IS THIS ANY WAY TO FIGHT A WAR?

H2O MAN

Reply Mon 21 Jun, 2010 09:35 am

Obama is the Commander in Chief.
Do you think there is any way we would have prevailed in World War II if things had been handled this way?

Krumple

Reply Mon 21 Jun, 2010 09:42 am
@H2O MAN,
H2O MAN wrote:

Do you think there is any way we would have prevailed in World War II if things had been handled this way?

We are not there to win, we are there to make money. War is now the biggest businesses the US has going for itself. We don't care about killing young men and women. It's all in the days work of making politicians rich with their investment portfolios in "defense" contractors.
H2O MAN

Reply Mon 21 Jun, 2010 10:31 am
@Krumple,
Krumple wrote:

H2O MAN wrote:

We are not there to win, we are there to make money.

Are you saying Obama's war plan is meant to pay off all of his reckless spending?

How much money are we raking in fighting Obama's Vietnam in Afghanistan?
Krumple

Reply Mon 21 Jun, 2010 10:35 am
@H2O MAN,
H2O MAN wrote:

Krumple wrote:

H2O MAN wrote:

We are not there to win, we are there to make money.

Are you saying Obama's war plan is meant to pay off all of his reckless spending?

I don't mean the country is making money, it is a filter which allows the money to go into the pockets of the defense contractors. It isn't about producing something for the benefit of the country, it is to benefit the politicians who have investments in these defense corporations. If you end the war, then you end the jobs of these defense contractors, so you got to keep the war going. They don't care about the state of the nation. If they cared about the condition of the nation they wouldn't be holding two wars back to back and borrowing huge sums of money from the Chinese.
Below viewing threshold (view)
Krumple

Reply Mon 21 Jun, 2010 10:53 am
@H2O MAN,
H2O MAN wrote:

Obama Makes Children Cry

I actually believe that he had every intention of ending the war and bringing all the soldiers home, but as soon as he got elected, he was brought into a room of a few dozen politicians and executives who told him, he is not going to end the war and he will do everything to keep them going for as long as possible. He was probably presented it with no option but to accept it or be JFKed. I don't think they actually threatened him but perhaps they might have implied that it would be for his best interest to accept their proposition. This is why you see this drastic contrast between his campaign promises and his current decisions.
H2O MAN

Reply Mon 21 Jun, 2010 11:06 am
@Krumple,

I am aware of some weapons and small arms programs that would have never
gotten as far as they have or even survived without Obama's war in Afghanistan.

Limited collateral damage and civilian deaths while reducing injuries and death to US
troops is the only way Obama can keep his war machine running with public support.

I have also noticed that Obama has not only left the troops in place, he has embraced
the use of drones and he is spending more money instead of less... very interesting.
rabel22

Reply Mon 21 Jun, 2010 04:10 pm
@H2O MAN,
Krumple makes some good points. To bad you dont.
0 Replies

jcboy

Reply Mon 21 Jun, 2010 06:52 pm
@H2O MAN,
Did you ask that same question when the idoit Bush was president? I'm thinking a big NO. I'm thankful the hillbilly and his trashy wife is back in Texas where they belong.
0 Replies

electronicmail

Reply Mon 21 Jun, 2010 07:49 pm
@H2O MAN,
Quote:

Try and follow, the DoD is trying to convince us it's gonna be profitable eventually based on old Russian maps for lithium mines from back when they ventured into Afghanistan. Obama thinks he's safe in his war long as he's only wasting Australians and Afghans. What happens when we run out of Aussies, Afghans, #2s in Al Qaeda, or money to pay for this extravaganza?

Lithium isn't only for batteries, it's for us to swallow as well, I get it now!

At this point I don't believe any politician except for the Tea Party candidates and I think even Vietnam was better than Afghanistan, at least there was music to go with that old show http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sx7XNb3Q9Ek&feature=related
0 Replies

Krumple

Reply Mon 21 Jun, 2010 08:42 pm
I want to shift gears a little bit here.

You know in vietnam the US forces actually kicked the crap out of the north Vietnamese. The US had a ten to one kill ratio which is huge. Pretty much every fire fight that the marines and army got into they won, but it was the US policy and media that caused the failure of the effort.

The US learned a huge lesson in Vietnam. That is, if you don't control the media then you will lose the war. This time around starting with the Gulf War the US political leaders made sure to control just what the media interacted with and has ever since controlled what is seen and heard. The current media is so bogged down in it's own political mess that it is not even a reliable source for anything other than what Britney Spears and Paris Hilton are up to.

The US military are well trained and can do the job they are meant to do, but they are not allowed to by US policy. The defense contractors come in and do everything that soldiers are meant to be doing. This costs money which is nothing more than taking US tax money and filtering it through the coffers of these defense corporations. Who do you think has investments in these businesses, pretty much every US politician besides a handful, have investments in these corporations. It is big money for them so they have no incentive what so ever to pull the plug on these wars.

I guarantee if you left it up to the US military that this whole thing would have been over in 4 months maybe 6 months tops. But our government doesn't want it to end, we just want to bleed out the American tax payer for as much as they can get away with. They don't care about the soldiers, because the soldiers have already signed them selves off and are property of the politicians.

You really honestly think we are that incapable of completing a task as simple as finding some terrorist thugs? The marines live eat and **** out these guys but they are held back from doing their job. They know it, I know it and people are starting to catch on to it. Most soldiers wouldn't say **** because they are told not to and if they become critical of the US government or anyone who protests the government in general are deemed terrorists. Since when has it been an American position that you must support the actions of politicians or else you are unamerican? I thought the whole foundation of the US was built upon being critical of what the government is up to. That it is the job of the citizens to make sure their government is doing proper things.

All this secrecy of government for so many years has done nothing to protect itself as it tries to claim. It's just a way to keep the public in the dark about their corrupt plans and shady business deals. Yes I know, I sound like a crazy lunatic, conspiracy theorist. But I'm not, I am just burnt out on seeing the bullshit that so many people are ignoring and getting bought off with.

The goal they have is to keep you buying garbage you don't need to keep you distracted when you are surrounded by all this crap, a boat, house, four cars, large flat screen tv, four game consoles, fourteen closets full of clothes and a stomach full of food. So you won't criticize the government because they will just turn around and say, "Look how great your life is, you have all these wonderful things, arn't you happy, so why are you bitching?"

Then when the economy collapses they blame the people as being the problem. The greedy people wanted all this junk and kept borrowing money because they can't get enough crap. NO, it is dishonest to blame the people. The FED creates this problem by keeping interest rates too low. No one will save money if interest rates are set at zero. Who would? No one in their right mind would save money without getting anything for it. So Americans are forced into spending their money because if they don't they lose it.

I'm done, my ramblings won't do anything. If people don't want to step back and actually take a look at things without buying into the medias propaganda and government spun twisted speeches. Then really they want these things to happen, by their lack of wanting to know the truth.
parados

Reply Mon 21 Jun, 2010 08:52 pm
@H2O MAN,
What exactly are you asking squirt?

I don't recall the Germans or the Japanese using IEDs as the only means of fighting. Perhaps you (and Boortz) live in a different reality from the rest of us.
0 Replies

electronicmail

Reply Tue 22 Jun, 2010 01:27 am
@Krumple,
Quote:
... in vietnam... The US had a ten to one kill ratio ..
The US learned a huge lesson in Vietnam. That is, if you don't control the media then you will lose the war.

This is surreal. We're in year 10 in Afghanistan. Media control can't change that.
Quote:
You really honestly think we are that incapable of completing a task as simple as finding some terrorist thugs?

Yes.
0 Replies

electronicmail

Reply Tue 22 Jun, 2010 01:48 am
@H2O MAN,
Your link refers to George Will's article in the Washington Post http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2010/06/18/AR2010061803760_pf.html
Quote:
Those Americans who say that Afghanistan is a test of America's "staying power" are saying that we must stay there because we are there. This is steady work, but it treats perseverance as a virtue regardless of context or consequences and makes futility into a reason for persevering.

I don't know which military genius came up with that doctrine and I don't care. If that war is a business it's gone on long enough. We can't afford to continue with it.
0 Replies

electronicmail

Reply Wed 23 Jun, 2010 07:25 am
@Krumple,
Does the latest brouhaha with the Afghanistan theater commander change your views at all? Lots of background info posted here http://able2know.org/topic/153407-1
Krumple

Reply Wed 23 Jun, 2010 07:35 am
@electronicmail,
electronicmail wrote:

Does the latest brouhaha with the Afghanistan theater commander change your views at all? Lots of background info posted here http://able2know.org/topic/153407-1

He is a scape goat. Just another deflection measure to ensure the pressure gets taken off Obama.
electronicmail

Reply Wed 23 Jun, 2010 07:49 am
@Krumple,
I agree completely. Team Obama is pulling all the stops to save their man. Bush's team was no better judging by what happened to another good guy, Adm. Fallon, after he gave an interview to Esquire magazine
Quote:
He'd rather not do it, but if he has to go to war, there won't be any anguish. Whatever qualms Fallon had about using force were exorcised long ago in the skies over Vietnam. "I try to be reasonably predictable to my own people and very unpredictable to potential adversaries," he tells me. No wonder Fallon sticks out like a sore thumb with the neocons, who have the unfortunate tendency to come off as unpredictable to their allies and predictable to their enemies. Which is the opposite of strategy.
0 Replies