WHY DON'T PEOPLE COME AS THEMSELVES?

dlowan

Reply Mon 21 Jun, 2010 02:52 am
@mark noble,
mark noble wrote:

Hi A lyn,
What more is there, age 42, weight 12.12, shoe size 11 UK, hair brown, eyes brown, height 6ft, colour light tan, vehicle ford, home house. Is that enough for you?
I had a great day thankyou, A Lyn - saw a moose (in a photograph)- spent some time in garden with my dogs - watched Richard harris singing mcarthurs park - had a great meal - found some common-ground with krumple - met a trapeze artist (online) - listened to roger waters' tide is turning (live in berlin version) wrote some verses - fed and watered my vegetables and fruit trees - made a trifle - did a bit of research - chatted to you, and got ripped to shreds by some disillusioned original A2K'rs. Brilliant day! except for that last bit.

You?
xxx
Mark...

Jesus wept! What is this? Facebook? TMI!!! TMI!!!!

Reply Mon 21 Jun, 2010 03:08 am
@mark noble,
My user name is what many people have called me for over 25 years and many people know that i dont act. you either like me or not, unfortunatly no grey areas.
roger

Reply Mon 21 Jun, 2010 03:09 am
@Sticky,
You related to stickystan?

Reply Mon 21 Jun, 2010 03:11 am
@roger,
No, new to site as i have a lot of time on my hands at moment.
roger

Reply Mon 21 Jun, 2010 03:23 am
@Sticky,
Just a remarkable coincidence, then. Stickstan was new, too.

Reply Mon 21 Jun, 2010 03:34 am
@roger,
When did stickystan join? I only registered this morning, good to see that someone else has a similar nmae!
roger

Reply Mon 21 Jun, 2010 03:44 am
@Sticky,
Just the other day. He seems a little strange, but here's a link to his profile, if you're that interested.

http://able2know.org/user/stickystan/

Reply Mon 21 Jun, 2010 04:04 am
@roger,
Thanks for that, but i can definatly say that we are not the same person.
wellspotted though, must work for the gov?
0 Replies

Ionus

Reply Mon 21 Jun, 2010 04:08 am
@roger,
I want to see you run a maze...you strike me as a very clever rat...and if you ever strike me again you will hear from my lawyer...Tico.
0 Replies

laughoutlood

Reply Mon 21 Jun, 2010 04:16 am
@mark noble,
i chose oolongteasup because all the best sobriquets like mark noble were taken
jeeprs

Reply Mon 21 Jun, 2010 04:20 am
@mark noble,
mine is a nickname given me by a workmate 20 years ago. It is a gloss on my initials, which are JPS. I used to have many more personal details on my profile, but I am more wary of my privacy again now. But I never hide my view and it is often a minority view at that.
0 Replies

oolongteasup

Reply Mon 21 Jun, 2010 04:56 am
@laughoutlood,
laughoutluud if you ever impersonate me again i'll twist your cognomen so far around the dial gnomon will give you the time of day
0 Replies

djjd62

Reply Mon 21 Jun, 2010 05:48 am
@stevecook172001,
stevecook172001 wrote:
The reason I use my own name is because I feel it is too easy to spout sh*t you don't have to back up when you are anonymous since you can always sink back into the woodwork by simply changing your username. By using your own name, you are putting yourself on the line a bit more. For me, I feel this is good regulator of what I write.

i'd spout **** anonymous or not, my username is the same as a main email account i use, so anyone stumbling across this forum that knew that info could probably figure out who i was

as for changing a username to avoid detractors, well, there are cowards every where

i also don't want people to find me unless i want to be found, one of the problems with facebook is the people that come out of the wood work (classmates, workmates etc) and want to be your friend, guess what, if i had wanted to talk with you we'd have remained in touch not ignored each other for 30+ years until some magic of technology made fake nostalgia possible

luckily, i must have been reprehensible enough throughout my life that few folks from my past have bothered to search me out on facebook
stevecook172001

Reply Mon 21 Jun, 2010 05:50 am
@djjd62,
djjd62 wrote:

stevecook172001 wrote:
The reason I use my own name is because I feel it is too easy to spout sh*t you don't have to back up when you are anonymous since you can always sink back into the woodwork by simply changing your username. By using your own name, you are putting yourself on the line a bit more. For me, I feel this is good regulator of what I write.

i'd spout **** anonymous or not, my username is the same as a main email account i use, so anyone stumbling across this forum that knew that info could probably figure out who i was

as for changing a username to avoid detractors, well, there are cowards every where

i also don't want people to find me unless i want to be found, one of the problems with facebook is the people that come out of the wood work (classmates, workmates etc) and want to be your friend, guess what, if i had wanted to talk with you we'd have remained in touch not ignored each other for 30+ years until some magic of technology made fake nostalgia possible

luckily, i must have been reprehensible enough throughout my life that few folks from my past have bothered to search me out on facebook

Laughing

Fair enough
0 Replies

plainoldme

Reply Mon 21 Jun, 2010 06:55 am
@dyslexia,
Shh! I won't tell anyone!
0 Replies

Ionus

Reply Mon 21 Jun, 2010 07:30 am
I have decided to come back here as Max Power, or Joe Cool...then I would be myself.
0 Replies

mark noble

Reply Mon 21 Jun, 2010 08:36 am
@dlowan,
Hi Dlowan,
I was just answering a friend of mine actually.
And I certainly wouldn't be found on facebook.
Have a nice day, dlowan.
Mark...
0 Replies

electronicmail

Reply Mon 21 Jun, 2010 09:03 am
@stevecook172001,
Quote:
The reason I use my own name is because I feel it is too easy to spout sh*t you don't have to back up when you are anonymous ...For me, I feel this is good regulator of what I write.

Wow is anosognosia a word in your vocabulary? If that's your filter and you're the only judge of whether it works, do you think you have an objective opinion of the result? Do you also also think one-man-one-anonymous-vote should be suspended in favor of the new voting law passed in Port Chester, NY, where it's now one-man-six-votes? The voting 1:6 ratio is limited to hispanics so it's not exactly eponymous but close. I can see why you can't understand your comments are insulting to the vast majority using screen names.

electronicmail

Reply Mon 21 Jun, 2010 09:05 am
@djjd62,
Quote:

That makes 2 of us. Glad to meet you.
0 Replies

OmSigDAVID

Reply Mon 21 Jun, 2010 09:28 am
@electronicmail,
Quote:
The reason I use my own name is because I feel it is too easy to spout sh*t you don't have to back up when you are anonymous ...For me, I feel this is good regulator of what I write.
electronicmail wrote:
Wow is anosognosia a word in your vocabulary? If that's your filter and you're the only judge of whether it works, do you think you have an objective opinion of the result? Do you also also think one-man-one-anonymous-vote should be suspended in favor of the new voting law passed in Port Chester, NY, where it's now one-man-six-votes? The voting 1:6 ratio is limited to hispanics so it's not exactly eponymous but close. I can see why you can't understand your comments are insulting to the vast majority using screen names.

I had to look that one up:
anosognosia a·no·sog·no·si·a (ə-nō'sŏg-nō'zē-ə, -zhə)
n.
Real or feigned ignorance of the presence of disease, especially of paralysis.

0 Replies