What is Charity?

reasoning logic

Reply Wed 23 Jun, 2010 06:41 pm
@Krumple,
Did your mother of father love you unconditonally or were there conditions to thier love?
sometime sun

Reply Wed 23 Jun, 2010 10:17 pm
@Krumple,
I certainly do no think Charity is an "unconditional" love.
The very basis of it is a conditional even if not a love?
Something is needed to be given away so something is needed to be taken away,
Something is needed to be taken away so something is needed to be given away.
Totally Conditional.

How would you disprove it is a love?
other than saying you just had not witnessed it?
0 Replies

sometime sun

Reply Wed 23 Jun, 2010 10:30 pm
@reasoning logic,
Personally as I have grown, and it may be paranoia, but my parents love has become conditional.
I have never known a love in my life that has not eventually resorted to the conditional.
By saying this and realising it is true (if just for me) conditional love need not be seen as transpiring or transgressing.
Love may indeed naturally progress into conditioning, which could after all be a benefit to and for love if the conditions are noble or virtuous or or or.
What do you think, is conditional love worse off than unconditional, when at least conditional has basis and structure and possibly even a goal or achievemented.?
reasoning logic

Reply Thu 24 Jun, 2010 05:28 pm
@sometime sun,
Yes it does seem to be that most people have a conditional love. I very well may be different but I do not think that I am the only one.
As I have aged and learned that a persons neurology and the environment that they are subjected to seem to be what dertermines their outcome, I have learned to forgive them and to not hate the person that does wrong but instead hate the wrong that they do.
0 Replies

Krumple

Reply Thu 24 Jun, 2010 05:38 pm
@reasoning logic,
reasoning logic wrote:

Did your mother of father love you unconditonally or were there conditions to thier love?

Well a lot of people try to attribute parental love as being unconditional but it's not.
reasoning logic

Reply Thu 24 Jun, 2010 06:54 pm
@Krumple,
Yes you are right and I was wrong for such a suggestion. I guess that it may seem to be the closest to being unconditional love. You have to take a step back and think about it if you are like me and never had issues with your mother.
Krumple

Reply Thu 24 Jun, 2010 06:59 pm
@reasoning logic,
reasoning logic wrote:

Yes you are right and I was wrong for such a suggestion. I guess that it may seem to be the closest to being unconditional love. You have to take a step back and think about it if you are like me and never had issues with your mother.

either have i... Wink
0 Replies

sometime sun

Reply Thu 24 Jun, 2010 07:05 pm
@mark noble,
I wish I weren't so prideful and we must sometime in the future discuss pride because I am also of the mind it can be a very useful tool.

Yes the Charity pays for itself or cancels itself out.
sometime sun

Reply Thu 24 Jun, 2010 07:06 pm
@mark noble,
Let us hope we meet up somewhere in our futures.
There is still time.
0 Replies

Krumple

Reply Thu 24 Jun, 2010 07:07 pm
@sometime sun,
sometime sun wrote:

I wish I weren't so prideful and we must sometime in the future discuss pride because I am also of the mind it can be a very useful tool.

Yes the Charity pays for itself or cancels itself out.

Can you get any more cliched?

Almost everyone does charity for a reason, even if it's just to make them selves feel better about the world. The knowledge that they are making a difference with self sacrifice. It is still motivation.
sometime sun

Reply Thu 24 Jun, 2010 07:11 pm
@reasoning logic,
This is so funny,
I have so many issues with my mother it has finally become pants wettingly funny.
sometime sun

Reply Thu 24 Jun, 2010 07:15 pm
@Krumple,
I love my clichés, they are cool and universal, leave them alone. (smile)

I said they cancel or add each other out, I never said they were unconditional.

Yes does Charity need motivation?

Very interesting thought, please expand
0 Replies

reasoning logic

Reply Thu 24 Jun, 2010 07:16 pm
@sometime sun,
I guess I was one of the lucky ones. LOL I do question my mother's reactions to the world but then again I question my own.
0 Replies

north

Reply Thu 24 Jun, 2010 09:15 pm
@sometime sun,
sometime sun wrote:

(This is not a discussion about me and my previous unfounded theories)

Quote:
What is Charity?

the giving of the self and/or money and knowledge, for the good of Humanity

sometime sun

Reply Fri 25 Jun, 2010 12:21 pm
@north,
So would you say Charity is a Humanistic Humanitarian "Love"?
And can Charity ever be for the bad of Humanity?

Thank you for your answer, it is a good one.
Believe it or not it is great to see you,
we must make some time sometime and investigate and extol your recognition of "Humanity",
I know it is of great importance to you and would like to see it and you more brightly.
All my best,
0 Replies

stavenmorris

Reply Thu 17 May, 2012 10:58 am
Charity is a great to helping more orphanage and poor people. And they tried to increase more funding for helping others. And they organize more event and camp for increase funding, so charity is really greatly done by it's work so helping and donate a time, money and fillings is must be useful to helping others. So helping more charity's and doing more good work.
0 Replies

Fil Albuquerque

Reply Thu 17 May, 2012 07:05 pm
@sometime sun,
Charity equals a mediocre presumptuous pedant and a parochial pretension to inverse the rules of reality...on the other hand something largely more simple as help is quite another deal...help, can to put it in physics terms, be translated as work or as a the natural process of combat to the 2 law of thermodynamics...to my view in order to be justified or "clean" we must use it out of our own interest (need) as much as we envision it, although of course our own interest mostly has not a linear process of expression nor do we have the required intelligence to perceive it out of the given immediate...the very same reason justify's us why the notion of State itself is so poorly understood and always so bounded behind the formal shell we assume in it...
Fil Albuquerque

Reply Thu 17 May, 2012 10:05 pm
@Fil Albuquerque,
...above it needs clarifying that when I say we must use it (help) out of our own need, I meant the ability to help and not to be helped...that is, what I am speaking of is social Darwinism and group dynamics...
(...the merit being of jumping from a primary category cliché to a secondary category cliché... Laughing )
0 Replies

lindalewis

Reply Sat 19 May, 2012 03:03 am
Hi Everybody,

What is Charity - When people try to help, support or give to others.
What a Charity does - A charity tries to collect money so that many people can work towards helping, supporting or giving to others.

In my money this is Charity.

Thanx.
0 Replies

nameless

Reply Sat 9 Jun, 2012 04:10 am
@sometime sun,
But could also be, Charity is in leaving or giving what is your fair share?

~~~ No need to 'give' as you have not taken more than your share in the first place.

I agree with your response as the source and foundation and beginning of all Charity, but can Charity be about more than fairness?

~~~ (It is a virtue.) Simply not taking more than your share can not only be seen as 'fair', but can also be seen as a form of 'gratitude' and 'mindfulness', and act of Love... and act of Compassion and empathy.
That puts 'fair' with a few other Perspectives as well.

Can it be furthered into subjection or sublimation?

~~~ Not understood.

Thank you for your response. It is to my mind the beginning of a grand truth.

~~~ A Grand Truth indeed! *__-
0 Replies