What is Charity?

sometime sun

Reply Mon 21 Jun, 2010 03:39 pm
@roger,
Sorry Krumple but I have to agree with roger here.
We would have gotten to the philosophy, but would have liked an answer or topic question from you first.
All my best.
Krumple

Reply Mon 21 Jun, 2010 03:46 pm
@sometime sun,
sometime sun wrote:

Sorry Krumple but I have to agree with roger here.
We would have gotten to the philosophy, but would have liked an answer or topic question from you first.
All my best.

I was trying to get to the point in the long line of questioning. I don't even think you are asking any of those questions, you are looking for an answer to something else and this is your method to try to arrive at it. So I was by passing all of that without telling you that was my point.

Notice how no one took you up on answering the questions. They just didn't like my method of pointing out your questioning has a very vague point.
roger

Reply Mon 21 Jun, 2010 03:54 pm
@Jebediah,
Good point, and I looked at the tags before posting. Okay, the most likely suspect for tagging is the author, if we have to guess. On the other hand, I've seen some pretty rude tags that are more like commentary than anything the author put up.

I'll level with you, Jebediah. It's not my kind of question, either. That's why my post didn't attempt an answer.
0 Replies

sometime sun

Reply Mon 21 Jun, 2010 04:01 pm
@Krumple,
Yes sometimes there is one whole question being asked in my long line of them,
but I dissect the subject of the question so as to even show slightly later on how how I have come to distinguish my own answer.
If it even come time for me to give my answer as often times I have been convinced by others answers more than my own.
There is usually method to my line of questioning and a definite thought process that goes into them.
You can sometimes see my main objective, sometimes I feel I must through the question try to lead you to my answer.
Do you see?

Yes I noticed they have yet to answer the question, they may not even want to, but they had a more immediate concern to tackle.
And if it were anyone else other than the two of us, I would hope they would do just the same as they did, because it from the outside could have been viewed as cold and sever.
I know you, but if I had not I would be forgiven for thinking it a personal attack before a search for the answer to your questioning.

Maybe we should draw a thread together that we could finally try to dissect my method the way I know you have been itching to do for some time. (smile)
Not that I even think it all that interesting apart from asking questions, but I know you think there is something going on that you have made an effort to not bring me up on for some time.
You may be right there could be something going on that if I were shown would try to remedy, but I love asking questions because I love getting answers. And I don't think it will be easy for you to show me my error as I have to much fun doing it. And certainly not to bug anyone.
All my best grumple.
Ragman

Reply Mon 21 Jun, 2010 04:25 pm
@Krumple,
Just don't bother responding if it is so annoying. No one is forcing you to reply. Gee...you don't seem to respond positively to being taken to task. How interesting.

No, clearly you're exhibiting behavior that seems sadistic.,..sometime sun is the masochist.

Scrolling
reasoning logic

Reply Mon 21 Jun, 2010 04:39 pm
@sometime sun,
I do not think that krumple means any harm in his post to you sometime sun and I hope you realize that, You seem to realize that to me, I hope I am right.

He is probably like you and me and finds an interest in how others think and their view points. We have to try to understand how others think without takeing offense to what they say if we can, because not all of what they are saying is meant to be offensive even though we may interpret it that way some times. RSL
sometime sun

Reply Mon 21 Jun, 2010 04:59 pm
@reasoning logic,
Oh absolutely as said I do not think Krumple is trying to harm me.
But Ragman also makes a valid point that I may be a masochist?
I will open a thread to this affect soon.
To try and gain some answers or perspective to my self,
sorry but it will be in the form of self questioning you will come to love or hate me for.
I thank Krumple for Krumple, he has always forced me to inspect myself.
I thank Ragman and roger for both being concerned enough to show them selves.
Oh absolutely the philosophy of others thoughts is highly interesting to me.
I took no offence of Krumple because I know Krumple,
but if I did not I would hope there would be hearts kind enough to give some defence.
I really don't know how to very well.
Which is another thing Krumple has expressed he wished I did more for myself.
Again I may be a masochist?
I don't like it but I don't know very well how to deflect it.
But with Krumple I have always inspected it.

Again I KNOW Krumple was NOT trying to bully me,
shame this thread turned into some thing else before my original design.

But there is still hope we could analyse Charity.

All my best.

Krumple

Reply Mon 21 Jun, 2010 05:11 pm
@Ragman,
Ragman wrote:

Just don't bother responding if it is so annoying.

If i found it annoying I wouldn't have responded. As I already mentioned I felt that sun had a different aim so I went directly towards that instead of systematically answering every single inquiry.

Ragman wrote:

No one is forcing you to reply. Gee...you don't seem to respond positively to being taken to task. How interesting.

You seem to be under the impression that the topic was suppose to be addressed in a particular way and since I didn't that it is in some way negative. It wasn't negative at all, not even in the least, as you will see.

Ragman wrote:

No, clearly you're exhibiting behavior that seems sadistic.,..sometime sun is the masochist.

Everyone has their ritual and superstitions, I suppose this is yours? To assume something is negative when in fact it is not.
0 Replies

Krumple

Reply Mon 21 Jun, 2010 05:17 pm
@sometime sun,
sometime sun wrote:

Na, I don't think that you are. I think he is trying to paint you as being a victim to my critique of your questions. You are a victim though, but so am I. We are victims to philosophy, and our methods differ and that is why we meet like this. Some will consider it abusive, and others will understand the inquiry. I get told by some that i should just ignore sun, but I don't see the point in ignoring anyone. Perhaps the only people worthy of being ignored are the ones who are making the suggestion.

Why are you questions not being answered but my critique still is?
sometime sun

Reply Mon 21 Jun, 2010 05:27 pm
Please, please please I do not wish my threads to be a battle grounds for misunderstandings or miscommunications.
I am not trying to cover your sight with wool.
The original post may have its own mind which does need some looking into, but it is not meant to be a thread inciting worry.

Please no more worry,
Some more discovery,
would be great.

I'm going to bed.

What is Charity?

Goodnight, I am blessed just to have you.
0 Replies

sometime sun

Reply Mon 21 Jun, 2010 05:31 pm
@Krumple,
Maybe your critique is the most interesting point so far in the thread? (smile)
Krumple

Reply Mon 21 Jun, 2010 05:36 pm
@sometime sun,
sometime sun wrote:

Maybe your critique is the most interesting point so far in the thread? (smile)

Well if that is the case, then I definitely apologize.
nameless

Reply Mon 21 Jun, 2010 06:06 pm
@Krumple,
'Charity' is not taking more than your share!

Simple, eh?
mark noble

Reply Tue 22 Jun, 2010 09:05 am
@sometime sun,
Hi Sun,
IMO charity is the extension of a friendly hand. Where I work there is an almost daily collection for some reason or another. I contribute rarely, but anonymously when so. I kind of disagree with it in general - Why are the burdens of the world thrust upon others? Why are we expected to oblige? I NEVER oblige out of obligation. I last gave to a friend who was taking a bunch of impoverished kids on a daytrip, he never asked, so I slipped him a few pounds.
Hope this helps...
Shine On Sun.
Mark...
Letty

Reply Tue 22 Jun, 2010 09:17 am
@mark noble,
mark, I think Love is a synonym for charity in the King James version of the bible.

"...and the greatest of these is love (charity)"

Like Roger, that is all that I can contribute, sometimes sun.

dyslexia

Reply Tue 22 Jun, 2010 09:19 am
Although I have told this before, here goes again, a few years ago I went to my local food market and as I was getting out of my truck a person (seemingly homeless) asked me for "spare change" I checked my pocket and found a 1$ which I handed him. I entertained no thoughts as to his intended purpose for the $, I considered it a simple gift. He responded "thank god" to which I responded "give me back the $" I did not desire or want his thanks but I did not accept his thanking god for the dollar from my pocket. had he said nothing or perhaps just "thanks" He would have been a dollar ahead.
mark noble

Reply Tue 22 Jun, 2010 10:04 am
@Letty,
Hi Letty,
I agree, but "charity" is a derivative of Love. "Love is Everything"
xxx
Mark...
sometime sun

Reply Wed 23 Jun, 2010 12:25 pm
@Krumple,
Krumple wrote:

sometime sun wrote:

Na, I don't think that you are. I think he is trying to paint you as being a victim to my critique of your questions. You are a victim though, but so am I. We are victims to philosophy, and our methods differ and that is why we meet like this. Some will consider it abusive, and others will understand the inquiry. I get told by some that i should just ignore sun, but I don't see the point in ignoring anyone. Perhaps the only people worthy of being ignored are the ones who are making the suggestion.

Why are you questions not being answered but my critique still is?

No I know that I may have a self abusive streak, but I certainly do not enjoy in any fashion abuse form others.
I may be on the other end of a wire but I am easily hurt and do not like this about myself at all.
So yes I concur, I am NOT a masochist.

I love this "we are victims to philosophy" I could not agree more and wish I had come up with those words.
I feel totally a victim of philosophy because it seems the only way I can interact with others in some form of philosophy question, process or confusion.

Philosophy is the confusing way in which to solve the confusion.
0 Replies

sometime sun

Reply Wed 23 Jun, 2010 12:25 pm
@Krumple,
Now that made me laugh.
0 Replies

sometime sun

Reply Wed 23 Jun, 2010 12:32 pm
@nameless,
But could also be, Charity is in leaving or giving what is your fair share?

I agree with your response as the source and foundation and beginning of all Charity, but can Charity be about more than fairness?
Can it be furthered into subjection or sublimation?

Thank you for your response. It is to my mind the beginning of a grand truth.