chai2

Reply Sun 20 Jun, 2010 02:47 pm
@mark noble,
mark noble wrote:

Hi Snood,

ps. your avatar looks like tiger woods!

He is Tiger.

My real name is Elin.

That's why snood and I aren't talking to each other these days.
0 Replies

Letty

Reply Sun 20 Jun, 2010 02:48 pm
@mark noble,
Yes, it was. I have so many nicknames that it's difficult for me to keep up.
OmSigDAVID

Reply Sun 20 Jun, 2010 02:49 pm

My real name is David
0 Replies

mark noble

Reply Sun 20 Jun, 2010 02:51 pm
@Letty,
Hi letty,
I'll pm you on this.
xxx
Mark...
0 Replies

Reyn

Reply Sun 20 Jun, 2010 02:51 pm
@Rockhead,
Rockhead wrote:

Reynflower in the Mist?

Yes, that's it! Wow, you're a good guesser! Wink
0 Replies

drillersmum

Reply Sun 20 Jun, 2010 03:11 pm
To kuvasz, Your Kuvasz is simply gorgeous/magnificent.

To the rest of the gang,
Regarding the subject/topic about usernames vs real names, I like my real name but cringe at the thought of 'being found out' if I used my real name when posting messages, so I use 'drillersmum' as my balaclava/mask to hide me as best I can. It gives me the courage to post messages almost anonomously. Yes, I'm gutless. If anyone was half interested in finding out about 'the real me', then I'd be truly flattered that someone cared enough to bother in the first place and I'd say "hey, if you really want to know more about me, ask me for my email address and send me an email because I like writing letters/emails" ... not very fond of those silly "forwards" that people prefer to send to their friends instead of proper letters that replaced snail-mail. There's a heck of a lot of fun in being able to use a nom de plume. If I HAD to use my real name, I wouldn't be here.
0 Replies

chai2

Reply Sun 20 Jun, 2010 03:18 pm
In these days were people are not getting hired for jobs because of what they have written under their name on Facebook, I find it hard to believe why someone doesn't understand why one might choose to go under a false name.

Someone may wish to speak their mind on a matter, but does not necessarily want everyone on the planet Earth knowing they are saying it.

For that, and as many reasons as people in the world.
Rockhead

Reply Sun 20 Jun, 2010 03:25 pm
@chai2,
I do kinda look like my avatar.

but my antlers are not as pronounced...
farmerman

Reply Sun 20 Jun, 2010 03:53 pm
@Rockhead,
and you lose them once a year? and then haveta grow em back. Ill bet theyre really fuzzy and itchy now.
farmerman

Reply Sun 20 Jun, 2010 03:58 pm
@farmerman,
Heres my brother in law with his pet moose BOB. Bob is a good moose most of the time. He does get a little horny around late October so My brother in law (also named Bob) has to remove all the good china from the cupbards lest Bob (the moose Bob, not my brother in, law Bob) just clear all the shelves witha rake of his antlers
        http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/d/da/Luchik-the-Moose-and-Dr-Minaev-hp3188.jpg

I just found out that a mooses antlers act like a parabolic reflector, enabling the moose to hear stuff from outer space.
Rockhead

Reply Sun 20 Jun, 2010 04:06 pm
@farmerman,
bob's moose is bigger'n me.

but i'm better looking...

we have no china here. just stoneware.
0 Replies

Pemerson

Reply Sun 20 Jun, 2010 04:36 pm
That's me. When I wanted to get back into A2K that's what I put down, without thinking. I like my name. Don't you ever get tired of coming up with yet another username and password?

In Abuzz I was Tex-Star and for awhile in A2K. After moving, buying a new computer, I chose Sunlover. Gads, now I hate this hot TX sun and think I may even be allergic to its rays.
0 Replies

mark noble

Reply Sun 20 Jun, 2010 04:46 pm
@farmerman,
Hi Farmerman,
Wow! A moose for a pet. Brilliant!
Great photo.
Thank you for sharing.

I WANT A MOOSE NOW TOO!

Have a brilliant evening, sir.
Mark...
0 Replies

stevecook172001

Reply Sun 20 Jun, 2010 04:48 pm
@mark noble,
mark noble wrote:

Hi Guys,
Why is it that so many of you arrive at forums such as this and introduce yourself as other than you?
There are some imaginitive names out there. Are they silliy, innovative, or do they just conceal the true identity of the user.

It'll be great to here why you chose your USERNAME, what it means to you and what you think of other's.

Thank you.

Best wishes all.
Mark...

I use my username because it's my name.

Well, with the addition of "172001". But that's just because there are a lot of "steve cook's” out there. Though, obviously, not as many as 2000. I have just got into the habit of tagging this particular sequence of digits on the end (for reasons lost in the mists of time) as it guarantees no rejection of the name.

The reason I use my own name is because I feel it is too easy to spout sh*t you don't have to back up when you are anonymous since you can always sink back into the woodwork by simply changing your username. By using your own name, you are putting yourself on the line a bit more. For me, I feel this is good regulator of what I write.
ossobuco

Reply Sun 20 Jun, 2010 04:51 pm
@farmerman,
Both Bobs are good lookin'.
0 Replies

Ticomaya

Reply Sun 20 Jun, 2010 04:56 pm
@mark noble,
mark noble wrote:
Hi All,
My real name is Mark Anthony Noble, I live in Swansea City. South Wales and couldn't care less who knows.

Well, I believe you Mark Anthony Noble.

My name is Tico Maya. I live in Scottsdale, Arizona, and I'm a retired circus performer.
roger

Reply Sun 20 Jun, 2010 05:05 pm
@stevecook172001,
Oh, my Lord.

We had a thread telling most of us we were cowards for collapsing threads we didn't want cluttering up the post list. Now, the rest of us are cowards for not posting names.

So tell me, do people offering these insults online do the same in face to face conversations?
roger

Reply Sun 20 Jun, 2010 05:07 pm
@Ticomaya,
A more reasonable approach than mine, Tico. That's your circus background showing up again.
stevecook172001

Reply Sun 20 Jun, 2010 05:11 pm
@roger,
roger wrote:

Oh, my Lord.

We had a thread telling most of us we were cowards for collapsing threads we didn't want cluttering up the post list. Now, the rest of us are cowards for not posting names.

So tell me, do people offering these insults online do the same in face to face conversations?

In what way does my immediately previous post suggest that " the rest of you are cowards for not posting names." ?

In what way is my immediately previous post insulting?

So tell me, would you be so quick to take faux offence at non-existent slights in face to face conversations?

I am bound to say, you have kind of made the point of my previous post for me and so have reminded me why I use my own name.

Thanks.