Eorl

Reply Mon 21 Jun, 2010 09:53 pm
@Setanta,
Bass Flanger pedal at the ready...
0 Replies

Rockhead

Reply Mon 21 Jun, 2010 09:57 pm
@Pangloss,
yeah, see, his mistake was playing a game that used kitchen knives. (extra points for using a character class weapon)

I only game against guys with longswords and maces. It's tougher to conceal them.

(and I don't play with french guys, either...)
0 Replies

mark noble

Reply Tue 22 Jun, 2010 06:27 am
@Eorl,
Hi Eorl,
Me too. Your point is a good one too - What can a picture capture of a person that is, indeed, a true reflection. I don't have any photos of me. I think ONE that is taken without prior knowledge to it being taken would tend a true, but limited, reflection. You?
Best wishes Eorl.
Mark...
0 Replies

fakename reborn

Reply Wed 21 Jul, 2010 04:50 pm
@plainoldme,
fakename from back in the day at Abuzz, here, glad you found that choice thought provoking. There was no guiding rationale for using that fake name, it just seemed like a good idea at the time, back in those early heady days of virtual self-identification.
ossobuco

Reply Wed 21 Jul, 2010 04:57 pm
@fakename reborn,
Hello, fnr - many of us are old abuzz folk, woe be tide us. Many more of us aren't.

I don't remember you, or probably you, me, but welcome anyway.
0 Replies

plainoldme

Reply Wed 21 Jul, 2010 07:29 pm
@fakename reborn,
I'm glad to make your acquaintance. Someone I was involved with at the time shared in my admiration for your posts. We always liked you.
0 Replies

DoctorBean

Reply Fri 23 Jul, 2010 01:54 pm
I'm new here and i'm here as myself, Dr. Bean. No relation to Mr. Bean although Rowan Atkinson is a great comedian.
plainoldme

Reply Fri 23 Jul, 2010 10:55 pm
@DoctorBean,
He is. Loved Blackadder.
0 Replies

mark noble

Reply Fri 30 Jul, 2010 08:58 am
@DoctorBean,
Hi Dr Bean!

Good to meet you and "Good on You"!

Have a Great day Doctor!
Mark...
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Fri 30 Jul, 2010 10:17 am
@Ragman,
Quote:
Ragman = my initials RAG + man.

I always assumed that you sold clothes. In N.Y. the clothing business is sometimes called the rag business.
OmSigDAVID

Reply Fri 30 Jul, 2010 11:12 am
@Phoenix32890,
Phoenix32890 wrote:

Quote:
Ragman = my initials RAG + man.

I always assumed that you sold clothes.
In N.Y. the clothing business is sometimes called the rag business.

I thawt that too.

David
0 Replies

aidan

Reply Fri 30 Jul, 2010 01:56 pm
I tried to come as myself - I tried to use Rebecca - Beccare- Acceber - because those are all names my friends have called me in the past (Rebecca is my real name) but they said the names had all been used - weird - I've never seen even a Rebecca on the forum, much less Beccare or Acceber.

So I picked 'Aidan' because I have really liked that name since I had a friend who named her daughter that about fifteen years ago and had it in my mind as a name I'd use if I ever had another child.

But a friend of mine here in England has started calling me 'Stateside Becky' and I really like that. It always makes me laugh. I think that's my favorite nickname of all time- and I've only ever allowed very special people to call me Becky. I was thinking that if I changed my username - I'd change it to Stateside Becky.
Or Lilia -which is another name that I've only become aware of because a friend named his daughter that and I think it's beautiful! And lilies are one of my favorite flowers.
0 Replies