where will the ghost go

Reply Thu 17 Jun, 2010 07:04 pm
my girlfriend said she believes that ghost may exist, as in the casper variety. I asked her if and when the sun finishes it's life and blows up and possibly engulfs the first three or so orbiting planet in about 4 billion years including earth where will all the ghost go? will they just float around in space? she has yet to give me a good answer.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 3 • Views: 2,498 • Replies: 6
No top replies

MARYALAN

Reply Thu 17 Jun, 2010 07:29 pm
@daredevil,
She may be talking about spirits. You are quite factual in your thinking but it relates to this life as we know it on this earth. There are greater things other than us humans....got to be.......even tho I can relate to what you saying in a way.
Why do those gifted people who are called physics know so much about our past? Can you explain that one cause I cant. I being sceptical have been in situations following my parents passing and given 2 lifelines whilst being warned from 'something unexplained' from them as to things I should not do. I heeded these warnings and saw what would have happened to me happen to others. We are just humans afterall and not as intelligent as we think. We are pretty stupid when I think of it as we got things so wrong in this world......look at all the starvation and warfare going on.........we dont know it all as what we have done is not working okay. As a child I used to tell my Mam that God must have died as there is so much suffering in the world. Perhaps God has died.......who knows! I hope I am wrong.
0 Replies

rosborne979

Reply Thu 17 Jun, 2010 08:08 pm
@daredevil,
daredevil phil wrote:
my girlfriend said she believes that ghost may exist, as in the casper variety. I asked her if and when the sun finishes it's life and blows up and possibly engulfs the first three or so orbiting planet in about 4 billion years including earth where will all the ghost go? will they just float around in space? she has yet to give me a good answer.

I'm not surprised.

The Earth is also hurtling through space at a pretty good clip. It's orbiting the Sun while the Sun orbits the galactic center. Unless Ghosts/Spirits or whatever are attached somehow to the dirt of this planet, then they are probably all being left in a long trail through the galactic arm.
Reyn

Reply Thu 17 Jun, 2010 08:36 pm
@daredevil,
The "ghosts" will pass on to a different plane of existence.

Ghosts are really only earth-bound souls that don't realize that they're dead or bound emotionally to a specific location due to certain circumstances.
0 Replies

Krumple

Reply Thu 17 Jun, 2010 08:38 pm
@rosborne979,
rosborne979 wrote:
The Earth is also hurtling through space at a pretty good clip. It's orbiting the Sun while the Sun orbits the galactic center. Unless Ghosts/Spirits or whatever are attached somehow to the dirt of this planet, then they are probably all being left in a long trail through the galactic arm.

Yeah i agree, i find it funny when people say they see ghosts walking down some hall way of some second story building. Like gravity effects ghosts? You hear their shoes or boots tapping as they walk down the hall.
0 Replies

jeeprs

Reply Fri 18 Jun, 2010 04:10 am
@daredevil,
I am not saying that I believe in ghosts, or anything, but there is a difference between immortal and eternal. In traditional belief, beings like Angels are 'created' and therefore are not eternal, even if they are not subject to the mortality of human beings. So: not mortal, but also not eternal.
0 Replies

Khethil

Reply Fri 18 Jun, 2010 04:24 am
@daredevil,
daredevil phil wrote:

Haha! Good one - I don't think I've ever heard or thought of the "What happens when the Sun Burns Out"-argument. Kudos

That actually could be asked of a lot of metaphysical, spiritual or religious aspects; just for discussion's sake.
0 Replies