aug, 2010 08:00 pm
@guigus,
guigus wrote:
Yes, it's for naive rainbowchasers, people who lack rationallity. Those who are easy to manipulate, truth is but a demagogues weapon.
guigus

Reply Thu 5 Aug, 2010 08:10 pm
@HexHammer,
HexHammer wrote:

guigus wrote:
Yes, it's for naive rainbowchasers, people who lack rationallity. Those who are easy to manipulate, truth is but a demagogues weapon.

Is this true? I hope not, since I don't want you to manipulate me.
HexHammer

Reply Thu 5 Aug, 2010 08:21 pm
@guigus,
guigus wrote:

HexHammer wrote:

guigus wrote:

You just need to be enlighten.
guigus

Reply Sat 7 Aug, 2010 02:19 am
@HexHammer,
HexHammer wrote:

guigus wrote:

HexHammer wrote:

guigus wrote:

You just need to be enlighten.

Do you mean enlightened? And if so, do you mean enlightened by you?
HexHammer

Reply Sat 7 Aug, 2010 04:19 am
@guigus,
guigus wrote:
The sad thing, you need very simple things spelled out. Just a few posts before, I presented all there is to the matter, and you missed it, you need your head dragged to it and rubbed against it, so is it with people who usually gets their knowledge through books.
guigus

Reply Sat 7 Aug, 2010 08:06 am
@HexHammer,
HexHammer wrote:

guigus wrote:
The sad thing, you need very simple things spelled out. Just a few posts before, I presented all there is to the matter, and you missed it, you need your head dragged to it and rubbed against it, so is it with people who usually gets their knowledge through books.

And I am supposed to review all your posts looking for the one in which you "presented all there is to the matter"? You are joking, right?

How about discussing the following reasoning (with arguments instead of rhetoric and/or insults):

OK, let us go for a language you appear to understand: the most basic principle of Aristotelian logic, the principle of identity, "A is A." Or, which is the same: "A must be A" (otherwise, A would not be A, which would violate the principle of identity). Would you say that "A must be A" has a different meaning than "it must be that A is A"? Or that "necessarily if A then A" does not mean "if A then necessarily A"? I hope not. Well, since A is whatever I wish, it can be a truth, right? So a truth must be a truth. Finally, since being a truth is the same as being true (for whatever is untrue is not a truth), then we have: every truth must be true.
HexHammer

Reply Sat 7 Aug, 2010 10:32 am
@guigus,
guigus wrote:
OK, let us go for a language you appear to understand: the most basic principle of Aristotelian logic, the principle of identity, "A is A." Or, which is the same: "A must be A" (otherwise, A would not be A, which would violate the principle of identity). Would you say that "A must be A" has a different meaning than "it must be that A is A"? Or that "necessarily if A then A" does not mean "if A then necessarily A"? I hope not. Well, since A is whatever I wish, it can be a truth, right? So a truth must be a truth. Finally, since being a truth is the same as being true (for whatever is untrue is not a truth), then we have: every truth must be true.
Because you guys doesn't inclue the "uncertainty" factor into your equation, thus only by logic you can't discovery lies, uncertainty, misunderstanding, multiple truth ..etc.
..it should be very simle, formal logic is for idiots by idiot, why people only using logic often fails utterly with simple jobs.

Formal logic is only what I call "liniar", but if you do indeed posess greater logic, then solve this challged http://able2know.org/topic/152868-1
guigus

Reply Sat 7 Aug, 2010 11:17 am
@HexHammer,
HexHammer wrote:

guigus wrote:
Because you guys doesn't inclue the "uncertainty" factor into your equation, thus only by logic you can't discovery lies, uncertainty, misunderstanding, multiple truth ..etc.
..it should be very simle, formal logic is for idiots by idiot, why people only using logic often fails utterly with simple jobs.

Formal logic is only what I call "liniar", but if you do indeed posess greater logic, then solve this challged http://able2know.org/topic/152868-1

I am also not exactly a fan of formal logic, as you can testify by reading the almost totality of my previous posts. But it is not calling logicians "idiots" that you will transcend it: by doing that you just make yourself look an idiot.
HexHammer

Reply Sat 7 Aug, 2010 11:23 am
@guigus,
guigus wrote:
I am also not exactly a fan of formal logic, as you can testify by reading the almost totality of my previous posts. But it is not calling logicians "idiots" that you will transcend it: by doing that you just make yourself look an idiot.
I don't try solve great mysteries of life with logic, unlike so many others, and it pains me so that they can't realize their folly.
guigus

Reply Sat 7 Aug, 2010 11:26 am
@HexHammer,
HexHammer wrote:

guigus wrote:
I don't try solve great mysteries of life with logic, unlike so many others, and it pains me so that they can't realize their folly.

If you mean formal logic, I agree, but logic is much more than formal logic, and whatever made you conclude formal logic wouldn't help you, it has its own logic, be it true or false.
0 Replies