What's Cooking in Sophia's Kitchen ?

Reply Fri 18 Jun, 2010 07:13 am
What did U do to-day ? What will U cook to-night ? How do U practice Wisdom in Day-2-Day live ? I am curious ... Joy!
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 0 • Views: 11,596 • Replies: 135
No top replies

View best answer, chosen by Pepijn Sweep
salima

Reply Fri 18 Jun, 2010 08:37 am
@Pepijn Sweep,
Pepijn Sweep wrote:

What did U do to-day ? What will U cook to-night ? How do U practice Wisdom in Day-2-Day live ? I am curious ... Joy!

hi pepijn!
i didnt do much-cooked something called badia (dried spiced mixed lentils) for breakfast and for lunch a fried egg and toast.

i didnt know wisdom could be practiced...?
mark noble

Reply Fri 18 Jun, 2010 08:49 am
@Pepijn Sweep,
Hi Pepijn.
I grew a little and had fun doing so.

I'm having a mushroom, onion, radish, tomato (cherry) and cheese (Jarlsberg) omelete, with Mashed potato (Speciality mash) and sausage - Probably throw some garlic-bread in on the side too.

By understanding the contents of the day.

Joy to you too Pepijn.
Mark...
0 Replies

panzade

Reply Fri 18 Jun, 2010 08:57 am
A Sabrett dog and a Cuban coffee...breakfast fare to start the day.
Pepijn Sweep

Reply Fri 18 Jun, 2010 09:37 am
@panzade,
Nice meeting U. Hope U have a nice day !
Pepijn Sweep

Reply Fri 18 Jun, 2010 09:50 am
@salima,
salima wrote:

Pepijn Sweep wrote:

hi pepijn!
i didnt do much-cooked something called badia (dried spiced mixed lentils) for breakfast and for lunch a fried egg and toast.

i didnt know wisdom could be practiced...?

Very Happy
Maybe practice life with Wisdom ? I believe U can train Wisdom even. By communication p.e.. Not thât I feel any wiser lately. How have U been ? Missed U ... Laughing
0 Replies

Pepijn Sweep

Reply Fri 18 Jun, 2010 11:59 am
L'idée recette de Sophia

Gâteau de crêpes aux pommes

Wash 3 apples and finely slice them

Bake 4 pancakes

Put layers of pancake, confiture and apples in ovendish

Bake for 25 minutes at 150 0C
salima

Reply Fri 18 Jun, 2010 06:37 pm
@Pepijn Sweep,
what's confiture?
ossobuco

Reply Fri 18 Jun, 2010 07:01 pm
@salima,
Hi, all. I'll be reading your thread. I'm a mad cook, with many threads, but won't participate here re the need for a philosophic bon mot to conclude a post.

Be well, and prosper.
Pepijn Sweep

Reply Sat 19 Jun, 2010 08:57 am
@salima,
HI
it is french for marmalade...
I use lemoncurd sometimes, Mmm !

nice to have a Forum again, bye !
Arjuna

Reply Sat 19 Jun, 2010 03:00 pm
@Pepijn Sweep,
Hi Pepijn Sweep!

I missed you...
I've been floundering. Brown rice is my staple, but it's too hot to cook it now.
Dishes for 98 degrees at 100% relative humidity?
salima

Reply Sat 19 Jun, 2010 05:44 pm
@Arjuna,
Arjuna wrote:

Hi Pepijn Sweep!

I missed you...
I've been floundering. Brown rice is my staple, but it's too hot to cook it now.
Dishes for 98 degrees at 100% relative humidity?

you must be in texas or india, we are having the same weather here. monsoon is all around except in my little town which is ok because i have to go out about 6 more time to finish some urgent dental work.

what to cook when it is weather like this and there is a big hole on one side of your jaw where the insides of a tooth had to come out and drain for awhile???

i decided on cake and ice cream, but it is getting boring...
Arjuna

Reply Sat 19 Jun, 2010 05:57 pm
@salima,
salima wrote:

you must be in texas or india, we are having the same weather here. monsoon is all around except in my little town which is ok because i have to go out about 6 more time to finish some urgent dental work.

what to cook when it is weather like this and there is a big hole on one side of your jaw where the insides of a tooth had to come out and drain for awhile???

i decided on cake and ice cream, but it is getting boring...
If it ain't one thing it's a nuther. That's what my mother would say about your tooth. I have no teeth issues right now, but I've been living on ice-cream. Bizarrely, I'm finding that I want vanilla. My younger self just shakes her head. How could you pass by the chocolate?
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Sat 19 Jun, 2010 06:04 pm
Hello, philforum people.
I'd jump in here, except that I have no intention of writing some philosophic tidbit at the end of my posts.

This could be an opportunity for you to figure out your forums:
Group rules, who you let and don't let in. I won't be offended if you say no, trust me on that - but I am guessing it could help you figure out if you want you groups to be closed, and how much so. In the meantime, I have started probably hundreds of food threads, or at least have participated in hundreds, on a2k, pre philforum.

I can easily see you would like your own room, as I said. So - this is just a wondering post, to help you figure that out amongst yourselves, in advance of Robert developing Groups.
I don't have any idea what groups will look like once Robert gets them going. Maybe there can be a lot of varied groups.
Arjuna

Reply Sat 19 Jun, 2010 07:48 pm
@ossobuco,
ossobuco wrote:

Hello, philforum people.
I'd jump in here, except that I have no intention of writing some philosophic tidbit at the end of my posts.

This could be an opportunity for you to figure out your forums:
Group rules, who you let and don't let in. I won't be offended if you say no, trust me on that - but I am guessing it could help you figure out if you want you groups to be closed, and how much so. In the meantime, I have started probably hundreds of food threads, or at least have participated in hundreds, on a2k, pre philforum.

I can easily see you would like your own room, as I said. So - this is just a wondering post, to help you figure that out amongst yourselves, in advance of Robert developing Groups.
I don't have any idea what groups will look like once Robert gets them going. Maybe there can be a lot of varied groups.
Oh come on... how can you make spaghetti if you haven't considered how the existence of spaghetti implies the sauce?

I think that forum is gone now. Groups can be interesting though. Who knows what we'll do with it?
ossobuco

Reply Sat 19 Jun, 2010 08:02 pm
@Arjuna,
Well, that's my point. I figure you may all like your food plus philo thread, and I don't want to butt in... at the same time I'm really happy you are here. Robert is a busy person, but he is listening to you all. This is just an alert, do you want a non invaded food thread all your own?
Arjuna

Reply Sat 19 Jun, 2010 08:25 pm
@ossobuco,
ossobuco wrote:

Well, that's my point. I figure you may all like your food plus philo thread, and I don't want to butt in... at the same time I'm really happy you are here. Robert is a busy person, but he is listening to you all. This is just an alert, do you want a non invaded food thread all your own?
Oh. We had a teeny tiny group for art, food and gardening. It was an anomaly. I started the group... the name of it was inspired by Pepijn.., but I'm not sure there would be a purpose or interest in that here. I can't speak for anybody else that contributed to it.

I appreciate your sensitivity... from my side of monitor, there's nothing to butt into... it's gone. The buttinsky is me. I see that Pepijn started this thread... but I don't doubt he'd welcome your input.

Hey, I had a dog with a very similar face to the one in your avatar. I loved her very much. Gotta go!
Pepijn Sweep

Reply Sun 20 Jun, 2010 02:54 am
@salima,
Hi Salima ! Sorry about U´r dental problems... I had my share earlier this year. I ate chilled fruits, rice-pudding and a cucumbersalad (finely cut) with yoghurt and coriander. Also couscous with lots of parsley (iron/vitamine) and some dressing went well.
Pepijn Sweep

Reply Sun 20 Jun, 2010 03:03 am
@ossobuco,
Hi ! I think it´s nice when more people respond. We were a small social group but always open to new members. I don´t see why we would get invaded... It´s not that interesting and there´s nothing to gain. You mind me checking U´r receipes ? PepI ud Jisp
jespah

Reply Sun 20 Jun, 2010 07:19 am
@Pepijn Sweep,
RP (Region Philbis on this board; he's my husband) is going to cook an omelet this morning. It'll be cheese and vegs. Plus we'll have toast with jam and he'll have a smoothie (I'll have water).

Tonight is homemade pizza; lunch is a mystery that will mainly involve last night's leftover barley.

As for philosophical thinkings, I think the main thing will be to become one with cleaning implements as my parents are coming for a visit on Friday. Smile