Santa Claws, Santa Clause Or Santa Cause?

mark noble

Reply Wed 23 Jun, 2010 07:21 pm
@Robert Gentel,
Hi Robert,
Thank you for your kind support. I know what he's doing, and I figure if I let him - Someone else gets a break.
I really am invulnerable to his kind.
Thank you once more Robert, The decent people here far outweigh the not so...
Kindest of regards.
Mark...
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Wed 23 Jun, 2010 07:25 pm
@mark noble,
No, you're not very good at rhetorical exchange. You sling abuse about, you insult others--what you don't do is support a position in a reasonable manner. It's precisely because i am paying attention that this is all so obvious.

I don't purchase other sites. "You guys" don't purchase other sites. The representative of the purchasing organization posts here, if you're interested you could ask that question.

No, it's not a good description. You've no realistic basis of evidence for your conclusion, and i suspect that you are simply motivated by a prissy anger at being contradicted and criticized. And, once again, i have no reason to assume that you are qualified to make psychological judgments of others.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Wed 23 Jun, 2010 07:27 pm
@Robert Gentel,
That's a very good description of how you've treated me for years now. It's good advice you're giving, too. Essentially, i've learned to ignore your inept criticisms.

None of that changes my intention to continue to point out bullshit when i see it.
mark noble

Reply Wed 23 Jun, 2010 07:29 pm
@farmerman,
Hi Farmerman,
I agree with you entirely. But to not add the slightly one-sidedness doesn't tend to provoke a distinct response. People tend to flitter by unless they perceive some sort of attack on their ethical or moral standards. I'm just up for good discussion here, that's all.

Thank you Farmerman. I am a dad myself, my daughter is 19 and loving every minute of it.
Kind regards, sir.
mark...
0 Replies

JustBrooke

Reply Wed 23 Jun, 2010 07:33 pm
I don't see Mark's question as being dull witted at all. Should you or should you not lie to your children about Santa has been debated for years. Seems a fair enough discussion IMO.

My take on it, Mark, is that Santa is magical at a young age. I think children should regard Santa as being the spirit of giving that should live in all of us. I think I always knew that my Daddy was the TRUE Santa, just as he is for me today. No matter what man I love in life, no one will quite touch the little girl side of me and make me feel the excitement at Christmas like my Dad did and does.

Santa rules! Very Happy And that's all I have to say about that!

Hang in there, Mark!

Shapeless

Reply Wed 23 Jun, 2010 07:51 pm
@JustBrooke,
Quote:
I don't see Mark's question as being dull witted at all. Should you or should you not lie to your children about Santa has been debated for years. Seems a fair enough discussion IMO.

That's not really the bit that has sparked all this incredulity. It was more the suggestion that telling one's kids about Santa Clause might cause them to "subliminally question everything you tell them or have told them... from that point onward." That kind of histrionic abstraction tends not to fly well on this site, where people are a little more prone to test theories against actual practice. I think this particular thought experiment contradicts practice so utterly that a certain amount of incredulity was pretty much inevitable.
0 Replies

mark noble

Reply Wed 23 Jun, 2010 08:25 pm
@Setanta,
Hi Setanta,
You persist in returning to this thread as does a dog to its vomit or a fool to his folly. If you want a semantic battle, you're not going to get one.
You do have a schizoid personality and you are, INDEED, ginger.

Why all the attention seeking anyway??? Want my opinion???

Mark...
ehBeth

Reply Wed 23 Jun, 2010 08:31 pm
@farmerman,
farmerman wrote:

Your question was "do not lies beget lies"?

I can tell that you're engaging in a bit of prevarication from your opening of this thread to the more dismissive attitude of this page
mark noble

Reply Wed 23 Jun, 2010 08:42 pm
@ehBeth,
ehBeth wrote:

farmerman wrote:

Your question was "do not lies beget lies"?

I can tell that you're engaging in a bit of prevarication from your opening of this thread to the more dismissive attitude of this page

And?......

Mark...
0 Replies

parados

Reply Wed 23 Jun, 2010 08:51 pm
@mark noble,
mark noble wrote:

Of course I did, I imagined I was many characters, not all at once I might add, I never believed in Santa, God or tooth-fairies though. And my parents never forced them on me either. I also celebrated Xmas, and was showered with gifts too, the same as any household. I enjoyed growing up.

Did the willingness to live a fantasy life of your own cause you to lie to others? Did it cause you to question the reality of what others told you? I doubt it.

I think it would make for a very dull and uninteresting life if people weren't able to pretend about things. That includes pretending for others to fascinate them and to give them a world of wonder and excitement. To argue that this leads to distrust shows a rather narrow world view. It opens up the world far beyond what is just in front of you.
mark noble

Reply Wed 23 Jun, 2010 09:00 pm
@parados,
Hi Parodos,
I haven't argued that - I merely posed the question to others.
Thank you for your opinion though, I happen to agree, by the way.
Kind regards
Mark...
parados

Reply Wed 23 Jun, 2010 09:03 pm
@mark noble,
However, when adults continually take a position that is antithetical to their own beliefs it does begin to look like a pathology. I wonder how long you will last here before people no longer wish to converse with you if you are going to seem to take a far out position just to get a rise out of people.
mark noble

Reply Wed 23 Jun, 2010 09:25 pm
@parados,
Hi Parados,
I don't intend to be here long, my friend.
Best regards
Mark...
0 Replies

thack45

Reply Wed 23 Jun, 2010 09:35 pm
@mark noble,
mark noble wrote:

I merely posed the question to others.
You've certainly belabored this point. Laughing It seems it is at times difficult to ask a question and not be inherently presumed as in some particular favor of the subject of the question. Such is thinking aloud, I suppose...
0 Replies

thack45

Reply Wed 23 Jun, 2010 09:41 pm
@Setanta,
Setanta wrote:

None of that changes my intention to continue to point out bullshit when i see it.
So this is why you're here. Well, I for one would like to thank you for the contributions I've seen thus far. Truly inspiring.
OCCOM BILL

Reply Thu 24 Jun, 2010 10:14 am
@thack45,
Laughing
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Thu 24 Jun, 2010 03:18 pm
@mark noble,
I'm beginning to think that i was wrong to assume that you are intelligent, and just posting dull-witted drivel--rather, it seems that you might truly be dull-witted and that kind of drivel is all you can post.

Once again, i know of no morbid psychological condition which is described as "schizoid," once again, i know of no reason to assume that you are qualified to make such judgments.

The evidence that you may well be dull-witted is in your asking me if i want your opinion. It ought to have been clear to you quite some time ago that i don't have the least interest in your opinion.
Setanta

Reply Thu 24 Jun, 2010 03:19 pm
@thack45,
You're welcome, Thack. It's been my pleasure, i assure you.
0 Replies

chai2

Reply Thu 24 Jun, 2010 03:22 pm
@parados,
parados wrote:

I wonder how long you will last here before people no longer wish to converse with you if you are going to seem to take a far out position just to get a rise out of people.

You're just now figuring that out?

Have a fabulous bowel movement, mr. baby on a toilet reading a newspaper boy.
cheers
0 Replies

djjd62

Reply Thu 24 Jun, 2010 03:31 pm
Shocked

what is it you guys are saying about Santa, you're scaring me Crying or Very sad
0 Replies