Kolyo

Reply Fri 25 Jan, 2013 07:53 pm
Are our parents murderers? After all, the faulty genetic code they endow us with is programmed for planned obsolescence leading to our death from old age.

Is time a murderer? If it stopped, no one would have to die, but it stubbornly marches on.

Is the sun a murderer? Look at all the skin cancer and heat stroke!

The whole universe is one big conspiracy to kill us...
JLNobody

Reply Fri 25 Jan, 2013 08:06 pm
@Kolyo,
Indeed, life is a lethal sexually transmitted desease (std) for which I'm very grateful.
0 Replies

Smileyrius

Reply Sat 26 Jan, 2013 10:13 am
@imans,
Imans, you never answered my question to you a few threads back

do you represent a faith or consider yourself a Godly man?
imans

Reply Sat 26 Jan, 2013 12:32 pm
@Smileyrius,
when u believe that u represent smthg or that u belong to someone else, then u r clearly rejectin being an individual urself, as an evil living will by powers and without efforts since usin what everyone do

and when existence cant b but about what is real so individually realized, then ur insistence to rely on else to exist is a lie of urself conscious being

and to confirm it all, it is obvious that im against the concept even of god that cant b but evil, as opposed to truth recognition and rights
Smileyrius

Reply Sat 26 Jan, 2013 03:14 pm
@imans,
So thats a no right? You do not believe in the commonly accepted concept of God.

But you do believe in truth, where does truth for you come from?
0 Replies

Fil Albuquerque

Reply Sat 26 Jan, 2013 04:08 pm
@sometime sun,
sometime sun wrote:

I'm not sure I should be asking this question as I think I have an answer.

Is God a murderer?

Even if your idea is that God does not exist,
from what you know of the ideas and sightings of God, is God a murderer?

Indulging in the existence of God and further indulging on the claim that God is the first and final cause of everything I reason that God must ultimately be the cause of murdering being both possible and actual.
0 Replies

claudene

Reply Mon 25 Mar, 2013 03:26 am
@sometime sun,
may I ask where did you come up with that?
I feel that no one is allowed to question His ways?
BillRM

Reply Mon 25 Mar, 2013 04:33 am
@claudene,
Quote:

No one is allow to question the ways of a human blood soak fantasy god?

Oh "his way" imply the male sex so why would a one of a kind god have a sex if there is no female god around?

The holy ghost did get Mary in the family way however still not the god head proper.

The whole thing this called out to be question and laugh at also in my opinion.

0 Replies

Nooneleft

Reply Mon 25 Mar, 2013 05:39 am
@claudene,
claudene wrote:

GET OFF this crap already! "god"s a damn myth that was started by the freakin fairy god mother, and perpetuated by the stupid tooth fairy!!
The ONLY damn faith you need to have in anyone is YOURSELF!! If YOU can't get it done, no god then or now is gonna do it FOR you. Wake the f**k up!
0 Replies

neologist

Reply Tue 14 May, 2013 08:31 pm
@sometime sun,
Here is where I have trouble following your thoughts.
sometime sun wrote:
Lets for this discussion then make God mortal,
which means subject to mortal law.
Are you saying a being with the power to create life us unable to sustain his own?
Ragman

Reply Tue 14 May, 2013 09:51 pm
@neologist,
In case you're unaware, you're addressing a 3 yr-old-post from a person that it appears has left the site.
neologist

Reply Tue 14 May, 2013 10:02 pm
@Ragman,
Ragman wrote:
In case you're unaware, you're addressing a 3 yr-old-post from a person that it appears has left the site.
Thanks. I figured the thread was pretty well tapped out. I've been bumping a few old ones that interest me for my own edification. Some of the comments are well thought out. If some of them resuscitate, that's OK too.
0 Replies

Logicus

Reply Tue 23 Jul, 2013 03:16 pm
Again, I am arguing this from a logical perspective, so do not feel offended, please. Assuming that God exists, God is an entity that has power over all of creation, but although we are his creations, we still have rights to our treatment. Just because He created us doesn't mean that He can massacre droves of our populations. So, yes, I believe God may be a murderer, although His reasons are unknown.
neologist

Reply Tue 23 Jul, 2013 05:00 pm
@Logicus,
If God exists and created you with the qualities of love and justice, how could he not possess these same qualities to a greater degree in himself? If you are repulsed by the concept of murder, how could you impeach God?
mark noble

Reply Tue 23 Jul, 2013 07:12 pm
@Logicus,
According to god All acts are by him, through him and for him.
According to god - Isaiah 45:7 is all you need to understand this.
According to me - the question is bollux - God is imaginary.
Logicus

Reply Tue 23 Jul, 2013 08:17 pm
@neologist,
Just because you have a kind and just child, it doesn't mean you have those same qualities. To impeach God, bluntly, is to stop worshiping Him. Again, I do not intend to challenge anyone's religious views.
0 Replies

Logicus

Reply Tue 23 Jul, 2013 08:18 pm
@mark noble,
Well, that's a very straight forward answer.
0 Replies

neologist

Reply Tue 23 Jul, 2013 09:08 pm
@mark noble,
mark noble wrote:
According to me - the question is bollux - God is imaginary.
If God is imaginary, He can not be a murderer.
If God created us, He cannot be a murderer.
Logicus

Reply Tue 23 Jul, 2013 09:09 pm
@neologist,
Your second premise is false. Anyone can create something and still be a murderer.
neologist

Reply Tue 23 Jul, 2013 09:11 pm
@Logicus,
Can't be false if He created us with the qualities of love and justice, He must have them to an even greater degree.