Why People Seek Solace In Gods.

XXSpadeMasterXX

Reply Sat 16 Jul, 2011 11:55 am
@reasoning logic,
there is one living God...that to my experiences exhists without ANY doubt...
reasoning logic

Reply Sat 16 Jul, 2011 11:56 am
@XXSpadeMasterXX,
Quote:
..therefor I see it that ANY philosophy or religion that has divisions...simply can not nor will ever exhist...

You have not studied the philosophy of religion have you? because religions are alive and well with much division and with people like you I do not see them going away any time soon!

I am not trying to be mean only honest and I do hope the best for you!
0 Replies

reasoning logic

Reply Sat 16 Jul, 2011 11:57 am
@XXSpadeMasterXX,

Quote:

there is one living God...that to my experiences exhists without ANY doubt...

How do you know that there are not many?
Oldmike

Reply Sat 16 Jul, 2011 11:57 am
@XXSpadeMasterXX,
I believe there are absolute truths. But I believe we as humans are limited in being able to know for sure what is truth. There are easy truths; like gravity and light, but as far as god and how the universe was formed, we can only seek the truth and then make a leap to believe what we feel is right.
XXSpadeMasterXX

Reply Sat 16 Jul, 2011 11:59 am
@cicerone imposter,
please explain also who a sage is in Confuscious eyes are? and second what does he mean when he says this?

“The Master said: ‘He who does not understand the Will of GOD can never be a man of the higher type.
0 Replies

XXSpadeMasterXX

Reply Sat 16 Jul, 2011 12:04 pm
@Oldmike,
exactly correct...proving the whole concept of taking a leap of faith in God is the ONLY way to ever find him...and if you haven't found God (this is for everyone not an attack against you mike) ...to me you never actually took a full complete leap toward having ultimate faith in him...were looking in the wrong places...or didn't take in what the ones who were speaking about God were truly saying...
reasoning logic

Reply Sat 16 Jul, 2011 12:15 pm
@XXSpadeMasterXX,
Quote:
exactly correct...proving the whole concept of taking a leap of faith in God is the ONLY way to ever find him...and if you haven't found God (this is for everyone not an attack against you mike) ...to me you never actually took a full complete leap toward having ultimate faith in him...were looking in the wrong places...or didn't take in what the ones who were speaking about God were truly saying...

If you really are sincere and do care about truth then I challenge you to go on a short journey studying Neuroscience and a few other fields!

I would think that within a week of an hour a day may be sufficient!
0 Replies

Oldmike

Reply Sat 16 Jul, 2011 12:18 pm
@XXSpadeMasterXX,
I believe in god as the creator of the universe and all that we see. I took a leap "to" faith 40 years ago. But 4 years ago I realized that I had been believing what the Bible and Christian teachers taught without really approaching the teachings from a rational point of view. I NO LONGER believe that the Bible is inerrant, Jesus is the only way, or that there is an afterlife.
I realized just this past week that I am mad at and disappointed in the creator of this world.
reasoning logic

Reply Sat 16 Jul, 2011 12:20 pm
@Oldmike,
Quote:
I realized just this past week that I am mad at and disappointed in the creator of this world.

Why
cicerone imposter

Reply Sat 16 Jul, 2011 12:24 pm
@Oldmike,
oldmike, You are arriving at the wrong conclusion, because your religion allows you to believe something that's not true.

We live with nature, and not with any god(s). That's the reason why natural disasters kill the majority rather than singling out the people who believe in any god(s) - or even people most can determine to be honest, good, people - like children.

If you understand this fundamental truth, you will live without the handicap of having faith in any god, and direct your life with good intentions and good will toward all.

Oldmike

Reply Sat 16 Jul, 2011 12:28 pm
@reasoning logic,
Because god has created a mess. There is too much evil, suffering and injustice. If god really was "good" and cared, he, she or it would do something about it. The many different explanations that Christians offer don't make sense when you try to rationally consider them and make them "make sense".
Oldmike

Reply Sat 16 Jul, 2011 12:30 pm
@cicerone imposter,
This world and universe is too complex and too much order to not have come from a creative being. Nature is what god made it.
cicerone imposter

Reply Sat 16 Jul, 2011 12:31 pm
@Oldmike,
That's what common sense is all about, but most christians have sacrificed common sense for their faith. Most do not come to the realization that you have, so I offer my congratulations. Christianity is an addiction that is not easily swayed by reason.
0 Replies

XXSpadeMasterXX

Reply Sat 16 Jul, 2011 12:38 pm
@reasoning logic,
How do you know that there are not many?

simple, because if there were many...who would rule among all of them? or how would they all be gods but coincide with one another...if one was a God of the sea and controlled that aspect...then how could a sun god be truly called God if he couldn't control the sea by himself...to me God, means one being above all who from all GOOD things come...if there is a God, there is ONLY one being...other wise at some point Gods would conflict with other Gods and there rullings...and there would be chaos and no order...and if you look at mythology such as greek, they believe in One God who governs all other Gods in Zues...if this is the case, they he alone could be God himself, having authority over every other God...and therefore, there is no need for the other Gods and Goddess to even exhist in the first place...
reasoning logic

Reply Sat 16 Jul, 2011 12:39 pm
@Oldmike,
Quote:
This world and universe is too complex and too much order to not have come from a creative being. Nature is what god made it.

Maybe the real problem is us humans speaking in absolutes as if we really know with absolute certainty that there is a creator!
reasoning logic

Reply Sat 16 Jul, 2011 12:43 pm
@XXSpadeMasterXX,
Quote:
.to me God, means one being above all who from all GOOD things come.

Does this mean that your God is incapable of creating evil? If so how did evil come about if your God did not create the concept of evil?

Was he not able to create good without having evil in his creation?
0 Replies

Oldmike

Reply Sat 16 Jul, 2011 12:48 pm
@reasoning logic,
Now you're not using reason and logic. Not believing in a creator is like believing that a car in a parking lot just came about through random events. I cannot say with absolute certainty that there is a god that created everything, but the world and universe are just too complex to be a random occurrence. My believing this doesn't mean I believe he, she or it is involved in the events of the world, or that god still is alive.
cicerone imposter

Reply Sat 16 Jul, 2011 12:51 pm
@Oldmike,
oldmike, Are you aware of evolution? Do you know anything about biology? How about the origin of humans?

Oldmike

Reply Sat 16 Jul, 2011 12:56 pm
@XXSpadeMasterXX,
Spade Master, I'm not trying to change your mind about what you believe about god. I'm glad you believe it. I used to, and life was simpler then. Just please examine what you believe and make sure it is your own. If it isn't your own, but someone else's, it will eventually crumble.
0 Replies

Oldmike

Reply Sat 16 Jul, 2011 12:58 pm
@cicerone imposter,
I hope you aren't trying to insult me. Of course I am aware, and have studied science and evolution. Those only address the current reality of what is here; not the originating cause.