where should i go from here ?

djlive

Reply Sat 19 Jun, 2010 07:26 pm
I meet my ex girlfriend over a year ago just before she left to go live abroad. we stayed in contact and everything built from there talk everyday sit up late at night web chat to each other and this went on for a couple of months. Anyway she told me i was the love of her life and she wanted to move back home to be with me, so she did and we had our ups and downs in teething problems to start. A big thing was her ex boyfriend of 7 years (they broke up 2 years before and she has seen other people since) is her best friend which i knew from the start, but they never sat down and talked about the break up until we got together he tells her that he doesn't want to see or know anything to do with her new relationship which she agrees to, basically know mention of our relationship would be made to anyone he knows no know pics etc...anyway as you can imaging this would cause problems between us as she would go out for dinner with him and would go back to his a stay there after a while this stopped and until i found out she stayed there again and lied to me about it which caused us to fall out... anyway she moved in with me just after this time and things where up and down as normal. until recently when she started working alot she would come home and wanna sit on my computer talking everyone else to the early hours of the morning, this obviously caused frustration between us mainly on my part as i wanted to spend time together but she wanted to chill and talk to other people.. when the friend as her to go out she would and she would go back to his and fell asleep there and i would go and collect her after work at 4 and 5 in morning....

After a few mouths she moved in with me and we started to argue alot about this and other things, she started to be less interested in our relationship because of this the i started think very negative and i started go through her stuff and checking her phone... this causing fights and fall outs and i ended up finding stupid old letters between her and her ex that she brought into my house which i got really anger about and put her out of my house anyway the next day we fell in and that night she left her phone sitting about with a message to her ex to see if i would check it and i did and again we fell out this went on for a week or so lots of ups and downs anyway she finally said she had enough of lack of trust between us, the negativity didn't see me or us in the same way anymore and so that was that ... that night i texted her and agreed to and she thanked me ..., anyway a couple days later she phoned me and asked to come get some stuff and she came and left we talked for a bit and she said that she wanted an easy life and everything was to stressful for her and i said i agreed she was planning on go away back to Cyprus in a few weeks...

from here i stopped contacting her and gave her as much space as possible..
anyway after a couple of days later she phoned me and asked to see me and then I didn't hear from her for a couple of days and then she text'd me and asked me to meet her in half an hour, I didn't jump to it as i felt that if she really wanted to work things out properly she would have made real arrangements, she told me her reason for not doing so was she really busy and that she felt i was being very immature, we didn't talk for bout a week after this, she texted me and asked to arrange collecting her stuff from mine, she was ment to be coming at 11am the next morning but i got a text about 45mintues late to tell me should wasn't anywhere near me and that she would be there in a couple of hours time when she got back to the city... anyway this didn't happen so i got a text a couple of days later to try arrange again
which we did then I got a call from her an hour later asking if she could bring someone to help to get everything at the same time and out of my way,

Then the next day I got a call from her to remind me we are well and truly over and to tell me that her life has nothing to do with me and then tells me what being going on with her since we broke up and that she would make arrangements with her mum and text me right back, didn't hear anything till the next day day....

The next morning she texted me to let me know she with her mum and could they come get her stuff when they got to mine she was alone, I didn't talk her let her get on with it and she asked to leave some stuff to come back for. An hour later I got a text from her asking why I wasn't very chatty with her, I asked her what she wanted from me she avoided the question, which I pointed out, didn't hear anything for a couple of days So then a couple of days later i asked her again what she wants from me and got no repley, so after a few hours i made alternitave arrangements for the remander of her stuff and told about it and she replied with in seconds telling me to grow up and stop playing games and being immerture, i got no repley for three days cuz her phone was off and she had no charger, asked her if she wanted to meet and sort things out she said she doesn't want to be with me and there was nothing to talk about. I told her that it would be best then for her to make arrangements with my folks to collect the rest of her stuff , she agreed, as quickly as possible and then we could cut contact from here.

after more mess around with arrangements she finally agreed to come get the last of her stuff, obviously agreeing with me to cut contact and knowing that i would prob already know she was coming for her stuff texted me when she was on her way to collect her stuff to find out if i was in, her reason given to me was she was letting me just in case i thought it best i didn't reply as i wasn't in my house. bout 20 minutes later she phoned me i didn't answer again i thought this was best... i found out later that she had been talking to my parent about her family and illnesses and that she was planning on leaving the country and returning to cyprus, the night before she was due to leave i sent her a text to say i hope she manges to get back ok etc she text back saying ta not sure if she was going yet.... this was over a week ago and she has returned as far as i am aware...

what would be you advice on how to handle this from here ...

to me it seems when i try she doesn't want it but when i don't try she wants me to want it ....
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 0 • Views: 1,367 • Replies: 1
No top replies

DrDick

Reply Sat 19 Jun, 2010 07:54 pm
I know emotions can be very powerful. The fact you came into a forum and typed a lengthy post regarding your thoughts demonstrates that emotion, because it is definitely not logic.

If you had a friend treat you this way, would you really consider them to be a friend? I don't know about you, but if a friend tells me they are going to show up and they don't, then they probably are really not my friend. It sounds to me like she is very self-centered. I'm not saying that you are some wonderful guy without fault, but if we strictly focus on her...are her actions consistent with a person you really would want to be friends with for the rest of your life? These are the type of people you surround yourself with?

I continue to say friends, because without friendship you should not be pursuing an emotional relationship. In otherwords, I think emotion is getting in the way in this situation. You are not thinking clearly. If you step back and really ask yourself if a person that goes to her ex-boyfriend, chats with friends on the computer, and does not keep appointments is into you...the answer is that she is not. She is more interested in her wants and desires and every third tuesday it sounds like she wants you. That is not a foundation for even a friendship let alone a romantic relationship.

Mail her stuff to her and move on. Surround yourself with better people.
0 Replies