Santa Claws, Santa Clause Or Santa Cause?

Setanta

Reply Wed 23 Jun, 2010 11:59 am
I see we have not yet plumbed the depths of MN's intellectual hebetude.
mark noble

Reply Wed 23 Jun, 2010 02:49 pm
@Setanta,
Setanta wrote:

I see we have not yet plumbed the depths of MN's intellectual hebetude.

Hi Setanta,
Haven't seen you for a while. You can only plumb what I provide you with. If you are certain I provide nonsensicality - How do you know it is not my intent to do so?
Anyway - Have a splendid day, sir.
Mark...
farmerman

Reply Wed 23 Jun, 2010 04:26 pm
Years ago, when the kids were young, I really got my mom pissed at me for a Christmas breakfast I made. I used to make up different additives to put into pancakes or waffles . Like Id spread grape jelly between waffles and serve em up as "Waffles injected with alien brains". The christmas breakfast I made was servings of dollar pancakes with hershey kisses in the batter. I called em "reindeer poop pancakes". I was a hero and my kids loved em. My mom, kinda a strait arrow like MN , was incensed. Being a really big time Catholic, she stated that I was not teaching the kids about truth and honnesty. I said toy mom, "Well mom (this has been modified after years of retelling so I come off looking really smartass). These are my kids, you had your chance with me and I think I appreciate creativity more than some rules of behavior.

I wanted my kids to understand the differences between fantasy and reality and what part of fantasy plays into our creative sides.
Santa Claus , responsible for the recipefor reindeer poop pancakes was my alter ego and the kids never had a difficukt transition to the day when Santa Claus, just like an Easter Bunny, had to be put away with the box of toys that we still have in the attic (Gotta get rid of em but, somehow when I go through the box, I recall little things about almost each one.
What the hell.
mark noble

Reply Wed 23 Jun, 2010 04:40 pm
@farmerman,
Hi Farmerman,
I'm not against Santa, or parents instilling make-believe and pretence. Or the traditions that folk follow. I'm only curious as to how others perceive it, that's all. I don't condemn anyone for doing these things or the things themselves.
But, do not lies beget lies? And therefore create a licence to lie?

Thank you Farmerman, for your replies, but please don't miss-judge me on this.
Kind regards.
Mark...
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Wed 23 Jun, 2010 05:10 pm
@mark noble,
Hebetude does not mean nonsense--so now we have a further clue to your shortcomings. It means dull-witted, and in that regard, you never fail to deliver.

Have a really lousy day, and a nightmarish evening, Bubba.
mark noble

Reply Wed 23 Jun, 2010 05:32 pm
@Setanta,
Hi Ginger dog,
I just use the word "dull". Do you feel the need to be pedantic to somehow enhance a lacking quality (low self-esteem, maybe)?
I can help you with that if you like?
I'm really quite good with rectifying animal-behavioural problems - especially in dogs.
May the best of all things embrace your day.
Mark...
Setanta

Reply Wed 23 Jun, 2010 05:44 pm
@mark noble,
Quote:
I can help you with that if you like?

You frame that as a question. I assume that means you don't know if you can help me. I'll clear that up for you. Since i don't have the problem you allege, no, you can't help me. Try using my screen name, or an abbreviation of it--neither of which is "ginger dog." However, if you would prefer to just make up names for people, how about if i just address you in future as fuckwad.

May you break out in suppurating boils.
mark noble

Reply Wed 23 Jun, 2010 05:51 pm
@Setanta,
Hi,
So you're just posting to call me names?
Just because I offered to help you with your inferiority complex?
That's the silliest thing I've heard today.
Have a great day, nonetheless.
Mark...
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Wed 23 Jun, 2010 05:56 pm
No, i'm neither posting to call you names, nor because i have an inferiority complex--i don't, and even if i did, it certainly would not be engaged by a weak reed such as yourself. I didn't call you any names, anyway. Here we have another example of just how pathetic your rhetorical skills are. You have to allege personality defects in me, to make yourself look superior, because you cannot handle the rhetoric. And you felt obliged to address me without reference to my screen name. I was just putting you on notice of the consequences of continuing not to address me by my screen name.

Here's hoping your hair begins, inexplicably, to fall out in clumps.
mark noble

Reply Wed 23 Jun, 2010 06:03 pm
@Setanta,
Hi,
At the onset of this weirdness you called me dull-witted. And now you say you're not her to call me names - This is odd to me. What fun can you possibly get from that? If this is some battle of wits you play with people to unnerve or sedate them - It's not likely to work on me, is it? I haven't alleged anything - I have only observed your behaviour.

I now believe you to have a Scizoid personality, but that's for you to contend with, not me.

Kind regards.
mark...
parados

Reply Wed 23 Jun, 2010 06:11 pm
So Mark...
I am curious as to how you played as a child?

Didn't you imagine yourself as someone else? Some sports hero or perhaps an historical figure? Wouldn't that be a lie? How did you live with yourself?
Setanta

Reply Wed 23 Jun, 2010 06:16 pm
I didn't call you dull-witted--once again, your rhetorical skills are pathetic. I referred to your intellectual hebetude. I don't know if you are dull-witted, but i do know that the drivel you post here is dull-witted. I don't post for fun, while at the same time, i don't take it very seriously or personally.

However, you'll find that people here, including me, are wont to call "Bullshit!" when they see bullshit posted. People do it to me, too. If you can't stand the heat, stay out of the kitchen.

It's really hilarious to see you complain about name calling--you've been consistently attempting to suggest that i have any one of a number of personality disorders in the attempt to discredit me as a rhetorical opponent. You'd get bounced from any decent high school debating team for that kind of tactic.

Here's hoping the internal revenue audits you.
mark noble

Reply Wed 23 Jun, 2010 06:25 pm
@parados,
Hi Parados,
Of course I did, I imagined I was many characters, not all at once I might add, I never believed in Santa, God or tooth-fairies though. And my parents never forced them on me either. I also celebrated Xmas, and was showered with gifts too, the same as any household. I enjoyed growing up.

Don't overlook the opening post on this.... I am only asking what others think. I am not applying my own opinion, so why do you ask what you ask?

Kind regards, Parados.
mark...
GoshisDead

Reply Wed 23 Jun, 2010 06:29 pm
@mark noble,
mark noble wrote:

Hi,
At the onset of this weirdness you called me dull-witted. And now you say you're not her to call me names - This is odd to me. What fun can you possibly get from that? If this is some battle of wits you play with people to unnerve or sedate them - It's not likely to work on me, is it? I haven't alleged anything - I have only observed your behaviour.

I now believe you to have a Scizoid personality, but that's for you to contend with, not me.

Kind regards.
mark...

Shouldn't that have read "that is for you guys to contend with, not me" ?
mark noble

Reply Wed 23 Jun, 2010 06:41 pm
@Setanta,
Hi Setanta,
I am not competing with you, whatever gives you the idea that I am?
In referring to my intellectual hebetetude, you are inferring that my intellect (a vital component in what it is to be me) is "Dull-witted" - Hence, referring to me as "Dull-witted". Is this not correct?

I have no need to enter a rhetorical debate with you. I do post for fun, and for serious discussion. It's down to you to determine which is which. And I don't take anything personally. How can I, you're just an image on a screen - I can switch you off, if I so choose, but I don't because you don't offend me.

What "Heat"? There is no heat here, this is like nursery-school compared to the real world.

I'm not trying to discredit you either - I truly believe you have a Schizoid personality - I'm not implying it will develop or that it requires attention, just saying, that's all. It's not a bad thing, you know.

I don't play team-games or get a kick from triumphing over others. Everyone is equal in my eyes - No winners, no losers.

I do like your final gestures in your posts though. They make me smile.
I also appreciate the virtual lack of profanity from you of late.
Kind regards.
Mark...

mark noble

Reply Wed 23 Jun, 2010 06:43 pm
@GoshisDead,
Hi Russ,
Thank you for the laughter that now pervades my hebetetudal essence.
Kind regards.
mark...
Setanta

Reply Wed 23 Jun, 2010 06:52 pm
@mark noble,
Absolutely nothing i've written suggested that i think you are attempting to compete with me. You're really not very good at this sort of thing.

No, it is not correct. The only evidence we have to go on is what you post here. The manner of your posting, although it displays a not very high standard of English usage, suggests that you are intelligent. However, the subjects of your threads which i have seen are, essentially, drivel. That you might be intelligent, and still offer nothing clever or worthwhile in your threads is not a contradiction.

If you don't want to engage in rhetoric, what are you doing here? Why are you asking people questions (for all that they are dull-witted questions) at a site devoted to rhetorical exchange? Perhaps you are confused as to what goes on here. If you post for serious discussion, how is that you allege that you don't want to enter into rhetorical debate? Did you think that discussion here would never involve people contradicting you? Did you think it would never involve people criticizing you? That's the heat that you can't seem to take.

I know of no reason to assume that you are qualified to judge if i have, or anyone else has, a "schizoid" personality. (You don't seriously think that's a valid description of a morbid psychological condition, do you?) It's hilarious, though, to see you whine about insults while making remarks of that character. If there is anything "schizoid" going on here, it's you making slurs about my personality, and then finishing your remarks with that smarmy, phony "best regards" bullshit.

O wad some Power the giftie gie us. To see oursels as ithers see us!

You should take that to heart. From what i've seen of the drivel you post here, i consider you to be as phony as a three dollar bill.

Worst regards.
farmerman

Reply Wed 23 Jun, 2010 07:01 pm
@mark noble,
Your question was "do not lies beget lies"? Perhaps, but your job as a parent (if you are a parent I commend this practice to you), is to make sure your kids understand the value of pretend, play , story telling, and creativity. (These are all great teaching opportunities).
Worrying about what begets what is gonna make you miss whats really important. ANy time a kid starts showing difficulty in telling truth from lie, this is a pathology . SOmewhere theres a "nature v nurture" disconnect going on where the lessons you give (BY EXAMPLE cause you can yell and scream at kids and they will still lie). When you, in your daily dealings are strait up and honest , your kids will be that way too. And messin with Santa Claus or even "reindeer pooppancakes "for a few years isnt gonna leave an indelible mark or start off the career of a Charlie Manson .

Id say relax and try not to make more of this stuff. I can tell that youre engaging in a bit of prevarication from your opening of this thread to the more dismissive attitude oif this page If I was a kid Id catch on to that as an example of "situational ethics" . Dont you think?
Robert Gentel

Reply Wed 23 Jun, 2010 07:03 pm
Mark, I'd personally recommend ignoring instead of rising to the bait. Some people like to put others down incessantly and are sometimes not worth indulging.
mark noble

Reply Wed 23 Jun, 2010 07:16 pm
@Setanta,
Hi Setanta....Again.
Not very good at what sort of thing? I am NOT playing your silly mind games. Abuse and insult me, my literal skills, my intellect or whatever. I just don't care... It doesn't affect me....Are you not paying attention?

I have read some of the threads here, and I would say that 80% of them are drivel. Isn't that why you guys purchase and absorb other sites, because all these years of the same old, same old has driven you to it? I never came here on the off-chance. I followed my fellows.

As for the rest of your post I just can't be bothered.
And I'm not complaining about the insults...I don't care.

Schizoid personality - Emotionally cold, self-sufficient and detached from others. (Got that from the absence of friends on your homepage and your general attitude)
Incapable of expressing affection or tenderness or making intimate friendships (Never seen you express affection or tenderness, not to me anyway).
They pursue a lonely course through life and their usually solitary habits tend to be intellectual rather than practical.

Is this not a good description of what I have so far observed of your nature?

Mark...

Mark...