How did you choose your on-line name and why?

Reply Thu 30 Sep, 2010 02:04 pm
My name, BumbleBeeBoogie, comes from an old urban legend that bumblebees are aerodynamically incapable of flying. Based on weight ratios to wing power and wind resistance, the bumblebee should be incapable of flight. Yet, the theory says, the bumblebee doesn’t know that, so it flies anyway.

My friends told me I was a person who, when a barrier blocked me from achieving my goal, I would just find a way around it and complete my goal. So I became BumbleBeeBoogie.

BBB

matus

Reply Thu 30 Sep, 2010 02:10 pm
@BumbleBeeBoogie,
don t you have basic of that name from movie transformers...there were bumblebee or something like this...
BumbleBeeBoogie

Reply Thu 30 Sep, 2010 02:11 pm
@matus,
Sorry, I don't understand your question.

BBB
0 Replies

Reyn

Reply Thu 30 Sep, 2010 04:12 pm
@BumbleBeeBoogie,
'Reyn' is the short version of my first name. Wink
0 Replies

George

Reply Fri 1 Oct, 2010 02:58 pm
"George" is my real name, "Egroeg", spelled backwards.
djjd62

Reply Fri 1 Oct, 2010 03:01 pm
i like music, and my initials are jd, so djjd seemed pretty good, when i first used this as an email it was taken, the site suggested some numbers but i went with birth year, so, djjd62

i think it was izzie that came up with the didge pronunciation
0 Replies

BumbleBeeBoogie

Reply Fri 1 Oct, 2010 03:02 pm
@George,
Look what I found on google.

Egroeg Saculedit
From Wookieepedia, the Star Wars wiki.
The subject of this article appeared in the New Republic era.
Egroeg Sacul

"Departing Endor passenger Sacul, Mister Egroeg Sacul... please see the Star Tours agent at gate number three."
―Star Tours public address announcer[src]

Egroeg Sacul was a customer of the Star Tours travel agency. He was asked to see a Star Tours agent at gate number three before departing on a trip to Endor.

Behind the scenes

This briefly mentioned character is, like Jorg Sacul, a Tuckerization of the name of Star Wars creator George Lucas.

It is possible that some blood relation can be speculated, judging from their last name.
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Fri 1 Oct, 2010 03:04 pm
ElitistSnob just seemed a natural fit so I use Dyslexia to throw people of my scent.
BumbleBeeBoogie

Reply Fri 1 Oct, 2010 03:08 pm
@dyslexia,
A lot of descriptions of elitist snobs:

http://www.google.com/#hl=en&&sa=X&ei=Mk2mTPfUDITIswaUt7WsCA&sqi=2&ved=0CBgQBSgA&q=Elitist+Snob&spell=1&fp=84f34ab5383c7ee9
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Fri 1 Oct, 2010 03:09 pm
Noneya
Roberta

Reply Fri 1 Oct, 2010 03:10 pm
@dyslexia,
dyslexia wrote:

ElitistSnob just seemed a natural fit so I use Dyslexia to throw people of my scent.

So what you're saying is that we're both elitist snobs?

dyslexia wrote:

Roberta is an elitist, snob,

BBB, I used to have a different online name. I got tired of people assuming I was a man. Decided to go with my actual name.
BumbleBeeBoogie

Reply Fri 1 Oct, 2010 03:15 pm
@Roberta,
I don't remember what your original name was. Refresh my memory?

BBB
Roberta

Reply Fri 1 Oct, 2010 03:25 pm
@BumbleBeeBoogie,
This was on Abuzz. It was Riman
edgarblythe

Reply Fri 1 Oct, 2010 04:22 pm
I once intended to write using this name. Abandonded that name use but not the name.
tsarstepan

Reply Fri 1 Oct, 2010 04:54 pm
@BumbleBeeBoogie,
In 1995, I started attending Framingham State College. In November of 1995, I had my first taste of the internet. Beckoned by the call of the the Click and Clack brothers of Car Talk.

With this first taste of cyberlife I decided to get an original email address that didn't encompass the annoying and klutzy set of numbers that followed the obvious and trite user names that were snatched up so quickly in the beginning of the internet age: cutegirl123214535, Batmanfan359593205, etc....

One of my first main history classes was my history of Russia class with Professor Nicholas Racheotes. In fact, I had him for two classes that semester.

A world history survey class which was the prerequisite to the Russian history class.

Needless to say, he was/is my favorite teacher I have ever had. So I went online looking for some kind of Russianesque user name.

Tsar + Stepan (Russified version of Stephen) and there is my ironic internet username. I have yet to find another Tsarstepan on the entire world wide web.

tsarstepan

Reply Fri 1 Oct, 2010 04:56 pm
@edgarblythe,
Well that would have been a most excellent and catchy nom de plum! Very Happy
Merry Andrew

Reply Fri 1 Oct, 2010 05:10 pm
My name is Andrew. (Most of the time) I am merry.
tsarstepan

Reply Fri 1 Oct, 2010 05:11 pm
@Merry Andrew,
That's good MA as you avoid that messy ironic sense of humor so virulently prevailent in those bloody hipsters! Smile
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Fri 1 Oct, 2010 05:18 pm
@tsarstepan,
Yeah, but I wanted my real name to be anonymous, in that event. I have since adopted the pseudonym, Mark Twain.
Merry Andrew

Reply Fri 1 Oct, 2010 05:22 pm
@edgarblythe,
...uh...I think that's already taken, edgar. But maybe not.