"....one sergeant tells McChrystal: "Sir, some of the guys here, sir, think we're losing, sir." "

electronicmail

Reply Tue 22 Jun, 2010 11:47 am
@Cycloptichorn,
Very Happy Arrow so if YOU think that in YOUR eyes
Quote:
.....it makes you look like a ******* moron
then WHY do you keep posting on my thread?

It's not like you got anything to contribute. Nobody who has to look up in Wikipedia the difference between 8 and 10 does. Mind posting someplace else, you're too stupid to be funny .
Cycloptichorn

Reply Tue 22 Jun, 2010 11:49 am
@electronicmail,
electronicmail wrote:

Very Happy Arrow so if YOU think that in YOUR eyes
Quote:
.....it makes you look like a ******* moron
then WHY do you keep posting on my thread?

It's not your thread. It's everyone's thread, and anyone can post anywhere they like. You don't own it.

Quote:
It's not like you got anything to contribute, having to look up in Wikipedia the difference between 8 and 10. Mind posting someplace else, you're too stupid to be funny .

You ought to at least have the decency to admit how ******* wrong you were. You were 100% wrong.

I guess, given your stated position as a Tea-partier, that expecting your to understand basic math is too much to ask. I wonder why, if you aren't willing to be accurate or admit when you were wrong, you think anyone would care what your opinion on anything is at all?

Cycloptichorn
0 Replies

BumbleBeeBoogie

Reply Tue 22 Jun, 2010 12:16 pm
@snood,
Snood, I posted my information before I noticed your post.

I was very disappointed when President Obama made his decision to increase the troops and persue the Taliban. I thought it was a terrible mistake.

I was further disappointed because I think Obama's decision was based on more then just the war. I think it was tainted by polical considerations as well as war.

The decision rational, as I understand it, Obama wanted to prevent al Qaeda from returning to Afghanistan. I puzzled about this for a long time and decided that I would prefer to see the remnants of al Qaeda return to Afghanistan because they would be more exposed and easier to spot and attack there rather than in Pakistan. We could attack them with Drones with less loss of life.

The government in Afghanistan is corrupt and incompetent. Iraq is only slightly better. I would like to see our troops leave both Iraq and Afghanistan by December 2010. We never should have attacked and occupied both countries. al Qaeda and it's supporters will continue to attack us here or abroad as long as we occupy Muslim countries.

BBB

snood

Reply Tue 22 Jun, 2010 02:53 pm
@BumbleBeeBoogie,
BumbleBeeBoogie wrote:

Snood, I posted my information before I noticed your post.

I was very disappointed when President Obama made his decision to increase the troops and persue the Taliban. I thought it was a terrible mistake.

I was further disappointed because I think Obama's decision was based on more then just the war. I think it was tainted by polical considerations as well as war.

The decision rational, as I understand it, Obama wanted to prevent al Qaeda from returning to Afghanistan. I puzzled about this for a long time and decided that I would prefer to see the remnants of al Qaeda return to Afghanistan because they would be more exposed and easier to spot and attack there rather than in Pakistan. We could attack them with Drones with less loss of life.

The government in Afghanistan is corrupt and incompetent. Iraq is only slightly better. I would like to see our troops leave both Iraq and Afghanistan by December 2010. We never should have attacked and occupied both countries. al Qaeda and it's supporters will continue to attack us here or abroad as long as we occupy Muslim countries.

BBB

I understand, BBB. I think one of the things that anguishes me about Obama's presidency is that I think he has a lot of purely progressive instincts. In a perfect world, I believe he would already have closed Guantanamo, ended DADT, added a public option to healthcare and withdrawn from both Iraq and Afghanistan theatres of engagement.

I know no one wants to hear it, but he has to operate within the system he found when he got there. In that system, ideals have to be balanced with what can be sold politically. In the final analysis, I'd much rather have him accomplish as much good as he can than fall on his righteous sword in support of a cause. and I don't think that's either an easy road to negotiate, or the kind of path that any of us would truly know what it's like.
ossobuco

Reply Tue 22 Jun, 2010 03:10 pm
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2010/06/22/rolling-stone-mcchrystal-_n_621100.html

McChrystal submits resignation.
ossobuco

Reply Tue 22 Jun, 2010 03:18 pm
@ossobuco,
Scroll down on that link to find the breaking news..
0 Replies

electronicmail

Reply Tue 22 Jun, 2010 03:30 pm
@snood,
Quote:
In the final analysis, I'd much rather have him accomplish as much good as he can than fall on his righteous sword in support of a cause. and I don't think that's either an easy road to negotiate, or the kind of path that any of us would truly know what it's like.

Anybody honorable (and McChrystal obviously belongs in that category) instantly KNOWS what "fall on his righteous sword" MEANS. That YOU don't speaks volumes about YOU, not about McChrystal,
Butrflynet

Reply Tue 22 Jun, 2010 03:47 pm
@electronicmail,
electronicmail

Reply Tue 22 Jun, 2010 03:56 pm
@Butrflynet,
Ma'am, I didn't watch the video demo of your assorted appendages but I believe what you posted. Every word of it. Is it too much to ask how your appendages relate to Afghanistan?
Butrflynet

Reply Tue 22 Jun, 2010 04:10 pm
@electronicmail,
It doesn't relate to Afghanistan. It does relate to my impression of all the inane "measuring" in this thread.
0 Replies

Cycloptichorn

Reply Tue 22 Jun, 2010 04:11 pm
@electronicmail,
She was talking about you Laughing

Cycloptichorn

edit: too late, lol
0 Replies

snood

Reply Tue 22 Jun, 2010 04:14 pm
@electronicmail,
electronicmail wrote:

Quote:
In the final analysis, I'd much rather have him accomplish as much good as he can than fall on his righteous sword in support of a cause. and I don't think that's either an easy road to negotiate, or the kind of path that any of us would truly know what it's like.

Anybody honorable (and McChrystal obviously belongs in that category) instantly KNOWS what "fall on his righteous sword" MEANS. That YOU don't speaks volumes about YOU, not about McChrystal,

I've been trying to cut you a little leeway until you have enough posts under your belt here to know which way is up, but Cyclops pegged you right. You really do need to try to own the garbage you are spewing all over the place, and stop attacking people based on absolutely nothing. If YOU have any honor at all, you could start by admitting that Cyclops was right, and you were wrong about how long we've been in Afghanistan.

You know absolutely nothing about me that would enable you to come to the educated opinion that I am not an honorable person, or that I don't understand what falling on one's sword means.

You appear to be someone who is just slinging shyt in every direction in the desperate hope that it either sticks, or it garners you some kind of reinforcing attention. What you have offered thus far doesn't appear to come from any serious consideration of issues, or even of facts or reality.

In short, now and forevermore **** you very much. And a hearty welcome to the rarified ranks of my ignore.
electronicmail

Reply Tue 22 Jun, 2010 04:21 pm
@snood,
**** off yourself, buster, read your own garbage if you can. You wrote right here on this page
Quote:

Nobody called YOU dishonorable, you're the archetypal chip-on-shoulder-shithead who'll mis-read ANYthing to come up with a grievance. Well far as I'm concerned ignore my threads and my posts forever more and screw YOU and the horse your rode in on. Now was THAT clear or should the "endowed" Butterfly lady come to your defense? Your call.
Butrflynet

Reply Tue 22 Jun, 2010 04:32 pm
@electronicmail,
It isn't evident that you realize that when Snood said that about falling on his righteous sword, he was referring to President Obama and not General McChrystal.

Care to explain why you react as if he was insulting McChrystal when what he said was that he hoped Obama would opt for accomplishing as much as he can rather than falling on his sword over a stance on a specific issue and not getting anything else accomplished?

As a reminder, here's what you wrote:

Quote:
0 Replies

rabel22

Reply Tue 22 Jun, 2010 04:50 pm
@electronicmail,
Why did Truman fire General MacArthur. Because he tried to go around the president. The president is commander in chief, not some dud general.
rabel22

Reply Tue 22 Jun, 2010 04:54 pm
@electronicmail,
Its not your thread jerk. Anyone can post whenever they feel like it.
electronicmail

Reply Tue 22 Jun, 2010 04:56 pm
@rabel22,
General McArthur strenuously denied that accusation to his dying breath and all contemporaneous written communications bear him out. If that's a new attempt to paint him or MacChrystal or McKiernan with the tar of treason, apply elsewhere. What's with all those Mac-/Mc-names I don't know they just all came up. But I'll tell you one thing: if the time comes to paint ANYONE with the tar of TREASON it ain't gonna be any of the Mc- or Mac- names. Mark my words.
Cycloptichorn

Reply Tue 22 Jun, 2010 04:57 pm
@electronicmail,
electronicmail wrote:

General McArthur strenuously denied that accusation to his dying breath and all contemporaneous written communications bear him out. If that's a new attempt to paint him or MacChrystal or McKiernan with the tar of treason, apply elsewhere. What's with all those Mac-/Mc-names I don't know they just all came up. But I'll tell you one thing: if the time comes to paint ANYONE with the tar of TREASON it ain't gonna be any of the Mc- or Mac- names. Mark my words.

Who is it do you think will be 'painted with the tar of treason?'

I don't even know why you use the term Treason, as we aren't discussing anything resembling treason.

Cycloptichorn
electronicmail

Reply Tue 22 Jun, 2010 04:59 pm
@Cycloptichorn,
Quote:
I don't even know why you use the term Treason, as we aren't discussing anything resembling treason.

Not yet.
Cycloptichorn

Reply Tue 22 Jun, 2010 05:03 pm
@electronicmail,
electronicmail wrote:

Quote:

Not yet.

Oh, get off it, with your stupid Tea Party bullshit, you have no clue what you are talking about, and even less of a clue as to how our political system actually works....

Seriously. Do you even understand the definition of Treason? It is very specific, and it certainly doesn't mean 'running the country in a way I don't like.'

Cycloptichorn