Why are Atheists so Scary?

sozobe

Reply Fri 25 Jun, 2010 07:46 am
@Finn dAbuzz,
Finn dAbuzz wrote:

The point?

Sorry, I mistook it as your point.

Not mistaken at all. It was the point that I was making. Otherwise known as my point. Which you missed.

Quote:
I really seem to have hit a nerve with one of my comments because I keep seeing this denial of reaching a conclusion about God through rebellion.

You didn't - fine. I don't think I ever contended that you or all atheists did.

I didn't contend anything in particular beyond what you acknowledge here -- that while it's possible that some people became atheists through rebellion, some of us, like me, (since I was relating my own experience, in response to your question) did not.

Quote:
Clearly I've not made by point clear on the nature of the comparison between belief in unicorns and belief in God and I don't think it's worth another try.

I do get that directing this analogy towards belief in God (as opposed to nonbelief in God) is annoying. Which is why I've taken pains to clarify, throughout, that it's not what I'm doing.

Quote:
Thanks for the debate though.

Sure.
Thomas

Reply Fri 25 Jun, 2010 10:50 am
@sozobe,
Finn wrote:
Clearly I've not made by point clear on the nature of the comparison between belief in unicorns and belief in God and I don't think it's worth another try.

sozobe wrote:
I do get that directing this analogy towards belief in God (as opposed to nonbelief in God) is annoying. Which is why I've taken pains to clarify, throughout, that it's not what I'm doing.

You're damn right it's annoying! How dare those Christians elevate their imaginary-friend superstition to the level of a legitimite religion! Good for you you're not buying into this crap. May Her Holy Horn guard you eternally, Sozobe.
0 Replies