Logicus

Reply Wed 24 Jul, 2013 02:34 pm
@neologist,
Then how is God omnipotent if He can't help us due to Satan?
neologist

Reply Wed 24 Jul, 2013 02:57 pm
@Logicus,
Logicus wrote:
Then how is God omnipotent if He can't help us due to Satan?
Satan's demise has been foretold as well as the end of death. Many of us who read the Bible carefully are convinced of this. Quite a few members of this board are not. But the discussions pro and con are legion.
0 Replies

peter jeffrey cobb

Reply Wed 24 Jul, 2013 04:32 pm
@Logicus,
Hmmm I am reading alot about the holocaust, interesting to read because some of my ancestors were part of the German Jewish population that died because of it. Since were talking about such things could I ask what do you think we should do about the Rohingya? They are another group of people that are right now being exterminated because of their race, skin color, they way some of them worship or don't worship God. Well here is your chance you witness to a holocaust happening in your lifetime. Right now as you reading this. You seem to feel strongly about this subject. You can find more details in mine "Should human rights be taken away from someone if they are diagnosed with schizophrenia". Or you can do some research on your own. Ohh just a little side note they are 98% illiterate because they were not allowed to have an education. So they only know what is told to them by word of mouth. To include reading their books from what ever religion some of them chose to follow. Go on and I would like to know what action now knowing this going on would like to do? Something to prevent it? Let it happen? Pretend it don't exist? Anything at all?
mark noble

Reply Wed 24 Jul, 2013 04:34 pm
@Logicus,
You'll find your 'Truth' far easier to achieve if you simply treat 'god' as a fictional character in a series of books.

Like Captain Nemo, maybe....?
You don't debate the impossibility of the Nautilus' electrically charged exoskeleton, now do you...?
neologist

Reply Wed 24 Jul, 2013 05:16 pm
@peter jeffrey cobb,
Rohingya. I had never heard . . .
Thanks for the info.
Logicus

Reply Wed 24 Jul, 2013 05:51 pm
@peter jeffrey cobb,
I am aware of the situation going on. These are things that no one individual can hope to change. I certainly do not know how to stop this. But looking at this from a religious point of view, God abandoned these Rohingya. From another perspective, this will never change. Humans will always be killing each other and no one can stop that, unless all Humans died. I prefer to look at it from the other perspective, because it shows us that it is our fault these atrocities are happening, and although we may not be able to stop it, we can suppress the pain.
Logicus

Reply Wed 24 Jul, 2013 05:52 pm
@mark noble,
Well the topic of this thread is: "Is God a murderer?" To answer that question, I have to take the viewpoint of religion, even if I do not believe it personally.
mark noble

Reply Wed 24 Jul, 2013 05:58 pm
@Logicus,
Then do what I did - Study the hell out of it and end up none the wiser.
Book of proverbs is exceptional for psych research and moral guidance though.
Just remove the deitic factor beforehand.
Logicus

Reply Wed 24 Jul, 2013 06:01 pm
@mark noble,
No, I shouldn't. To fully understand something, I have to accept everything the source has to offer me, even if it means to believe in a deity, as I read the book. I cannot allow myself to be biased against the deity at the start.
peter jeffrey cobb

Reply Wed 24 Jul, 2013 06:09 pm
@Logicus,
You know its happening. You have free will. They don't belong to a Country. So cant say its because they belong to a different country.
Again the answer you are seeking is "Do we have free will".
Are we making up any excuse we can by saying "its to hard?" "its Some one besides me, problem." "I am just one person I cant make a difference".
And then turning around and saying "its God's fault because I choose to use my free will this way."
Its that the question? That it should be Gods fault because he gave us free will?
Setanta

Reply Wed 24 Jul, 2013 06:11 pm
What a pathetic propagandist. Demonstrate that there is a god, and that this god can or ever has given us anything.
mark noble

Reply Wed 24 Jul, 2013 06:12 pm
@Logicus,
It's not a storybook, no narrative.
Just Strings of one-liners.
0 Replies

peter jeffrey cobb

Reply Wed 24 Jul, 2013 06:13 pm
@neologist,
Yes I read you were interested in slavery. A lot of the Rohingya that escape the persecution there get sold of into slavery.
Who knows you might be able to make a difference look into it.
0 Replies

Logicus

Reply Wed 24 Jul, 2013 06:16 pm
@peter jeffrey cobb,
You're assuming I believe in God. Please don't assume that. I only implied that God was real for the sake of the argument. Also, do not be offended by my...atheism. I look at the world a bit differently than some people. Apologies.
Logicus

Reply Wed 24 Jul, 2013 06:17 pm
@Setanta,
Me? Or the other guy?
peter jeffrey cobb

Reply Wed 24 Jul, 2013 06:18 pm
@Logicus,
the other guy sorry Smile
peter jeffrey cobb

Reply Wed 24 Jul, 2013 06:22 pm
@Logicus,
Ohh sorry I dint mean to assume it. Its just if the topic Being "Is God a Murderer"
Well it implies if you are answering that question that you would think such a thing exists first. Smile If you don't think a God exists then this topic should be irrelevant to you. Smile
Logicus

Reply Wed 24 Jul, 2013 06:22 pm
@peter jeffrey cobb,
Oh oops. No problem. Apologies.
0 Replies

peter jeffrey cobb

Reply Wed 24 Jul, 2013 06:23 pm
@Setanta,
me or the other guy?
0 Replies

Logicus

Reply Wed 24 Jul, 2013 06:23 pm
@peter jeffrey cobb,
I don't really believe in irrelevance. Everything has value and a usefulness to it. I just have to find it.
0 Replies