Did South Carolina really nominate this guy?!?

H2O MAN

Reply Wed 16 Jun, 2010 07:23 pm
@Theaetetus,
You are also free to be as stupidly ignorant as you choose while I rely on the facts.
0 Replies

H2O MAN

Reply Wed 16 Jun, 2010 07:25 pm
@plainoldme,

Careful Pom Pom, the hate filled, racists liberal supremacists in you is showing again.
H2O MAN

Reply Wed 16 Jun, 2010 07:26 pm
@Pangloss,

Your comments here on A2K reveal that you don't like anyone that much with the possible exception of yourself.
Pangloss

Reply Wed 16 Jun, 2010 07:45 pm
@H2O MAN,
H2O MAN wrote:

Your comments here on A2K reveal that you don't like anyone that much with the possible exception of yourself.

Coming from you, that really stings. Move along now please.
0 Replies

plainoldme

Reply Wed 16 Jun, 2010 07:55 pm
@H2O MAN,
YEah, like I ever say anything that could be contrived as racist.
0 Replies

CoastalRat

Reply Thu 17 Jun, 2010 09:14 am
Well, getting back to the thread topic, and speaking as a South Carolinian, we technically did not "nominate this guy." He somehow managed to pony up the fee to get on the democrat primary ballot and the fine democrats in our state voted for him en masse for some reason. Some did so because his name was the first one on the ballot. Some actually did so because the name was somewhat familiar (his name is the same as a particular entertainer's.) I'm sure some did so because he was black (just as some I am sure voted for Rawl because he was white.) The fact that he was elected to be the democrat nominee for Congress says more about the average intelligence of the voters than it does anything else.

In any case, I don't think Jim DeMint has anything to worry about as far as his re-election bid is concerned. Unless the democrats can get Greene out of the race they have no chance of his winning.
Irishk

Reply Thu 17 Jun, 2010 09:23 am
@CoastalRat,
CoastalRat wrote:
Some actually did so because the name was somewhat familiar (his name is the same as a particular entertainer's.)

Vic Rawl shoulda changed his name to 'Lou' LOL.
CoastalRat

Reply Thu 17 Jun, 2010 09:29 am
@Irishk,
Yeah, that may well have helped him. lol

Honestly, if I were a democrat and had voted for this guy, for whatever reason, I sure wouldn't be admitting to it.

Irishk

Reply Thu 17 Jun, 2010 09:33 am
@CoastalRat,
CoastalRat wrote:

Yeah, that may well have helped him. lol

Honestly, if I were a democrat and had voted for this guy, for whatever reason, I sure wouldn't be admitting to it.

Like the woman in the video I posted. She admitted she voted for Alvin because he reminded her of the singer, Al Green, but then had the nerve to criticize Florida voters LOL!!!
CoastalRat

Reply Thu 17 Jun, 2010 09:39 am
@Irishk,
Yeah. People like her make me think we really should have some type of intelligence test to be allowed to vote. Of course, that probably wouldn't work either. I'm sure some of the democrat voters who voted for Greene were intelligent people. I mean, I realize they were democrats, but I'm told some dems are smart. Wink
Irishk

Reply Thu 17 Jun, 2010 09:47 am
@CoastalRat,
Alvin should make this his campaign song LOL.....

Irishk

Reply Thu 17 Jun, 2010 12:50 pm
Alvin Greene: “I am also the best person to be TIME magazine’s Man of the Year”

Greene maintains that the answer is much simpler. “I am the best candidate for the United States Senate in South Carolina,” he says, hitting his talking points, as he is apt to do. “And I am also the best person to be TIME magazine’s Man of the Year.” He is speaking now, between trips to the kitchen, in the living room, while his 81-year-old father, James, Sr., barefoot under a flannel blanket, dozes on the couch. Suddenly, the television flashes Greene’s face, as a Fox News announcer teases an upcoming segment asking about the newbie’s “mental state.” This gets to Greene, who is tired of being treated by the press like a carnival act. “What about everyone else’s mental state?” he asks, before breaking into a chuckle. “It seems like things don’t apply to me. I’m the nominee, and 60 percent isn’t 60 percent anymore.”…

Greene says he paid the $10,400 filing fee with his own Army savings, and he never had professional help from outside. He wants to get on with building a campaign, based around his three issues: jobs, education and “justice in the judicial system.” But there are signs everywhere that he has no idea how to proceed. He says he is still waiting for the state party to provide him with money and infrastucture to launch his campaign, but the state chairwoman, Carol Fowler, says she will not back someone facing charges “for something truly distasteful.” When first asked if he would grant an interview with TIME, Greene responded by asking a question of his own: “Does the candidate get paid?”
0 Replies

Pangloss

Reply Thu 17 Jun, 2010 02:47 pm
I think we'd all agree that Alvin's not the best candidate for the senate, but he's probably better than many of the scumbags we have in there now.
maporsche

Reply Thu 17 Jun, 2010 03:16 pm
I missed this post, and just now finally caught up with TDS on my DVR. First thing I did was come to A2K; what a joke this guy is, and yes, our voters are really stupid.
0 Replies

Theaetetus

Reply Thu 17 Jun, 2010 03:27 pm
@Pangloss,
Sad, but how true. One U.S. Congressman from my area, Jim Sensenbrenner, is repeatedly chosen as the worst or one of the worst politicians of the country. I would vote Greene over him any day. When you have a giant douche in office, anyone else is better--no matter how qualified they may not be. Of course, Sensenbrenner is almost impossible to remove, because his district conveniently lacks any major minority neighborhoods or large colleges or universities, thus, a candidate cannot be run to receive all the minority or student votes.
Pangloss

Reply Thu 17 Jun, 2010 05:01 pm
@Theaetetus,
I live in Illinois, so political corruption and scandal is only ever one more election away...jaded citizen right here, when it comes to any hope for American politics.
maporsche

Reply Thu 17 Jun, 2010 08:29 pm
@Pangloss,
I live in Illinois too, northern Chicago to be more exact. Whereabouts are you?
Pangloss

Reply Thu 17 Jun, 2010 08:42 pm
@maporsche,
UIUC
0 Replies

plainoldme

Reply Fri 18 Jun, 2010 12:02 am
Let's hope he is a diamond in the rough.
0 Replies

H2O MAN

Reply Fri 18 Jun, 2010 07:12 am
@Irishk,
0 Replies