is she my real friend?

nyjaelp

Reply Mon 21 Jun, 2010 04:58 pm
My friend knows i like this boy and she sometimes support me on it, i didn't feel comfortable with her knowing that she used to like him. One day i sat next to him with my friend with me, and he was telling me about things him and my friend would do together. I was mad i could've killed her, but i let it go, was that the right thing to do??? The same problem happened with her and my ex-boyfriend, she would just flirt with him. Should i trust her, should i be her friend???
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 0 • Views: 1,349 • Replies: 4
No top replies

Butrflynet

Reply Mon 21 Jun, 2010 05:20 pm
Let's see. I think I have your threads in chronological order:

Quote:
Me and my friend like the same boy and this has been going on for about 3 months, and she's like my best friend so i wouldn't do anything to try to hurt her. She makes it seems more of a competition then what it is and i know she's my best friend but what should i do???

Quote:
I go out with this boy and ever since we started going out he's been kissing all over me and telling me he loves me. I started to get very annoyed with it, when i tell him that i need time to myself it's like he doesn't hear a word i say and it makes me mad. My friends tell me to break up with him but i really don't want to, what should i do???

Quote:
My friend knows i like this boy and she sometimes support me on it, i didn't feel comfortable with her knowing that she used to like him. One day i sat next to him with my friend with me, and he was telling me about things him and my friend would do together. I was mad i could've killed her, but i let it go, was that the right thing to do??? The same problem happened with her and my ex-boyfriend, she would just flirt with him. Should i trust her, should i be her friend???

Are all the boy friends and girl friends the same people in these three different scenarios you've described?
0 Replies

nyjaelp

Reply Mon 21 Jun, 2010 05:29 pm
No. There different people except for the boy i liked he's the same boy
0 Replies

Krumple

Reply Mon 21 Jun, 2010 05:46 pm
@nyjaelp,
nyjaelp wrote:

My friend knows i like this boy and she sometimes support me on it, i didn't feel comfortable with her knowing that she used to like him. One day i sat next to him with my friend with me, and he was telling me about things him and my friend would do together. I was mad i could've killed her, but i let it go, was that the right thing to do???

No, I think you should have killed her. Of course letting it go was the right thing to do. I can relate with what you are describing here. Growing up there was a friend of a friend who I was not personally friends with that followed me around like a shadow. He always ended up with every girl I dated and I found that too annoying to be coincidence. Eventually I ended up becoming good friends with him even though we clashed because of women many times. So what am I trying to say here? If the person you are dating is easily swayed by your friend, then chances are you probably don't really want to be with that person. Wouldn't you rather be with someone who doesn't even notice the existence of your friend? So if you are constantly pulling guys off your friend when they are with you, why would you get mad at your friend? Shouldn't you be placing the blame where it really should be? On the guy? Sure your friend might be the cause, but she is actually doing you a huge favor. When the guy comes along and your friend is flirting with him and he isn't giving her the time of day because he is with you, that is the guy you want isn't it?

nyjaelp wrote:

The same problem happened with her and my ex-boyfriend, she would just flirt with him. Should i trust her, should i be her friend???

Trust that your friend will be your friend but I think you are placing the wrong kind of trust in your relationships. You can't get rid of your friend and expect your relationships will fix because of that. If you get with a guy and he is willing to get caught up in anything that comes along, getting rid of all your friends will never prevent that. So keep your friends, get rid of the guy...
0 Replies

nyjaelp

Reply Mon 21 Jun, 2010 05:52 pm
Your right, come to think of it i feel guilty. I'm starting to think it's just me overreacting! THANK YOU
0 Replies