What is Charity?

Reply Mon 21 Jun, 2010 02:31 pm
(This is not a discussion about me and my previous unfounded theories)

What is Charity?

Is it a religiosity?

Is it a spirituality?

Is it a willing?

Is it a loving?

Is it a organisation?

Is it a cause?

Is it a mission?

Is it a defeat?

Is it a reaction?

How is it measured?
Can it be measured?
By construction?
By compassion?
By endurance?
By action?
By consequence?
By occurrence?
By a........???

Can Charity fail?
Can Charity succeed?
Can Charity harm?

Is Charity a state of being?

Give an example of Charity and how it effects you or others?
Is it an effect?
What does it effect?

Is it worthwhile for you or for others?
It is pointless for you or for others?

What is the opposite of Charity?
Is there an opposition to Charity?

Can it gain?
Can it lose?
Do you gain?
Do you lose?
Is it a gain through loss?
What gains?
What loses?

Are you a Charity?
Are you a cause?

Is Charity regular or rare?
Is Charity a constant or an occasional or a non?

Please add and ask a question or answer any you like.

Thank you for your time.

Krumple

Reply Mon 21 Jun, 2010 02:42 pm
@sometime sun,
more hot air.

all of the above and none of the above.

what does it matter?

sometime sun

Reply Mon 21 Jun, 2010 02:45 pm
@Krumple,
What doe sit matter to me?

Or what does Charity matter?

Blow wind blow,
At least I am warm. (smile)

(not saying you are not)
Krumple

Reply Mon 21 Jun, 2010 02:49 pm
@sometime sun,
sometime sun wrote:

What doe sit matter to me?

Or what does Charity matter?

Blow wind blow,
At least I am warm. (smile)

(not saying you are not)

You over analyze but you don't absorb any of it.

There are both charities and fakes. Hence why I say all of the above and none of the above.

What do you want to know by asking all these questions? You are going to get some who say all charities are good, but that is not accurate. You will get others that say all charities are bad, but that too is not accurate. The only thing that is accurate is that you can answer yes and no to all your questions, but why? because nothing is black and white.

Your questioning is like asking, "what do flowers look like?"

sometime sun

Reply Mon 21 Jun, 2010 02:53 pm
@Krumple,
I want to know about personal perception and personal understanding so as to either understand myself or a subject better or even more important understand you all better.

Not much else.

Why do you ask any question?
Krumple

Reply Mon 21 Jun, 2010 02:57 pm
@sometime sun,
sometime sun wrote:

I want to know about personal perception and personal understanding so as to either understand myself or a subject better or even more important understand you all better.

Not much else.

Why do you ask any question?

But you don't realize you aren't asking a question. You are asking so many that all you are going to get are opinions. But like I mentioned, your type of questioning is like asking what flowers look like, you will get so many different responses, that you won't get anything from the questions.

So can you answer me? What do flowers look like?
Jebediah

Reply Mon 21 Jun, 2010 02:59 pm
# S: (n) charity (a foundation created to promote the public good (not for assistance to any particular individuals))
# S: (n) charity, brotherly love (a kindly and lenient attitude toward people)
# S: (n) charity (an activity or gift that benefits the public at large)
# S: (n) Jacob's ladder, Greek valerian, charity, Polemonium caeruleum, Polemonium van-bruntiae, Polymonium caeruleum van-bruntiae (pinnate-leaved European perennial having bright blue or white flowers)
# S: (n) charity (an institution set up to provide help to the needy)
sometime sun

Reply Mon 21 Jun, 2010 03:07 pm
@Krumple,
What flower am I looking at?
Is the flower still in the ground or has its stem been cut?
What season is it?
Is it an artificial flower or is it a wild one?
(How am I suppose to answer you with out finding first what it is you would prefer me to answer?)
(How can I answer better with out understanding what you are are asking better?)

All answers come from an opinion first.
And then you back up your opinion.
And then your opinion might be adopted by someone else.
Or as best be able to question the answer or opinion so as to understand even further what could become your opinion.

Krumple

Reply Mon 21 Jun, 2010 03:10 pm
@sometime sun,
sometime sun wrote:

What flower am I looking at?
Is the flower still in the ground or has its stem been cut?
What season is it?
Is it an artificial flower or is it a wild one?
(How am I suppose to answer you with out finding first what it is you would prefer me to answer?)
(How can I answer better with out understanding what you are are asking better?)

I rest my case...
sometime sun

Reply Mon 21 Jun, 2010 03:11 pm
@Jebediah,
What is your personal experience with or without charity?

Thank you for your answer, do you have any more experience with charity you would be willing to share?

I understand through experience, be it mine or yours.
0 Replies

Ragman

Reply Mon 21 Jun, 2010 03:11 pm
@Krumple,
But what does it matter to you? If you don't like the questions asked, then don't participate in Sometime Sun's threads. No one forced you to reply. Instead you make it unpleasant. Your reply seems fairly mean-spirited to me. Why bother? This is an information forum, not a personal critique forum.
sometime sun

Reply Mon 21 Jun, 2010 03:12 pm
@Krumple,
I don't understand.
0 Replies

Krumple

Reply Mon 21 Jun, 2010 03:18 pm
@Ragman,
Ragman wrote:

But what does it matter to you? If you don't like the questions asked, then don't participate in Sometime Sun's threads. No one forced you to reply. Instead you make it unpleasant. Your reply seems fairly mean-spirited to me. Why bother? This is an information forum, not a personal critique forum.

My participating is in the questioning itself, which is what philosophy must also consider. Are you always suppose to accept the questioning? No. My point is not that there is a questioning it's the aspect of the answers.

Sun is use to me. If it appears to be unpleasant then all critiques are unpleasant.
Ragman

Reply Mon 21 Jun, 2010 03:22 pm
@Krumple,
I could be blowing smoke but it sure looks like bullying to me. May your Sado-Masochistic dance continue on.
roger

Reply Mon 21 Jun, 2010 03:24 pm
@Krumple,
Not all questions are philosophical. I'm sure you are wanting to argue that for several pages, but maybe you should consider whether it is a question you can answer, as opposed to something you can critique.
Krumple

Reply Mon 21 Jun, 2010 03:27 pm
@Ragman,
Ragman wrote:

I could be blowing smoke but it sure looks like bullying to me. May your Sado-Masochistic dance continue on.

Wow, asking questions about a line of questioning is bullying? Seriously? On top of that you refer to me as being sado-masochistic? So I see, you want to scold me and you are free to label me as sado masochistic and that is okay, but it's not okay for me to question sun's line of questioning? No contradiction there?

Krumple

Reply Mon 21 Jun, 2010 03:28 pm
@roger,
roger wrote:

Not all questions are philosophical. I'm sure you are wanting to argue that for several pages, but maybe you should consider whether it is a question you can answer, as opposed to something you can critique.

But I had already addressed that, which I thought was quite clear. So there was nothing else to do but resort to a critique. If I didn't care I wouldn't have responded.
0 Replies

Jebediah

Reply Mon 21 Jun, 2010 03:31 pm
@roger,
roger wrote:

This just shows the problems with the tag system. Because this thread is in the philosophy forum...
sometime sun

Reply Mon 21 Jun, 2010 03:35 pm
@Ragman,
Thank you for your concern,
But I think this analysis of me for Krumple has been a long time coming.
He has been biting his lip for quite some time I would think.
Thanks again for being so kind.

Krumple the grumple, I love and nearly know him though.

Another reason I prefer to ask than to give my opinion is that I know mine will not always be correct, so find strength in first understanding another so I can find understanding in myself.
I know I am not always right, if at all? so find it better to ask what another's answer is before daring to give mine.
I don't like much going from the dictionary (unless a word) or google as it is not my own personal search.
And it means I lose out understanding people that are closest to me.
Thanks again.
0 Replies

sometime sun

Reply Mon 21 Jun, 2010 03:37 pm
@Ragman,
Thank you again, I wish he had given me a day or two to get back my equilibrium, but Krumple rarely stands on ceremony.
Still love him,
and you a little for being so tender.
No need for alarm.

Thanks
0 Replies